FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUSA, Aussie, and UK TTC forums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USA, Aussie, and UK TTC forums
    Posted: 12 January 2010 at 10:27am
Can anyone tell me what websites are best for popularity that are based in USA and Aussie, and the UK? As the knowledge of these country's is a bit more superior to NZ sometimes, I would like to start reading those as well as our wonderful OB forum.
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by MaebeeBaby MaebeeBaby wrote:

the knowledge of these country's is a bit more superior to NZ sometimes.

This opinion is based on?

Many poor countries have an extroidinarily high rate of conception .. maybe they know something that these so called superior countries don't.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 12:03pm

Hi MB...

Here are three sites that i am a member of and get heaps of the latest info and research from, but haven't posted much on them... I just lurker 

Fertility Friends UK

Belly Belly Australia

Soul Cysters (for PCO's)

noisybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 1:49pm

Only problem too, is the info/services they have over there may not be available to us here. Is it not better to use the info we have in our own country?

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

Originally posted by MaebeeBaby MaebeeBaby wrote:

the knowledge of these country's is a bit more superior to NZ sometimes.

This opinion is based on?

Many poor countries have an extroidinarily high rate of conception .. maybe they know something that these so called superior countries don't.

I agree. Also I think there is such a thing as too much information when it comes to this stuff! So much of it is contradictory that it can leave you even more confused than before.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 2:53pm
i go to twoweekwait.com.. (US)

but yeah they have different tests but they have a lot of weird stuff they do too..and yeah in general i find NZ forums better.!
Mum to two amazing boys!
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 3:01pm
Twoweekwait is good for it's entertainment value. I would avoid American sites like the plague! The crazy women on there would say you were knocked up just because you sneezed loudly and you put your underwear on inside out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 8:09am
PMSL LittleSal!!! If only it was that easy aye?

Thanks to those who posted these links - I will go and have a read!

Edited by MaebeeBaby
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 11:16am
I visit http://www.babyandbump.com/ sometimes... also the soulcysters one shez mentioned... I don't see the harm in reading sites from here there and everywhere as long as ya know what to take seriously... if I read something on the net I usually search for actual research to back it up.... cos yeah like littlesal says there are some weird ideas out there...
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:12pm
My basic strategy is to disbelieve any 'facts' anyone on any forum puts forward until I've checked it out with a more reliable source. I've been surprised: I was laughing outright at someone on this forum who wrote that drinking any amount of alcohol decreased your chances of conception - until I found papers proving it! There are also plenty of wrong ideas and misinformation that float round most TTC forums.

Generally, I've found that NZers seem to be as clued up as people on other forums. I definitely like the atmosphere here better than some others. I love Americans... but American forums can be hard work!

Edited by Hopes

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:06pm
Some of the American ones are quite intense I have found and are a bit over the top. I just stick with good old NZ .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:10pm
Red, the OTT American's don't just apply to TTC websites I can promise you...

Hopes I agree - it certainly is one thing to read, but another to believe!

Edited by MaebeeBaby
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:30pm
I went to ukparentslounge for a while, cos i thought being English it might be nice to also go to an English forum, but OMG pretty much every thread turns into a bitch fest and mostly it was the same people causing it so I decided to just stay on here.

It might have some useful TTC stuff I'm not sure as I wasn't trying to get PG when I went on there so didn't really look in that bit of the site.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 7:11am
Seems to happen on every forum cuppatea - I just ignore them.

Whereabouts in the UK are you from? I am from Nuneaton. Been here quite some time though.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:17am
I'm from Kent, my mum is from witherly though, near Atherstone, so not far from where you were

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:26am
Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

I went to ukparentslounge for a while, cos i thought being English it might be nice to also go to an English forum, but OMG pretty much every thread turns into a bitch fest and mostly it was the same people causing it so I decided to just stay on here.

It might have some useful TTC stuff I'm not sure as I wasn't trying to get PG when I went on there so didn't really look in that bit of the site.

I ued to go to pregnancy.org, and OMG those women are nuts! I ended up leaving there cos they were all so childish and made arguments out of nothing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 1:27pm
Shezzey, thanks for the info about fertility friends UK - that is EXACTLY what I was looking for re information on TTC problems (not just conceiving, but staying pregnant). You are a legend once again my friend.
Rachel1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 6:37pm
I'm from Plymouth but have also been in NZ for ages :)
 Post Reply Post Reply