FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC While Overweight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 10:27pm
my BMI is 33....168.2cm tall, 93kg..my gnaecologist was not happy about this and its one of the reasons he wont let me go back on the pill (other ones being i forget to take them, and my body takes the hormones and stores them and makes my hormone levels excessively high).

my goal is to get down to low 80's, but im struggling TBH as i cant afford to go to a gym and my asthma kicks in as soon as i run, or my hip/knee problem rears its ugly head and bam, sciatica and crippling pain for a week and no more exercise can be done
Sponsored Links

mollymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 7:04am
mucky one- have you tried swimming or aqua jogging? being in the water would really help with the joint pain and movement. you don't have to run either a good walk can be just as good.
cruzychic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruzychic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:20am
Thanks for all your great responses girls, the aqua jogging is a really good idea mollymoo helped me lose alot last time.

Have started focussing on the weight loss already and using the wii fit everyday and going for walks so there will be nothing left of me in no time lol.

TTC since October 2009
Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:33am
Originally posted by linda linda wrote:

We'd been TTC for a year for our third child and had no luck. I then thought that I would lose some weight to see if that had any impact. I got pregnant when I'd lost 10kg's but MC but then got pregnant again on second cycle after the MC (with twins). Also, I was 41 so I also knew that that impacted on my chances of conceiving. So 12 months and no BFP's. Lost 10kg and get 2 positives within a matter of months of one another. Of course I'll never know if I hadn't lost the weight would I still have conceived. By losing the weight it did make me feel good so hmmm, who knows!

that is sooo good to hear! I've been ttc over a year so here's hoping losing some weight will have the same effect on me ... twins would be just lovely
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
cruzychic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruzychic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:41am
yeh twins would be great do they run in anyones family here? Ihave twins on both sides of mine

TTC since October 2009
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:51am
sadly none in either mine or DFs family... but they do say as ya get older ya have more chance of twins as you drop more eggs....
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
cruzychic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruzychic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:58am
yeh over the age of 35 i think they say you have more chance thats quite a few years away for me lol

TTC since October 2009
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:25am
My sister and I are doing our first aqua aerobics tonight

I'd love twins but they don't run in our family
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 4:35pm
I am about 40 kg overweight but have managed to get pregnant 2 times now. Although i have PCO and take Metformin it hasn't helped with weight loss like some say it does. I managed to get back down to pre-preg weight before getting preg again. Both times with the help of Clomid which induces ovulation.
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 5:01pm
mollymoo - yea ive tried it but its $3 for a single entry, $30 for 12 entries, $75 for 30 entries or $220 for 12 month no limit entries.. its still quite expensive, and id have to find a time that suits me 3-5x a week for best results.
or for $240 i can get 6 months of gym/swim...its something i would love to be able to afford but just cant out lay that all in one go.
god dunedin pools are dear
mollymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 5:06pm

muckyone- i got a pool key and a new pair of togs for xmas this year. goodness knows i needed both!  maybe you could get your family and extended to all put in for a year concession for you for your next bday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 5:15pm
my birthdays not till october and its my 21st...so i have no idea what they would get me...but thats a good idea, i could ask for that.
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 3:35pm
Hi ladies

Im not overweight as such I think my BMI is 24 but I have always wondered if losing weight would help with fertility? I have room to be probably 8 kg lighter and it not be unhealthy or anything.

Is it just when your BMI is at overweight or could it help when you could healthily be lighter than you are?

Hope that makes sense
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 3:09pm
In terms of your BMI, you don't want to be below the healthy limit as that can have significant effects of fertility as well. If you are in the healthy range, I'd focus more on healthy lifestyle than on weight per se, if that makes sense.
Mum to two wee boys
Brizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:14pm
Hi Ladies,

Just been reading all your posts. Great to hear some successes following losing the 10% goal. That's what I'm aiming for. Have lost 2kg so far, 7 to go! Not sure it will happen but will keep trying! I'm hoping that now my IUS is out and I'm hormone free, it may be a bit easier. Good luck to all
sbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 10:05am
hey ladies

Im so glad I stumbled on this thread! I am in a similar situation... Im a lot overweight, BMI about 45 and worry that my weight is affecting our chances... we have been TTC for almost a year but Im almost afraid to go to my doc for tests cos I KNOW they will say you need to loose weight...its not like I haven't been trying for the last 10 years!!!

It is a big relief to hear of other ladies getting BFP's while being a less than ideal weight...

I am loosing weight (most weeks), you know eating healthy and walking but just want it to be over already!!
Mandy269456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mandy269456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 8:14pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the weight you accumulated during pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck honey!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12