FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 802>
Author
KateW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KateW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 4:09pm
SimSam and Kabe Im keen to but prob won't take the girls but atleast I will have extra hands to help you guy *+ goo and gaa allover your two* lol
~Our miracle IVF babies~

Sponsored Links

sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 4:10pm
I was thinking of going on Friday too. Maybe I'll see you there.
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 5:06pm
I love the photo of Eva asleep on Daddy So cute!!!

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 7:11pm
was thinking of going, DH has offered to babysit, but not sure yet. let me know if you are going and i might shoot down depending on how settled he is.
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 9:32pm
Where are the photos Kate W
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:40am
Have decided to go to the show this morning with my SIL. Will have my parents take Eva for a walk in the park and they can txt me if she needs a feed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 7:26pm
How did you find the show Kabe?
I was quite overwhelmed by all the stands. But I entered a bunch of competitions and got a lot of freebies and samples . It was a tiring afternoon though.
Mum to:
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 7:47pm
How many times are you guys getting up during the night to feed?

I'm finding that if I don't have a nap during the afternoon, Rex wants 3 feeds. If I do have a nap, he only wants 2 feeds...
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 10:16pm

Our night feeds are looking something like this at the moment - between 10-11, then again sometime between 2-3, then he wakes between 6-7 and normally goes back down pretty easily (this morning we went back to bed after he went down at 9am and we all slept until 11.30!!)

He is taking a long time to settle down and go to sleep after a feed, so thats a bit of a challenge...but getting the hang of it!

BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 10:25am
We have just had a few nights of 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours between feeds and no sleep throughout the day (except short cat naps on me) but last night (and usually) its 9:30 then 1:30 then 4:30 then 7;30 - 8:30 depeding on the size of the 4:30 feed
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 10:26am
Gosh, that sounds good Simsam! Wouldn't it be nice if Oliver let you sleep in to 11.30 every morning!

Our feeds are looking like this, between 10-11.30pm, 2-3am, 5-7.30am but then Rex won't go back down to sleep. He is generally up until 9.30-11 before he has another sleep (unless I give him a bath with me, and then he goes back down to bed after another feed). I'm thinking I might have to give him a bath every morning - but by that stage, I'm wide awake and very unlikely to go back to bed myself.

I'm wondering when the 2-3am feed is no longer required? I find this the hardest feed.
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 11:15am
Night time feeds for us are at 8pm, 12 and 4am roughly. If she wakes up earlier we just feed her.
Mum to:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 11:16am
Oh - we have only just graduated to 4 hourly feeds and she's bottle fed breast milk which also makes a difference as we can see how much she's getting
Mum to:
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 1:42pm
HI guys Sounds like you are all doing well Jessica is sleeping 8pm-9pm till 1am and then up again at 4am-5am wide awake which has been making the day very long when the other 2 are normally awake around 6am. I swear you never get used to sleep depvation(sp?) even after 3. im thinking im going to start waking jessica for a dream feed at 10pm-11pm and see how long she can go for after that. She is becoming so much more alert and loves siting in her bouncer watching her brother and sister. How do your little ones like the bath? jessica loves it and alaways falls asleep in it if only i could give her a bath every time she needs asleep. We have had a couple of smiles which has made it so much better when your having a bad day

Kalem 6!
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 2:13pm
Eva's night feeds are similiar to Rex's:
between 10-11.30pm, 2-3am, 5-7.30am

I've found that Eva is difficult to settle after the 2-3am feed and last night didn't settle until 4.30am. Had a very tired, cross mummy! I find it difficult to know what to do when she's unsettled after a feed, as she still looks hungry, but can't be. MW said a hungry baby and an overfull baby look the same, which I thought was interesting.

Went to the parent and child show yesterday. Had my mum take bubs for a walk around the park, while I went in. Found it quite interesting, but abit overwhelming with all the people and prams. Didn't end up buying anything but got lots of free samples.

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 3:35pm
sunnyhoney are you expressing breast milk and then feeding via bottle for all your feeds?

Why I ask is I am having huge breastfeeding issues and am expressing every feed, which is hard work but I am determined not to go to formula. I am seeing a lactation consultant on Monday to help me. I feel so guilty not being able to breastfeed, but feel I am doing my best by expressing and I have a great supply too!

Am I the only one having b/feeding issues or are there others in the same boat?
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 3:44pm
Sorry should have read the other posts before saying about my b/feeding issues!!

So glad to hear I am normal!
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 4:14pm
Hi Peachy, welcome to the 'other side' . Its totally normal to have breastfeeding issues with your first bubs I think...it took me almost 8 weeks to finally feel 'on top' of it all , but you get there, and when you do, its so worth the perseverence, so hang in there!

*lurker out*

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 4:33pm
Wow I finally make it to this thread. And it's sooooo nice to hear that so many of you are in the same boat as me.

I've had a bit of a horrible 24 hours - Blair had problems settling after his 2:30am feed this morning and in the end DH (who was still up playing on the puter) took him for a drive and sent me back to bed - at 5:30. Needless to say the little man was asleep by the time they got to the end of the driveway. Thank goodness he slept for nearly 4 1/2 hours afterwards. This combined with an unsettled period yesterday and another later ths morning bought the tears on (mine)as I just couldn't settle him and was feeling pretty inadequate. I know that this tough time will pass, and I just need to hang in there, but at the time it wasn't great. Thank goodness DH still has a couple of more days at home. I know I can do this. I survived 4 nights in hospital along with the days - and DH wasn't there 24/7 - and we only called upon the nurses a couple of times at night.

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 6:02pm
Oh man, I'm feeling so lucky right now - my boy is doing really well feeding and sleeping wise *touches wood* - but I know it can't last forever and I'm gonna get a shock when it changes!

DH goes back to work on Monday and I'm feeling nervous about that already - a second pair of hands is a godsend. We made all our trips and visits this week while the weather was great and we were both around. I admire those of you who have been out and about on your own as I don't think I'll be managing that for quite a while.

Edited by monster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 802>