FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorried

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worried
    Posted: 04 April 2008 at 9:00am
Of course everything is worse at 3am, but was having a bit of a panic while I was sitting there feeding and thinking.

We have 2 tins of Neocate left (not quite a week I dont think) and am still waiting to hear about whether we have to see a paed. I rung the GP the other day and was told its just a waiting game... Not very helpful. Am going to ring back today to get them to ring and get me some emergency tins! Cos by the time they arrive I would probably have run out. I know I can get some more off my lovely friend, but dont want to rely on them too much. Every time I spill a little bit of powder or when Greer doesnt drink anywhere near the whole bottle I feel rather stressed

Also worried if we have to go see a paed they will want us to try something else first. I am hoping that a strong family history and obvious problems with my breast milk, and her great improvement on the Neocate will be enough.

So what do I do if we cant see a paed for a few weeks, then the # takes a while to come through? There are no private paeds in our DHB, so can I go to a private one in Welly or something? Argh!

Edited by aimeejoy
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 9:19am
Ring 0800 Neocate. Kawwww got two free tins and then a loan system until she sees the paed. I think all they had to do was confirm it with her gp and they deliver the tins to the docs and not straight to her.

Otherwise yes I don't see why you couldn't see someone privately in Wellington. We went private and I didn't even get a referal and they never asked for one.

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 10:24am
OMG! Just got a paed appointment in the mail, but wait for it... on the 9th JULY!!

HAve rung and spoken to the practice nurse, who will speak with the GP when she comes in this arvo. She looked on the computer and there was a number there but she wsnt sure if it was THE number, so it may be that it got signed off and the July appt is a follow up, which would be great but I'm not holding my breath.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 10:25am
And I rang Nutricia yesterday and got told if we get really stuck the doc can get one tin sent to them, for me. Nothing about two tins or the loan thing... And I think me and KA spoke to the same person.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 12:08pm
oh hugs Aimee. I remeber how stressed and anxious I was when this was happening to us,..and to Andie too. Its horrible worrying about evry scoop, and what will happen if it doesnt get sorted. Surely any Paed would sign of the form beacuse of history, and the symptoms poor wee Greer has already had herslef. Really hope its gets sorted soon.
In the end I camped at the GP office and didnt leave until they had been on the ph to the special authority approval place ( lol cant remeber the real name), and to nutiricia to get tins couriered out. Maybe if they ring it will have more clout and they might be more helpful?
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 5:07pm
Argh! Phoned to see if I can get an earlier appt and the next one is 22 April - 2.5 weeks away. The lady I spoke to at Nutricia said it can take a few weeks to get SA# after seeing paed as well. SO now looking for a private paed in Welly, as none of the Palmy ones do private.

Kellz - thanks for your pm. Will seriously think about it if we get desperate.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 7:31pm
Aimee I have 3 tins here that I'm keeping for bub, they'll be in the post to you tomorrow with the rest of the care package I've been putting together, sorry it took so long, was waiting on the last bits and pieces to arrive here.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 10:22pm

OK so the OhBaby black market is one well-oiled machine when need be!!  The worst case scenario won't happen because at the most I'm 40mins away and you wouldn't completely run out before making sure you had some more anyway.  Take a deep breath - and nah, I won't try to make light of it because it's a rediculous system you have to go through just to get the one and only source of nutrition for your baby - rediculous.  A Chemist told me that a SA# can be applied for urgently via fax if need be, and should have it that day or the next - so while yes, I waited weeks for ours and tore my hair out each day, what I learnt from that was not to take 'no' for an answer and ring them and NAG, because you might find out after a week of hearing nothing that the form has just sat on someone's desk that whole time.  Nag and plead desperation, girl!  Also, try not to be too receptive to the 'lets try something else first' idea if that's what's pitched to you - you've got blimmin good reason not to, especially for a bub Greer's age.  If you're not feeling up to getting stroppy invite me along to the appointment! 

Andie
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 1:51pm
Thanks for that Andie, will try and sort something out on Monday and nag Daniel to come with me

Emma - thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Its times like these that I really really love OB, but I guess what goes around and all that...
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 8:07pm
It sure does, I'm sure in a few months if I need formula for this wee babe I'll know where to go

And I agree with Andie, push push push! My normally very mild mannered GP got a wee bit stroppy with the SA people about getting Mercedes one thru and all of a sudden it was there. When you're talking about a baby a few weeks old there is no room for mucking around.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply