FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPhil and teds double buggy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phil and teds double buggy
    Posted: 31 July 2007 at 6:59pm
Hi

Ok, now I LOVE my P&T's E3, and often tell anyone and everyone how wonderful it is. But I have never used it with the doubles kit before (as there was no need!!) but as the nesting thing has suddenly kicked in, I decided today to get out the double seat and instuctions so I knew how to use it properly when no. 2 arrives. So I put the double seat on the front, and put Alex in it to see how he liked it (which he did). But it seems as though he is quite high up, and so I am unable to use the sun hood, as his head is in the way, well the hood is in his heads way! So I guess I will have to take it off when he is in the second seat... which seems rather annoying considering Ill be using it in summer and I need to keep the sun off him.

Has any one else found this a problem? The pictures in the instuction manual keep the hood on, but it just doesnt work (and Alex isnt big)

GGRRRR I like Phil and teds, but today they are annoying me!! (they have no email, and no 0800 no. which I think is rude!! I will have to pay for a phone call to them!!)
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 7:11pm
I don't have one (although I would like one! LOL), but I have most often seen the second seat at the back of the main seat of the buggy - maybe you could try that instead?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 7:15pm
The second seat can only go on the back when used with an older baby . When you use it with a newborn the toddler seat has to go on the front.
I'll see if we have an 0800 for them, they are one of our suppliers.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 7:16pm
Or PM daikini or Mum2Paris as they both have this model, I think.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 12:05am
i do have one of these but i have the older version.. ie the e3, first version they bought out, they then made adjustments to it to get the e2 v3 or whatever the heck it is. some of the adjustments are good.. like no longer having to zip the toddler seat into position over the baby.. just clipping it on instead, but others like putting the toddler seat further up.. mean that toddler might not be covered quite so well.. gives bubba more feet room though which i found was lacking with mine.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 10:35am
Yes I think I am just going to have to put up with it over summer, and Alex will have to learn to wear a sunhat!! I guess it will only be for about 6 months and then I will put the toddler seat underneath, once baby is bigger. But it is still annoying me!! It would be no good at all it your toddler was older, like 3!! Maybe he wont mind having his head up in the sunhood, maybe he will think he is in a play hut!! (I doubt it!!)
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 11:41am
he he, paris still fits ours nicely with plenty of head room so they must have changed it a fair bit, unless there is some way you can extend the sunshade or something...?

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 8:59pm
My friend has one of these and she slides her baby in the back part of the seat - hope that helps.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 3:47pm
We have the v2 of the e3 (with me so far? ), and I do know what you mean. The toddler does seem to sit very high up when on the front. If you look at the toddler seat only, you will see that there are 2 sets of domes on the side of the frame near the top, and one set that clips onto them on the fabric of the seat. If you clip the domes from the seat onto the lower set on the frame, it will lower the whole toddler seat on its frame. It doesn't look like much, but it does actually make quite a difference when you use the seat.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 4:09pm
We have the new sport model and dont have this problem? Kayla is 90cm tall and although there isnt alot of spare space there is enough for her to fit under the hood.
Hope you find an answer, sorry i cant help
Kayla Rose is now 4!
James Sydney is nearly 2!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 9:04pm
hang there and i will demonstrate with ayja's dolly. lol.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 9:28pm
ok, so theres the normal buggy with the seat in the baby position/layback flat position

Then theres the buggy with the toddler seat int he front position.. our buggy with toddler seat is the older one so it zipped into place.. the newer ones clip into the slots where the front bar that goes across gets pulled off i think.

Of course the usual buggy seat get laid back right down flat.. and baby lies on that. with the flap that goes up to stop em falling out.. (our dolly isn't harnessed in sorry lol) and you get either a sun shade or i found our rain cover most handy.. single of course.. has a flap that goes down over the back.. see through, so that baby doesn't get cold. also means if you have the sunshade one on no-one even knows you have baby in there.. great for up town when you can't be bothered being stopped by a million grannies wanting to look at baby if you're in a hurry. lol

So really, until you are using the toddler seat at the back for the older kiddies, you only need the single rain and shade cover.

and theres the gap in the front between the top and bottom seat for feet once baby gets bigger.. as i said, our toddler one zips into place so once paris was in it the bum of the seat used to cut down leg space for ayja, but the new ones are up higher too so more leggy room for bubs. mainly when ayja was little i put our own little cocoon in the bottom part and didn't really do the strap in thing as it fitted pretty snug.

Edited by mum2paris

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 9:32pm
Many thankd to Anna, Ayja's dolly for being so obliging. lol (she fits Ayja's 3-6 month old clothes so is just right for the buggy!)

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 9:45pm
yep ours is the same as well, but because ours zipped into place, the bar framework that runs up the sides of our toddler seat and forms a weel handle thingie above it.. ours comes out so the seat can be zipped into the buggys layback zip system.. the new ones the frame stays on and there is a connector piece kinda like a hinge that fits on the bottom of the toddler seat frame then attaches to the side poles where the front bar usually goes.. clips in and out of the front position..

and as far as i can tell the double toddler seat one behind the other (like emmas picture), features are the same.. the toddler seat just clips into wee holes either side of the framework near the parcel tray, and the normal buggy seat gets sat up as normal.

Edited by mum2paris

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 9:53pm
I've just ordered ours in gray/black, it's being delivered in a couple of weeks, I am so excited it's ridiculous lol! After months of lugging cumbersome twin buggies and strollers around! And the best thing is I got an awesome deal on it, perks of the job and all
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 9:55pm
Oh you are so lucky getting a good deal on one! They are the price of a small car, but I love ours
Kayla Rose is now 4!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 10:02pm
I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Mum reckons I have rocks in my head and there's nothing wrong with the one I have. Altho she did admit that a front-back buggy would eliminate them pulling each others hair like Sienna was doing to Mercedes in the stroller today, and would reduce the risk of them being decapitated coz they hang their arms off the side when you're trying to squeeze thru a tight doorway.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 10:07pm
lol I can picture what they must look like
DH brought ours for a "well done" present while me and James were in hospital.
Kayla Rose is now 4!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 10:09pm
ha ha.. yeah now you'll just get the back one kicking the hell outta the front one's butt!.. ayja likes nothing better than to put her feet high up on the back of Paris in the front one.. and then push with all her might.

Edited by mum2paris

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 10:10pm
I can't even begin to imagine, Mercedes is definitely rougher but they seem to take it in turns bullying each other and Sienna has a real hair fetish!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>