FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOverweight and Pregnant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 9:47pm
thankyou:)

mel- i must be weird i dont like pregnancy..it's hard on my anxiety and hard with a toddler and uncomfy and scary!:) I'm counting down the weeks till the end..though i do like this bit with the kicks:)

:( to the being sick still:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 7:28pm
Not weird at all KA, I hate pregnancy too - nine months with your head down the toilet, an octopus sitting on your bladder and pushing up under your ribs so you can't breathe - what's to like I say!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 10:49pm
KA I hate beig pg, means to an end. Believe once i am pg and i know its a sticy bean I will be complaining and wishing it was over already.

I like ttc, 2nd trimester and holding bubs :)

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 6:36pm
phew glad its not just me....emma...3 times..I'm hating it so much more this time!:)just everything hurts more and different bits are sore and I was worried more (got over that) and it's harder on me cause of Ethan *blah blah poor me* :)

baby kicking now which is awesome and scan on friday which is also awesome:) !

dont get me wrong..I'm super grateful I am pregnant.. but wish there was another way to get a baby (so does DH he loves the TTC but not this part lol)
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 9:10pm
I second that KA I do love those flutters and kicks (except the old kung fu)... Just worked out its less than 3 months until we TTC again... best change me ticker...

zoeymil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoeymil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:43am
I was a bit on the heavy side (size 16)i got preggers , i was fit tho i'd been doing duathlons and biking , but had my wee girl was born at 28 weeks due to growth restrictions for her and i start to get pre eclampsia!!!! But i put on so much weight sitting with her is the hospital for 3months!!!!!!! I tried to get out for a walk everyday but it was n't fast it was just wandering round shops and the food in the hospital was just not healthy!!!! I'm struggling to lose it now nearly 9 months later , but definitly want to lose it before i try for another bub!!!!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 12:27pm
kate i just had pre PE and that was awful enough.. is she doing well now?

melnel I'm so going to be lurking the (counts) aug/sep) boards looking for you:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Imogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by kateef kateef wrote:

I was a bit on the heavy side (size 16)i got preggers , i was fit tho i'd been doing duathlons and biking , but had my wee girl was born at 28 weeks due to growth restrictions for her and i start to get pre eclampsia!!!! But i put on so much weight sitting with her is the hospital for 3months!!!!!!! I tried to get out for a walk everyday but it was n't fast it was just wandering round shops and the food in the hospital was just not healthy!!!! I'm struggling to lose it now nearly 9 months later , but definitly want to lose it before i try for another bub!!!!

I put on more weight sitting in the hospital everyday with DD for 12 weeks than I did while I was preggy. I sympathise with you.

Proud mummy to two beautiful little girls and a precious little boy <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:43pm
LOL KA, quick calcs will put me in sept if I get UTD first cycle. FX, I dont think I have even ovulated yet! A lot of wishful thinking and prayers going on here.

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by oOElleOo oOElleOo wrote:

That's bull that you can't hear the hb when your overweight.

I agree... had some spotting at 10 weeks 6 days and I went to my MW and although it took about 10 mins we heard the heartbeat. I also heard it again at 12 and 16 weeks.

Right now back to read the other two pages, I might add to this post yet lol.

Yup I'm editing.

I was a size 20 - 22 when I got pregnant. At 18 weeks I have put on 8kgs and running out of clothes to wear    The warehouse have capri tights so I am living in them at the moment because my sewing adventures didnt work out as well as I thought they would. I have started to walk every day again as I know I am putting on too much weight, I dont think its from what I am eating so much as not exercising so I am back into it as I want to still be able to move at 36 + weeks

Hey we might all live in different parts of the country but we can still support each other to get out and walk, a bit like the BD challenge but a walk challenge, what do you all think of that?

Oh and cant remember user name (preggy brain) but yeah the TWW did work but ended in chem but next cycle I got UTD

Edited by Tauris75

Angel March 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 5:35pm
Thats not a bad idea Tray. We could start on a certain day (say next monday) and then tally it up next month on the 28th.

I know I am not UTD right now, but does it count that I expect to be soon and have to push around 15kg's with me (baby and pram) although some of you have to do both!

I had put on 6kg by your stage hun and only put on another 10kg all up so not too bad. My OB was happy with my weight gain.

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 8:33pm
So is that tomorrow or are we putting it off for another week? lol

I'm sure with it being school hols I can fit in a walk somewhere there. I am starting to get a touch of constipation and I noticed when I was walking in the mornings before breakfast I got much more regular so might try that before anything medical.

Angel March 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 10:35pm
Well i am starting tomorrow, sooner i loose a bit the sooner i can join you all and be pg again!

Imogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 8:39am
Not sure what I am going to be able to in the way of exercise....sooo frustrating cause if I do too much (which is very little LOL) it aggravates my costochondritis and I spend the next week in agony. On a good note tho I weighed myself this morning and I am sitting at 95.2kgs! I was 92kgs at 12 weeks so I am pretty happy so far.

I have been walking as much as I can but since there are so many hills around our house I usually end up walking round and round the mall LOL. Might have to try swimming instead.
Proud mummy to two beautiful little girls and a precious little boy <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 8:44am
I swam imogen, it was great. Really helped when Jake was sitting on my sciatic nerve too!

Grrr at the rain, not sure what I am going to do now. I dont mind walking in the rain but I dont like to take Jake out in it. Might have to dig out a workout DVD.

I dont walk around my house because of the hills, LOL I drive somewhere flatter. I just cant push Jake up the hills my section scar hurts so bad the next day. dont think my tummy is strong enough to be pushing 20kg up a hill!

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 9:06am
sounds like a good idea.. I havent weighed myself..too scared..lol:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 11:14am
I was 90kg at my 16week OB appointment and my appointment last week - 20weeks I was 90.3kg so only 300 grams in 4 weeks so can't complain!
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 11:54am
Tastic congratulations on your wee girl!

Im so worried about getting pregnant and putting on heaps - really nervous about it!
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 12:26pm
booboo it might not happen..last time i only put on a few kg till the end..
Mum to two amazing boys!
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 12:55pm
Oooo fingers crossed then for me 4eyes! Hope so.

Funny thing is though - I eat crap and dont really think about the weight going on - well I do but it doesnt stop me from eating it!
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>