FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDying hair while pregnant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:37am
Yeh i tend to think its an old wives tale lol
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:25pm
Robyn - I can so relate to you worrying about the cleft - when I was preg with Maya I would grit my teeth and force a bowl of cereal and milk down every morning (most mornings threw it straight back up again) coz I figured it was good for the baby. Then when we found out Maya had a dairy allergy I started blaming myself for having milk every morning... completely irrational, but hey, that's being a Mum!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:56pm
I think that we will always worry about what our actions or inactions whilst pregnant can/could have done. I freak out about getting boozed on at least two occasions before I found out I was pregnant. I worry that my smoking in early pregnancy may have damaged my baby's lungs. I worry that I've eaten something wrong, that my craving for peanut butter will mean that baby has a peanut allergy.
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 1:14pm
Darn, was still going but got kicked out by my server!! What I wanted to finish by saying was - We all have our worries. But we can choose to let them take over during pregnancy or we can choose to be sensible and trust ourselves enough to know we will make the right decisions.    I think it's hard enough as it is without beating up on ourselves for every little "what if".
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 7:08pm
OMG! That is sooooo good to hear that you are allowed to dye your hair. I thought people wouldn't touch you if you were pregnant in case it made your hair go a funny colour because of your hormones. Woohoo! I'm going to organise to get mine done then! Pronto! Thanks guys!

BibiK217116 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BibiK217116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2016 at 7:49am
I've read that it is recommended to avoid hair dying before a second trimester. And of course it is better to you natural and organic products.
Debbie268550 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie268550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2021 at 3:39pm
Oh my god, I'm so sorry! There's no feeling worse than feeling your hair starts falling off as a woman. You definitely need more supplements in your life.

Sorry for chiming in to this thread so late, but I used to dread taking showers all the time. Now I don't mind.

This is my story and some of my best advice which I hope is going to be of much help.

I'm a woman in her 50's and I didn't give much thought to my sprouting gray hairs and my hair loss in my 30's during my first pregnancy because they were virtually undetectable; however, as my patch turned into a streak, I began to question whether or not I should address them although it was the last thing I wanted to do...

Should I color them? Should I stick to natural hairstyles where they'd go unnoticed? I was really on the fence, yet I didn't feel particularly rushed to conceal my grays...

I'm glad there are finally solutions out there for doing something about it that actually work!

This is a daily hair growth supplement that quite quickly helped me and my bestie to improve our hair and stop our hair loss with a few important but natural ingredients.

It wasn't until we found it we were able to make our hair stop falling off as fast although it doesn't stop completely!

I finally feel a lot more confident in my hair!

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey, sis.

Hope my advice was of help to you <3

Debbie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12