FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPamco Cots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yeahbabytoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahbabytoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pamco Cots
    Posted: 21 April 2010 at 2:59am
I bought a Pamco cot and one of the two boxes they delivered was wrong (they sent two sets of sides and no ends). To make things worse the cot was being sent to us overseas in a friend's shipping container. I had expressly asked them to check the order for this reason, but they still sent the wrong parts. Although Pamco agreed to refund our money (and we would return the goods in another container later in the year), TO DATE THEY HAVE NOT REFUNDED US (the error was discovered in early Feb). In the mean time we have had to buy another cot overseas. We've had to front up the cash for two cots due to Pamco's error. Bit disappointing.

Edited by yeahbabytoo
Sponsored Links

MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 7:16pm
Oh dear Have you tried asking questions on there auctions on trademe to get there attention and make it knowen to others what has happend. That isnt very good service from a buisness like that
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 7:59pm
That does seem to be a bit slack, we never had any issues with them and they were very prompt and getting back to us.

My question is, did you simply come on this forum to bad-mouth them or do you want advice? If you are wanting advice, you could try quoting the consumer guarantees act to them (you can find it online on the consumer site) - they have to meet their obligations under it.
NikkiCham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiCham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 4:30pm
Ha, had been meaning to add my story... paid cot & change table off per agreement then heard nothing... finally got hold of NEW owners of company who then took twice as long to get it to me as promised (and I had to track down contact number via telecom, no reply on contact details of website), was given a heap of excuses (wife sick, owner sick, new company, couriers fault, couriers have lost packages, etc...). Packages finally arrive and guess what?? Missing bolts for cot!! These took another month to sort (wife sick, on holiday so not answering phone, owner sick, couriers fault AGAIN) by which point baby was due in 2 weeks and husband was VERY VERY angry.

While I am happy with the product (well reasonably, it arrived with scratches but after it all it didn't seem worth arguing over), I would never recommend anyone deal with the new owners.

If they are offended by this, tough. They put us through 2 months of stress and weren't helpful or apologetic in the least, and when you are paying over $1000 you expect common courtesy and not to feel like you are being lied to. ("Its on an overnight courier" - package arrives with "standard post")

VENT VENT VENT...

Cariboo via Trademe however were excellent!! (Had to find a positve)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahbabytoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 4:22am
Thanks for your replies and advice. I'm looking into the Consumer Guarantees Act. It seems that its hard to enforce the Act though.

Emz, whenever I make a big purchase online, I look for reviews of the product on forums like this. So now that I have been stung I figure I should warn others how Pamco operates. It seems I'm not the only one who has been treated unfairly. As soon as Pamco make good on their error I will be quick to let everyone know.

I am sincerely sorry to hear of your experience Nikki.

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 4:40pm

This is interesting to read as we just bought a Pamco cot through their website last week. The communication was good - I asked a LOT of questions first - and they always answered them promptly and honestly.

The cot arrived at our place in akld when they said it would - which is pretty good considering some couriers classify our address as rural. However, the nuts & bolts, plus instructions were missing - rang the guy in chch and he has sent them up since.

So apart from the missing nut & bolts, the cot is great - very solid & looks great (soooo Important ). We are really happy with it & the service we received.

NikkiCham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiCham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 6:55pm
Well maybe they have improved, glad to hear it!!
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:50am

Yeah, what happened to you guys is/was terrible, but it sounds like their performance has improved - maybe you gave them the shake-up they needed? I hope they sort out the problems you have been having quickly & you get to just enjoy being mummies

Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 4:18pm
Friends of mine are happy with the product (cot and change table)...but also got sent some of the wrong bits and pieces and so had to courier stuff back too...

I agree - it is good to know both positives AND negatives about these sorts of places, so support the thread!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahbabytoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 10:35pm
Can anyone who has bought anything from Pamco Cots / Pamco Nursey Furniture tell me what company name they state on their receipts or invoices? They never sent me a receipt for our payment and it turns out that "Pamco Cots" (or anything similar) does not exist in the Companies Register. They are obviously some other company trading as Pamco Cots.

I still haven't received my refund. Just trying to get to the bottom of this mess.

Glad to hear others have had better experiences.
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 12:01pm
I had a quick look to see if I could find ours, but my hubby seems to have filed it away somewhere - I'll get him to fish it out tonight for you.

Sorry to hear your battle is still going on :-( Hope it all gets sorted out soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahbabytoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2010 at 11:57am
Thanks so much Sqoggs, but I am pleased to report I have finally received a cheque for the refund in the post.

After months of Pamco Cots not responding to my emails and not getting back to me as promised when I called, I lodged a claim with the Disputes Tribunal which ruled in my favour. While the paperwork for the ruling was being finalised (which is why I needed the correct company name), a cheque arrived from Shaun in the post.

To Pamco Cots' credit, Shaun Gilmore appologised in a letter he sent with the cheque.

I'm just glad its finally over. It has caused me a lot of stress and trouble. I wont ever be dealing with them again.

The upside is that I've learned a bit about the Consumer Guarantees Act and I've learned how the Disputes Tribunal operates. The people at the Ministry of Justice were very helpful.

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 2:10pm

So pleased to hear you got things sorted in the end, what a crap process to have to have gone through to achieve something that should have happened in the first place.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahbabytoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 4:08pm
I've been wondering how my experience might be useful for anyone reading this post. It would seem that Pamco products are actually okay and reasonably good value for money. I think the goods are even NZ made The problem is that customer service can be a bit slack, and their warehouse seems to be a bit disorganised.

Perhaps as an incentive for them to get your order right, agree to pay a deposit up front (even as much as 50%) plus the balance when all the product components arrive (and the thing has been successfully assembled). Even send two cheques, one for the deposit and one post-dated for the balance, allowing you time to cancel the second one it if they goods are not all there, or there is some other problem.

Just an idea. Its been nice chatting with you all. Thanks for the support. xx

NikkiCham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiCham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2010 at 7:47pm
Hey All,

I thought product was NZ made, and I think that at one point it was. But it definitely isn't anymore, from memory I think the boxes said it was Indonesia or some where in Asia
KathL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 3:47pm
Hi
We bought one of there cots and changing tables last year thru a lady in my office (she's a friend of theirs) and found the products to be excellent value for the money - good and sturdy unlike some of the ones in the baby shops. But I heard that the guys wife was diognosed with cancer about Xmas and had to go thru operations and chemo and stuff. We found the service to be fab so I wonder if there's more going on behind the scenes to cause the problem.
Their feedback on Trademe seems extremely good and we were very happy
SupaMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 1:11pm
Which Pamco cots did people buy?
I am looking at these at the moment on TM.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 2:58pm
The cheapest one I think lol, was about $300. I find it a lot more sturdy than the first one we had (a BF one that was $350, and my son ate it).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahbabytoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 6:06am
Unfortunately I can't comment on the one we ordered as we never got to fully assemble it (due to a warehouse error - long story!)

All the best choosing one that works for you. x
squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 10:59am

We bought a white one - sea breeze i think from memory? Its very sturdy & looks so cute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>