FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC after c-section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TTC after c-section
    Posted: 08 February 2010 at 1:08pm

Okay - it's WAY too early for me to even consider sex since my baby should't even be born yet but I'm curious.  Does anyone know if they recommend a certain minimum time after c-section before you start TTC?  We had always planned trying for number 2 sooner rather than later (since it took 3 years for this one) but I'm guessing the medical recommendation will be for a longer wait to ensure I'm healed properly.

Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 1:15pm
I fell pg with Elias nine months after my c-section, however I have seen advice (on here) that suggests one year.

And gosh .. TTCing was the last thing I was thinking about with a three week old .. at that stage I was never ever ever having another, so go you!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 1:26pm
I spoke to the Dr at around 6 months and she said it was fine to start trying cos you have the 9 months of pregnancy to add on to that as it's giving birth not stretching with pregnancy that is the issue. However she did ask about the circumstances around my c/s and how I had healed etc so probably good to have a chat with your doc.

I've also heard (or read) people on here that have been told a year before TTC

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 1:32pm
We were told a year between deliveries as a minimum, but my MW said 2 years is even better. We're planning on waiting til DS is 2 before we try for another anyway.
Lisa mummy to Ryan
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 2:30pm
I was told 12 months between deliveries, but that may be because I will only ever have c-sections (have had one crash, and one elective so far) so the stress of birthing isnt going to be an issue. We started TTCing when Jae was about 5 months old
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Laurz_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurz_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 8:16pm
I have been told by my midwife to wait a year before becoming pregnant, but then he went on to say that if I did get preggers before that it wouldnt be the end of the world its just that the longer you wait the better you wouldve healed, so less chance of a rupture. DH and I plan on TTC when DD is 1 so still got 7 months to wait.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 10:42pm
I fell pregnant with Isabella when Caden was 6 months old so that was 14 months between deliverys.
All went fine, just had to have an elective C section with Bella, Cadens was an emergency one.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 10:54pm
I was told to wait a least 12 months also.... the longer you have to heal to higher the chance of vbac or so my gynae says....

luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 11:10am

Thanks for all your replies.  It sounds like a year is the guideline, but I will speak to someone (GP? Ob?) about it in a bit more detail a bit later on.  I'm almost 38 and it took us 3 years to concieve little Kiara so I feel like I will need to keep things going if we're to have any more.  BUT my goodness, whilst I can think about it theoretically, there is no "action" planned in this house for a while longer.

Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2010 at 4:59pm
Good question, I have been wondering this too and for the same sort of reason as you, took us 18 months to conceive our boy so don't want to worry about contraceptives...am gonna be having an elective c sect anyway so I guess not worried about ruptures etc with vbac.

Oct 11
 Post Reply Post Reply