FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHorizon Radiology or Insight Radiology?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
denny25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denny25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horizon Radiology or Insight Radiology?
    Posted: 21 March 2012 at 5:37pm
I have my 12 week scan next week and my midwife gave me a referral on a Horizon Radiology form. I've heard mixed reviews about Horizon and would rather go to Insight in Parnell. Can I still go there with my Horizon form?
Sponsored Links

rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 5:58pm
no but you can get you midwife to fax a new form to the insight place
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 6:29pm
I found Horizon terrible. We went to the one at AUT in Auckland, and the people were very cold, very distant, wouldn't tell me what was happening (had bleeding and baby wasn't growing).

Insight in Takapuna was fantastic. Richard was amazing and was very good to us.

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
SarMar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 7:41pm
I'd go back to Insight Parnell in a heartbeat. They picked up a really rare anomoly at at 13 week scan that could have been deadly to me and the baby; I found out later that most radiographers wouldn't have spotted it. Because they did, it was all managed and turned out fine.
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2012 at 10:29pm
insight hands down!!
http://lilypie.com]
sbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 10:20am
just saying I found Horizon Botany great. Really nice people. Horizon Sylvia Park not so much.

denny25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denny25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 11:13am
Thanks Ladies. I booked Insight today (and they said the Horizon form was fine). Its booked for the 2nd April - VERY excited!
They have a current deal on at Insight - $255 for all scans plus 4D images.
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by sbeach sbeach wrote:

just saying I found Horizon Botany great. Really nice people. Horizon Sylvia Park not so much.

Same,Horizon Botany was able to see that my baby was a girl at 15 weeks,the guy was lovely and really put my mind at ease (was there cos the MW couldn't hear the HB)...he was right btw,she is a girl

efaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 6:17pm
I'm at Horizon in Glenfield every other week, I've found them great. I guess you can hit bad staff or people having a bad day everywhere you go...
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 6:55pm
You should be able to have your scan anywhere you want. I have had good experience with The Radiology Group which is also free. You shouldn't need a new form, I have used Horizon ones at different radiology places before and vice versa all the info on them is the same.

I don't see the point in paying for something if you don't need to.
 Post Reply Post Reply