FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked++Due July 2008++

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 168>
Author
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 6:56pm
Good luck ladies!! And stefany, my bubs was due 12th July this year, and FINALLY arrived on the 24th!! Hope yours is a bit closer to your EDD !

Sponsored Links

MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 9:11pm
Hi JennyMay, I'm in Invercargill too. I'm seeing Melanie Welfare and she is great. If you want to know anything about other midwives pm me, I'd be happy to help.
Kaelanismum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaelanismum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2007 at 2:21pm
Hi all

How is everyone doing? A bit of tiredness, sore boobs and the occasional wave of nausea here.

I guess I really should get onto the whole midwife thing too but I'm a bit torn as to what to do so might just share why with you guys and if anyone has an oppinion feel free to share it.

I was just going to use the midwife that we used 2 and a half years ago with my dd, I found her very nice and my husband and I both found her to be excellent at the birth. She has about 30 years of experience so she knows what she's doing.

However, my sil used that same one with her birth 2 years ago and then last year used her again and most unfortuately had a miscarraige. She was very unhappy with the midwife because she sent her for a scan where they found out the awful news and then she didn't really follow up any more with her.

She's now pregnant again and has a different midwife and is highly recommending this one.

I'm not quite sure what to do as I just feel like I already know the midwife I used last time and trust her but I get the feeling that if I use that one again my sil will be just waiting to say I told you so.

Confusing I know, sorry if that was a bit long and boring. I will be 6 weeks on Thursday and going for an early scan at the fertility clinic the following week so I'm getting excited now!
Lavina
Mum to 2 darling girls......

Kaelani Rose born 5/7/05
Eva Lily born 22/7/08
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 10:41am
Hi,
Just found out I am pregnant with our first also... only got the BFP last week! This was only our second month of trying, so pleased it happened so soon. EDD is 23rd July. We have told no-one, so doesn't feel real yet (except for sore boobs and feeling yuck!) :-)
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 4:33pm
Hey Girls
I am hoping to join you here after I get my BFP confirmed at the Drs tomorrow Im excited but very scared after missed mc back in July I think i will be 4 weeks tomorrow so still early days yet
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaelanismum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 10:54pm
Congratulations and welcome Blondy and Kye!
Lavina

Kaelani Rose born 5/7/05
Eva Lily born 22/7/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 2:14pm
Hey all,
Have been too nervous to post in this thread up until now, but had a scan this morning and saw one little bean with one little heartbeat measuring bang on for dates so fingers crossed for a sticky wee Iggle Piggle. 6 weeks exactly today, due around 17 July.

This pregnancy is already kicking my butt, I have been throwing up in the morning for the past week and feeling nauseous all day, and this morning I spewed up in the carpark at Dressmart in front of a whole heap of people, man I felt like an idiot! So I guess that means that the morning sickness is going to suck this time around too. Here's hoping I avoid ending up in hospital for rehydration again!

Have texted my midwife, she's going to call later today but am thinking I probably won't need to see her till after Xmas as she delivered all three of my girls and there's not really much else she can do till I'm a bit further on anyway, altho I might pop in and see her with the gremlins to say hello.

Congrats to all the other due in July mums, it seems funny posting here when it's not that long ago that I was a due in Oct '06 mummy! Our Oct '06 group rocks, and 13 months on we all still keep in touch, so here's hoping the July '08 one is just as cool!

Kaelanismum - go with your gut instinct with choosing a midwife, what is right for SIL might not neccessarily be what's right for you, and if you were happy with your last midwife then go with her. I put up with an OB I didn't like much just to be able to keep the midwife I wanted when I was preg with the gremlins coz she'd been so awesome when I had Maya, and she was one of the first people I texted when we found out our surprise Iggle Piggle was on the way coz she is so awesome. Yet friends have used her and found her just 'ok'. We obviously just 'gel'.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 2:28pm
*lurking*  OMG Maya- big congrats! That's great news!!  Sorry about the MS tho.

spicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 7:17pm

hi guys, i just found out today that i am pregnant. EDD is 24th July. Not going to tell anyone at all. Early stages and all.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 7:23pm
Congrats Spicey!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:30pm
congrats spicy an d maya i went to the dr today am due around 24th-29th july so early days but the drs going to give me weekly blood tests for hcg levels which makes me feel alot confident after my mc. hows everyone else going?
[/url]
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 10:34pm
Congratulations spicey, maya and kye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaelanismum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 11:18pm
Congratulations Maya and spicey. Thanks for the advice Maya I think you just confirmed what I am thinking.

I worked my edd to be 18th July so we are very close Maya!
Lavina

Kaelani Rose born 5/7/05
Eva Lily born 22/7/08
kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 6:26am
Big congratulations to all the new July Mums-To-Be!!!! Its been a week now since we got the BFP so I'm adjusting quite well, only had one melt down recently but DH has been really good so we are just getting on with things now and hoping things progress well with the bubba.

I am feeling tired but that could just be the emotional overload, no sickness but its a bit early for that I think, I am well off my food though and forcing myself to eat - which is sooooooooooooooo not like me!!!! Infact I usually stress eat, I'm the only person I know that didnt lose weight before my wedding

Dont get me started on the sore b00bies though, I have to carry them to the bathroom in the mornings!!!!

We havent told anyone yet, living in the UK its easy to keep the secret, I think we are going to tell the parents at Christmas when we are about 10/11 weeks and fairly sure all is well, something along the lines of 'Oh Mum we have another pressie for you but it wont be delivered (boom boom) until July' or something like that anyway!!!! She'll be mad we kept it a secret but DH is adamant wants to be sure all is well.

Kaelanismum - I think you should go with your instincts regarding your midwife, I feel bad your SIL had a sad experience like that but there may have been a reason for the midwife not keeping in touch, its important you have confidence in your midwife and a good rapport and it sounds like you already have that built in with this one.

I'm in the UK and dont even get to select my own midwife, just get assigned to the one that works from my Drs surgery.

You'll love this, I dont even get to see a Dr until I'm 9 weeks!!!! When I rang for an appt and said I got a positive HPT they booked me an appt for Dec 18th to see the midwife!!!!!!!!!

But the did arrange for me to book my scan also for 12 weeks so that is schedule for Jan 3rd. Seems so odd to have a scan booked and no medical professional has even seen me to confirm I'm actually up the duff!!!!!

Fun and games ahead me thinks!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 10:14am
Morning all! How are the other July mums-to-be this morning? Better than me I hope! I am feeling crook as a dog, and not looking forward to weeks on end of this, altho it usually eases off about 14-16 weeks or so. Trying to focus on the wee bean growing and not on the sickness.
I spoke to my midwife, she is brilliant as usual, and she's booking me in to see her at around 10 weeks, I'm off to Australia for Xmas on the 19 Dec which will muck up my NT scan, but I'll have a scan done just before I go and if bubs is too small to get the NT measurement I will arrange one in Sydney while I am away. I had to do that with the gremlins as I was over there and needed a growth scan, and it is bloody expensive!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 10:15am
Kaelanismum - yep, our EDD's are pretty close! Was Kaelani early or late? Maya was born at 38 weeks after spontaneous labour and the gremlins were born at 36 weeks after an induced labour, so will be interesting to see how this one goes. I used to think I wanted to be induced at 38 weeks regardless coz Maya was big for gestation and the placenta functions less well after 40 weeks, but now I'm thinking I might just wait and see what happens. This is definitely our last baby so I want to relax and enjoy the pregnancy as much as I can instead of stressing like I did with the gremlins!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 10:53am
Hi all,
Well I'm still feeling yuck, but it comes and goes, so some days better than others! Doctor says I'm officially due 21st July, but as my cycles were quite long, wont really know till after the scan in a couple of weeks... Also wondering (as someone totally new to all of this) can anyone recommend a midwife in West Auckland? (have a long list but would be nice not just to pick one randomly!) My friends with kiddiewinkles are all around central Auckland, and besides, it's hard to ask people when you haven't told anyone! Hope everyone else is doing ok?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 11:00am
Blondy - a couple of friends have used The Midwives in Green Bay, and highly recommend them. I choose to travel over to Glen Innes to see mine but that's coz I'm a nutter and she's put up with me thru both my last pregnancies
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 11:05am
Hi Maya, Thanks for that - I guess I hadn't considered traversing the rest of Auckland! Because I work in South Auckland, I guess I need to find someone (available of course), somewhat en route with my commuting! Will look them up!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 11:10am
The other thing to consider if you go with someone out of your area is whether or not they can do your postnatal care, or whether they'll contract it out to someone closer to you. I am right on the border of where my midwife will travel to for home visits, otherwise I'd either have to take baby to her, or she'd contract out a postnatal midwife.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 168>