FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**HELP** any tips for morning sickness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SharonG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharonG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **HELP** any tips for morning sickness
    Posted: 07 January 2009 at 1:39pm
Im now 7 weeks 3days and Im over the sickness!! Its lasting alllllllll day and alllllllo night Ive tried all the ginger thing, I am even wearing sea bands, tried plain crackers nothing is working!!!!!
Please help....any tips?
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 1:44pm
Go to the docs and ask about anti nausea meds if its nasty. There are safe meds they can prescribe.

Otherwise morningmed relief by naturopharm works a little.

Other than that I just eat small meals and often. Like breakfast. half my lunch at 11, the other half at 1 and then dinner fairly early with a snack later on

Edited by kebakat
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 1:45pm
Sorry hun no great advice here Just wanted to say I feel your pain. Multiple births alaways come with the WORST ms some days I was running to the toilet up to 5x a day!! Its not a nice feeling. This probably doesn't help much but I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to deal with it early on so would drink HUGE amounts of water all morning beacuse it was the easiest thing to bring up

I do hope someone on this site has some good advice for you. Hang in there chic. The good thing about you feeling horrible is thats usually a really good sign bubbas doing well. My LMC told me the worse you feel the better bubs is doing And who knows mayby it means double trouble lol!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
SharonG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharonG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 1:51pm
Thanks, im trying to eat but even putting food in my mouth makes me feel sick!!! and driniking hahaha I guess im gonna have to deal with it until then Im housebound!!!!
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 1:53pm
Is there any history of twins in your family??

MC April 2010
SharonG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharonG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 1:55pm
not on my side but on my husbands, I think his nana has twin brothers and his cousin has twins
Danaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 2:03pm
oooo, will be watching to find out how many! (just teasing).

What about fruit smoothies with ginger? I found the smoothies from Tank (If you have Tank where you are) where great for settling my stomach.

Aside from that chick, I'm sorry to say that you might just be stuck with it for a while. The funny thing is, my ms stopped for a while and I freaked out! Feeling sick becomes strangely reassuring.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 2:11pm
Haha fantatsic! Mayby we'll be seeing you in the twins or triplets thread soon lol! Although I think twins normally run on the Mums side. However I'm not one to talk as theres no history of it in my family exect some how my sister and I both ended up with twins

Anyhoo good luck with the ms hopefull it will get better soon. Oh I just remembered I used to stock up on Frujus in the freezer I found anything icy cold helped plus who doesn't love pigging out on frujus haha!

MC April 2010
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 2:23pm
And fizzy drink can sometimes help... I had sipped on tonic and lime a lot, but sweeter drinks might work too if you're not tonic-inclined.
Andie
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 2:37pm
I read a good tip somewhere (probably on here) to drink a huge glass of water in the morning. It will either make you feel a bit better OR it will at least give you something to bring up when you're being sick. Dry crackers didn't really work for me either, I ate LOADS of green apples in my first trimester and they really helped IF I ate them before I got too hungry or felt too

Once I felt rotten I generally stuck to hot boiled water (exciting eh) and cornflakes with ICY cold milk. Oh and ginger beer was good too - with lots of ice And I second the iceblock suggestion, I ended up buying moulds and making my own as I was eating about 4 a day at one point!

Good luck, feeling like sh*te is no fun. But it WILL pass! And, yeah, when you stop feeling sick you will freak out LOL (but it's OK!)
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 3:29pm
Oh you poor chicky! I HATED that part of pregnancy, it's worse than the actual birth!

I too ate millions of green apples. I drank a glass of watered down orange juice 30mins before I got up then vomited in the shower everymorning. Once I sorta got that juice drinking/shower vomit routine going I felt a teeny bit better.

Apples and ice blocks were my staple diet for a few weeks. And lots of sleep.

Just eat whatever you can as often as you can.

Tinned peaches are nice too, although I could only handle half a piece at a time.

I think lots of ice and also icey-cold things are good in this weather
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 5:13pm
I had that with my first baby(was definitly only one of him!)

I tried everyhting aswell! So i feel your pain, it sucks! There is a spray you can get from the chemist or health shop called MorningMed spay from that naturo pharm and Ive found it has kept my nausea at baby this time, but thsi time my MS isnt as bad...but it could be worth a shot. I find it takes the edge off enough to eat something.

Muzzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muzzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 9:51pm
I can totally sympathise with you, I had terrible HG with my son born 2007.

I remember the Dr and MW giving me cut off dates for when it might end, but I was usually sick 3 or more times EVERYDAY!

My teeth feared the worst the acid damage in all 4 rear teeth was terrible and needed fixing soon after baby was born.

I agree, if you cant eat, drink, then at least when you are sick your not reaching and choking on nothing.

there are also hydrolyte popsicles avail at the chemists now, and they are fine to suck on unless you have a sodium inbalance. But they make you feel so much better and have all of the electrolytes in them.

Hopefully your m/s will subside, I am 23 weeks into my 2nd preg and I was only sick for the 1st tri this time...so at least the Dr is right when they say every preg is different, cause they sure werent on the money with their guesses of when the m/s would go with my 1st....I was still vomiting 2 hours post birth   but then after that it was all over.

good luck with yours hope you feel better soon.
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:38am
to you hun. I know how horrible it is. I had it for most of my pregnancy!

Nothing really worked for me to take it away completely but the following helped a bit.

Chocolate and sweet things
Popcorn (plain) - to soak up all the acidic juices in your stomach. I would even keep some by my bed for when I woke up feeling seedy in the night
Gnger beer for a while

I also went through stages where something would work for part of the pregnancy but not others.

Hope it eases for you soon

Edited by Star

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:53am
This time I havr found chocolate milk has helped me feel better, it lines my tummy a bt and takes away that griping awul feeling.

With my son, salty and sour things helped, but this time that stuff makes me worse, this time I want anything thats sweet! Like..the choc milk, and cream buns...umm oh peanut butter on crackers also helps, my MW told me that peanut butter helpes ease that feeling of wanting to throw up, anythign with protein is meant to be good for nausea!

MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Sheza Sheza wrote:

This time I havr found chocolate milk has helped me feel better, it lines my tummy a bt and takes away that griping awul feeling.

Ohhh I've found Strawberry Wave has gone down ok for the last coulple of days. I spent New Years in Hospital stuck on an IV line - and was also hospitalised about the same time with DS. I'm also hoping that this pregnancy is different, as despite being 12 weeks today, 20 weeks (which is when it stopped for me last time) still seems so far away)

I tried a whole lotta things last time - my poor DH cleaned out the fridge and found all these half fill bottles of all sorts of different things, as I would think I had dound something, and then - nope.

Icy cold stuff seems to help - if it's juice based, it seems to take some of the acidity away - well that's what I found with pineapple juice - but only the golden circle stuff. Oh and watch out for mixing stuff - ie one drink before dinner, and a different after dinner - not always a good idea

hang in there

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:31pm
Its funny how things work with a second pregnancy that wouldnt have on the first one.

This time anything sweet helps, musli bars, choc milk.....biscuits. With Caden is was salty and sour stuff, but this time the thought of salty and sour stuff makes me feel worse!

pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 1:09pm
I found eating every 2 hours helped. As well as ginger biscuits a little, lemonade and cheese an tomato sandwiches!

Hope you feel better soon or find something that works.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 8:31pm
The only way I found to deal with it is to eat what I can when I can. I also wore sea bands all the time and used a homeopathic spray that I found at the pharmacy called nausmed relief. And used rescue remedy to try and stay relaxed.
Smurfling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:36am
Hi, I've been feeling awful for about a fortnight now, could I be further along than I think I am??

Proud Mummy of Kaia (age 6), Ridley (age 5), and Charlie (age 14months).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>