FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew and excited!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
n00b_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00b_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New and excited!
    Posted: 13 February 2010 at 8:32pm
Hi all,
Don't know where to begin, I feel at a loss as I feel I can't really talk about TTC with friends and family as it might take a while and I don't want extra pressure of everyone asking how it's going.

Right now it's hard to keep finding reasons why I'm refusing wine at social functions.

This is my first month trying - so I'm probably jumping the gun, but my DH and I were doing all we could for 10 straight days (lots of BD) - while ovulating (as far I could tell) so now I wait and see.

The hard thing is we flat, so we both want to find a place of our own (both for some more privacy, and in case we are pregnant!)
Also I'm thinking of going back to uni to further my career, has anyone going to uni with small child? I guess I just want it all, house, career and kids *sigh*

Anyway would love any advise. If you wanted any info on me I'm 27, have been off the pill for at least 3 years now and married 1 year (but dating the same guy for 10 years)

Can't wait to look through all the info on this website. Bring on the end of Feb so I can see if AF comes!

Good luck to all

n00b_mum

Edited by n00b_mum
Sponsored Links

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2010 at 9:30pm
hiya.. firstly welcome to ob!

Yeah for TTC! Its and exciting journey and I hope yours is short!

Plenty of women (though I am not one of them) mix study with children, in fact Uni's have creches so you can leave them there!

As for alcohol, thats purely personal choice but a few wines now and then in the 2ww wont do you or baby any harm really... as the baby isnt feeding off you yet

Good luck!!!!

Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2010 at 10:01pm

Welcome Noob.... COme and join us in the charting thread and maybe give charting a go.... we will help you along.   You only need a thermometer and sign up for free with Fertilityfriend.com.  Otherwise you can join the "waiting to ovulate" and 'the two week wait" thread.

tarns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 3:06pm
Hiya Noob and welcome I second Shezzey's offer...us charting girls are all very chatty and some are very knowledgeable (probably not me tho lol)...but we are all friendly and would love for you to join us.

There are a few around who combine bubs with study (not me - although I combined bubs with work!)

Hope your TTC journey is short
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 3:36pm
Study and kids is harder but very do-able.

With the drinking thing say you are on a health kick or say that someone said you couldn't go without a drink for a certain period of time lol. Little white lie but it works. I don't drink so I don't find that hard.
n00b_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00b_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 7:09am
Thanks for the support ladies.
Once I get to the middle of next week (and ether see one line or two) then I'll choose which thread to jump into.

It looks like if all goes well I'll be combining bubs with study and a bit of work (got to keep our income up some how)

This time next week I'll pee on a stick (I'm amazed I lasted this long, it's alll I've wanted to do for the last 3 weeks!) and see where I go from there!

ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 11:30pm
Exciting!!. I returned to fulltime study when my son turned one, am in my 3rd year of full time study..and have one more to go. Definitely doable..just sometimes hiccups occur..hmmm like DS getting chicken pox during my study and assessment week! lol. Study with a newborn/little bubs..is something I wonder about. Ummm you could always say you're on antibiotics (re avoiding alcohol).

Post Reply Post Reply