FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedzZzZz ... (VERY long ramble !!!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zZzZz ... (VERY long ramble !!!)
    Posted: 25 February 2006 at 8:17pm
I didn't know what else to title this post with, as right now I am feeling SO tired ! Had a good nights sleep, and am thrilled to have a proper weekend (sat/sun) for once without having to work one of the two days...

Have been having bigger problems with back pain / stiffness though, laid down to read a book for a bit this avo, and when I got up had to roll over to get out of the bed but then shuffle down the hallway - hubby was worried as I was heading towards the lounge and having to use the walls for support.

I brought this up along with the pelvic muscle / pubic bone pain at my visit with my midwife on Thursday, and she said to try things like a hot water bottle or wheat pack, but half the problem with my sleep troubles is that it's too hot ! And sorry if this is TMI, but I already sleep with nothing on, and always end up throwing the blankets off by morning.

As for the visit overall, not that she's a bad midwife, or was mean or rude or nasty or anything, but the whole visit left me very unexcited if you will... in a nutshell, it was "blah blah blah, bloods are normal, blah blah blah, heart rate normal, size normal, blah blah blah... oh? back pain? blah blah blah, its normal, blah blah blah, oh? can't sleep? put something hot on it blah blah blah, we just have to grin and bear it blah blah blah blah blah... if we have to we'll refer you somewhere... blah blah blah blah its all normal..."

I tell you, I got *so* sick of hearing the word normal !! I know we go through all these bizarre and uncomfortable things when we're pregnant, and some ladies have far worse issues... and so I feel terrible for this part of me that is actually getting a bit angry with things

I guess you could also say that the pregnancy itself has lost a bit of the 'gloss', which perhaps only shows my impatience? I'm not unhappy or angry to be having a baby, and I'm still excited that there will be a brand new little boy or girl that is all our own in three and a half months time... but I'm sick and tired of being, well, tired ! RAAAAAAAAAAAAWR !!!

*takes a few deep breaths*

The upside of seeing my midwife this month I suppose, was that she did give me a referral for another scan - but it took a bit of pushing. Again not that she was nasty about it, but very anti any "extra" scans. I also discovered that there are no other routine scans past 20 weeks !! I truly did not know that before, which is why I breathed a quiet sigh of relief when she finally caved in and gave me the referral form (although we would have happily paid for another one in full). Hopefully bubs isn't shy this time, although the main issue we will really be looking at is if there is going to be any development problems with the kidneys.

I had another baby related dream last night, which was basically that I had a baby boy (!!!!!!), but he was *HUGE* and his head was out of proportion... but that the birth still only took three hours or something and was entirely natural... I even remember it right down to the fact that I tore because his shoulders were so wide, but otherwise no issues. I was shocked because I was expecting a girl, so not sure what that actually means LOL The last baby / birth related dream I had was that I was having a wee girl, and she presented breech, but as with the latest dream delivered just fine - which left me feeling a bit shocked again as I know how few babies that present breech are actually delivered naturally and without complication.

With the sleep / energy level thing, my midwife did seem to agree that maybe taking vitamins again would help a little, although I'm not anemic or anything - so when we were out househunting I bought some more elevit. Was going to get the big pack, but the 30 tablet packs were on special, so buying three of those was cheaper than getting the 100 tablet pack.

I can't remember though, if I ever mentioned here that I was starting to occasionally feel really sick again - but of course mostly when I'm tired which is a pain LOL I think though that it has more to do with baby squashing everything up, except the midwife said it wasn't really at that stage yet where my stomach is really squashed !? I dunno. I'm up to just over 80kg though, so the weight gain has definitely picked up !! Roland and I have both decided that we're going to try and reform our diets anyway, even though I suppose you're not supposed to worry too much about weight gain during prengnancy. I don't think less McD's is going to hurt the baby somehow LOL and luckily I'm still dead keen on lots of fresh fruit.

As for the househunting that I mentioned before, we had three places on our list for today, two on the north shore and one in Otahuhu (which isn't all that far from where we are now). We got all the way to Glenfield only to discover the open home for the first house was cancelled ! Not good. Went back home for a bit, then out to the house in Otahuhu which was good... had a nice backyard, an old style house and smaller kitchen than we would like, but lots of space in the master bedroom and plenty of character. There would be some touching up to do, but nothing major, painting isn't as huge as having to knock a wall out or something LOL We then went over the shore *again* for a house in Beach Haven, but it was an almost immediate "no way!" for both of us - on a decent bit of land (quarter acre apparently), but the house was narrow inside, the rooms were small, and the place overall was absolutely FILTHY. It would have taken *alot* of work to make it look even relatively nice, and we're simply not looking for that right now (esp. not with bubs on the way). We're not sure if we're going to do as many houses tomorrow, although the agent from the last house I was describing said there was a much nicer one (she did warn us before we went inside the icky house) at a different address, and she could take us through it in the morning if we wanted. It apparently has a 'modern' kitchen, is run on gas, spacious lounge and big rooms, I think three bedrooms and two and a half bath? Parking for just one car, but we only have one car anyway :P Sounds good, but if it doesn't turn out as good as it sounds we might reconsider the north shore altogether despite the fact that it would make commuting to work far easier for hubby (since I'm in the city it doesn't matter *too* much for me).

And last but not least... IF any of you are still with me so far !! ... actually, wait. I might put a wee warning up first, I'm going to finish off with *another* whinge about my housemate, so you can skip it if you want !!

Again it's really just little things with her, but there are *so* many of them, and they really just pile up and grate on my nerves heaps. We've been finding the bathroom and toilet lights on a lot when nobody is using them, and this is during daylight hours... which baffles us completely - plus she never uses the fan in the bathroom after a shower, and so I'm always having to switch it on myself if I want / need to use the mirror in there (and yes, we should have one for our bedroom, but there isn't any space right now). I won't tell you about all the nasty things I found the last time I cleaned out the fridge, but my current peeve is that there is *RAW* mince in there right now that has been there for two days on a plate, and covered with just a bit of gladwrap I *HATE* having to ask her to chuck stuff out, or put her dishes in the dishwasher, or throw things out I know she's not going to eat !!!!! With the raw meat though, that really makes me sick. I'm paranoid about my food getting contaminated from some of the cr*p she leaves in there. So as you can imagine, our kitchen and fridge are pretty damn tidy, but tonight when we were cooking our spaghetti and I went to put something in the bin - there was a rinsed out and perfectly recyclable can in there with everything else - and I *know* she *knows* that they can go in the blue bin !!! ~headdesk~ Occasionally plates and stuff make it into the dishwasher (*if* they make it out of her room !!)... but largely they sit on the counter and congeal, ick. Which is why half the stuff that's meant to be clean still isn't clean when I go to unpack a fresh load *sigh*

Ok ok so there *is* actually an upside to this - she leaves in three weeks !! Finishes her job on March 10th I think, and is due to be officially gone from here by the 18th at the latest. I can't wait to have our own space back !! (Not looking forward to scraping bird crap off the floor though... LONG story involving the two parrots she keeps.)

I could probably go on, and on, and on like a broken record - but I won't ! Promise !

*finally* Over and out !

Jax
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Sponsored Links

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 8:46pm
Hey Jax, glad the flattie is moving out soon - why cant she clean up her own bird poo??! I think it is totally understandable (not going to use the 'n' word!) to get fed up being pregnant, and hopefully your tiredness will pass soon and you will begin to enjoy being preggy. Can you feel bubs kicking yet? That makes it all pretty exciting again. Anyway, hope you have a lovely weekend off, rest heaps and relax.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 8:46pm
Have many a response but can only remember the last reaction as it made all others pale in comparison!

She's still living in your house?!?!?!?!? I'd have kicked her out long ago!!!!!!!!!! And has not made any effort to clean up her act. Grrrrrr. And parrots?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? Anyway... enough exclamation marks.

Would love to help you with the sore back thing but have no ideas.... oooooooo actually..... I was given some 'Lavender Massage Wax' for a preggo pressie and made my mum massage my lower back when it was really sore. It was lovely (until she got bored!)

Hrmmmm... but maybe that's not your problem. Well I hope you find a solution soon so that you can wait out the next 3.5 months in *relative* ease
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 8:53pm
YOu poor thing, it sounds like you are having a really rough time.   Big hugs and hope you fell happier soon.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 8:54pm
Would say to relax, its not long now, but also was pregnant recently enough to remember how much that made me want to strangle the person speaking, so all I can asy, is I remember the pain and sympathise
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 9:26pm
*chuckles* Ah ladies, I don't know what I'd do without you - seriously !!

Yes, she is still living here, but as you now know - not for long !! It really came down to the fact that while I'm *not* the type to shy away from confrontation, I absolutely hate starting it - and was worried that it would create more stress / guilt if I kicked her out with no warning.

And you're right, she should clean up the birds' mess herself, but I just *know* it won't be clean enough for my liking (ideally it would be disinfected from top to bottom). The house may not even be standing for that long once we've left, a developer bought it since it's on such a big section, and could just decide to flatten the lot and subdivide with new places.

I guess I simply fail to understand why she just doesn't *THINK*, or how things as simple as not leaving raw uncovered meat in the fridge is *BAD* don't occur to her ~sigh~ Sometimes it is Roland that I am more worried about going off his nut at something she might do, he's not generally ill-tempered - but her habits probably niggle him even more than they do me.

Aimeejoy - it might just be my preggy brain, but the 'n' word ?? I couldn't figure out what you meant LOL And yes, I can feel bubs kicking plenty now - do you reckon it's too early for him / her to be kicking me hard in the ribs ? Surely my muscles aren't spontaneously contracting that hard and for such a short time all that often - I reckon the brat is getting in some early footy or rugby practice sometimes. I think I gave one of the blokes at work a fright the other day when I had to exclaim a bit at bubs deciding to do a wee jig Again it's not that I'm unhappy, but being tired all the time SUCKS *lol* Man, I whinge heaps don't I? (And yes, I realise all you ladies have been or are currently going through this too !! That's why I love it here !!)

As for massage, we're looking at getting me one of the 6-massage packages from Bella Mama, and have even managed to factor it into our 'baby gear budget' - I just have to decide how I want to space them out and when the first one should be. That should definitely help things overall, although I still find it really bizarre that my back will still just lock up when I've only been lying down for a little while.

Wow - looks like I've got a bad case of verbal diahorrhea tonight !

fairsk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairsk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 9:46pm
You're allowed to whinge on here that is what we are all here for so winge away Jax. I hope it all gets better for you soon.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 10:02am
N=normal!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 3:44pm
Oh ! Well color me stupid LMAO or we could just blame it on the baby-brain

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2006 at 7:43pm
Don't worry Jax... I missed the whole N-word thing too
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 9:47am
Sorry!! Just didnt want to say normal again after you said you were sick of hearing it!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 10:38am
It all sounds completely *normal* to me...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply