FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPixma Printer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pixma Printer
    Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:09am
My aunty is moving overseas and giving me her pixma printer - I am stoked - Just wondering if anyone has one and how much the ink is and how long it lasts? Is it actually cheaper to use one of these for ALL photo printing or just for convenience?
Sponsored Links

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 10:01pm
We have a Pixma multi-function printer - the cartridges are quite expensive, but they last a while if you're not using it all the time. I actually need to get mine replaced, so I'm going to try out Cartridge World to get them refilled, hopefully that will save me money.
I don't print photos all the time, but its good if I only want to print a couple, or print a half-page size photo. If you want to get quite a few done, its probably cheaper to go to a photo place (Harvey Norman is pretty good).
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:50pm
We have a Pixma here, and I scored a 2nd hand one in good condition for my mother. I normally use it for small batch jobs - like whitewave large amounts work out cheaper thru other places. I bought generic cartridges for ours - got 2 on clearance from the warehouse recently and saved heaps (paid about $5 each for them as opposed to $20+ each for them)

We hadn't used it for ages, and so hadn't bought ink for ages. I like the fact that if just one colour runs out then you just have to replace that one.

Oh and I love the software that came with it

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
 Post Reply Post Reply