FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBraxton Hix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braxton Hix
    Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:07pm
Hi, i'm 31 wks and been getting painful braxton hix that make me go light headed. Is anyone else getting them or had them in the past like that. I never felt them with ds or contractions so this is all new to me. Thanks in advance

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
Sponsored Links

Guest_71547 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_71547 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 5:29pm
hey there,
im 24 weeks and have been getting them for a little while, but they are not painful just uncomfortable at times. If they continue to get painful like that id ring your midwife just for piece of mind.
notenufchaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 6:53pm
i get them all the time and have done for a while now - i often feel quite breathless when i get them must be pushing my lungs up or something i reckon - i had them with my previous pregnancy as well

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 3:41pm
I got more painful ones with my second and third,painful enough to make me stop what I was doing until they subsided

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 9:41am
have talked to mw - she wants me to keep a record of how often its happening etc and if they become regular ring her but let ob know when i see him next wk. thanks 4 help guys :)

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 8:55pm
Interesting.
I have been getting them for a while third time around and they seem to be getting worse the further on I get.
I will often have to stop what I am doing and sit down or take deep breaths to get through them. I have really really low blood pressure so at the moment anything seems to make me short of breath.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 9:31pm
ob said low iron was making me light headed with braxton hix so have to double the dose. he told me to do the same as mw said - record when they are happening and if getting too painful ring mw. have had to have panadol a few times dueing the night but nothing more than once.

Post Reply Post Reply