FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked’Loose Stools’ in late pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’Loose Stools’ in late pregnancy
    Posted: 01 July 2010 at 12:09pm
Sorry, this is kinda one of those 'TMI' topics =P
Just wondering how long it took to go into labour for those who ended up with 'loose stools' in late pregnancy? Apparently it's a sign that labour is very close. I never had it with my first but definitely getting it this time! (I'm 38 weeks at the moment)
Also, is it 'normal' for #2s to be really ..not nice smelling in late pregnancy? =/

Sponsored Links

Jelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 12:21pm
I started going more often at 38 / 39 weeks, and I went into labour naturally at 10 days overdue. C didn't look overcooked though, he was only 7lbs15oz and still covered in vernix.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 2:29pm
About 4/5 days before going into labour at 39w
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 4:11pm
I had it on and off for last few weeks 37ish and had him at 39
Mum to two amazing boys!
Shally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 4:35pm
So it sounds like i could definitely still have a while to go >.< d'oh!

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 4:36pm

Yeah I had it on and off a lot when I was pregnant, particularly in the last few weeks. DS went 5 days overdue.

Could the smell be from any supplements your taking?

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Jelly Jelly wrote:

I started going more often at 38 / 39 weeks, and I went into labour naturally at 10 days overdue. C didn't look overcooked though, he was only 7lbs15oz and still covered in vernix.

same with my first , except it was 8days over, but the rest of your post was exactly like mine ...same weight and covered in vernix haha

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 8:25pm
I wouldn't consider it an indication, I had it from 32 weeks until 39 weeks on and off (never stinky though so perhaps you've eaten something?) she came at 39 weeks (was 6lbs 13oz but mw didn't think I would have a big baby anyway) she still had all that downy hair etc.
Bobchannz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobchannz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 8:59pm
Sometimes can be a bit stinky because things are moving slowly through your system...but this is generally across your entire pregnancy...
www.makedomum.blogspot.co.nz
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 11:06pm
I never had loose motions until about a week before I gave birth. In the back of my mind I know it was a sign of labour but didnt think much into it at the time. I gave birth at 38 weeks and started getting the loose motions about 37 weeks, just after I started to loose my plug.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Shally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 8:25am
I'm taking iron supplements as well as the blackmores pregnancy vitamins. Could that be causing the 'not nice' smell? I'm worried i'll go into labour and end up stinking out the hospital! Eeeww..
I've kinda had loose stools on and off through the whole pregnancy but at the moment i feel like i need to go all to time!
I had a 'false labour' last weekend before it started so i was thinking maybe it means baby is still coming sooner rather than later but i bet he's going to just be a typical boy and be lazy as long as he can =P

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 9:28am
32 weeks was my false labour when it started... lol

Umm don't worry about stinking the hosp or pooing they've seen it before and understand! I pooed twice while giving birth but each time she just swiped it off the table before I could realise!
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 10:29am

It could be from the iron supplements. My stools change colour when I'm on iron so a change in smell could also be a possibility, just a theory.

Don't worry about when you do go into labour. My body cleaned itself out when I first went into labour so luckily there was nothing left when I did have DS. But, if you do "do the business" it won't be the first time, they've seen it all and more

Shally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 10:41am
I'm sure they've dealt with it all plenty of times! I mean.. pushing out a baby.. it's pretty easy to clear out other things too! I can imagine with my midwife, she'll joke about it haha. She's such a smartass >.<

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 11:14am
I thought my mw would too but she just swiped it off and I went "Omg... Did I just...?" And she goes yup but don't worry about it now PUSH!

Iron only changed my poo when I had to continue taking it after the birth, was like NB first poos
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 10:15pm
Iron can do dreadful things to your poos! Makes mine go like tar
Anyway - back to the question - mine started becoming quite loose from about 37wks and I had Isla at 42wks..... so don't hold your breathe lol ya never know tho, it could happen sooner!
Shally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2010 at 8:47am
I think i have found the stinky poo/gas problem! I stopped taking fish oil for a couple days and all of a sudden, everything went back to normal, then took some yesterday and today i'm back to stinky! >.< So for anyone out there who has the same problem as i've had, that may be the reason =P

Post Reply Post Reply