FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShettles method

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Duenov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duenov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shettles method
    Posted: 26 October 2012 at 10:36am
We are going to start trying for baby number two next month and are going to try the shettles method for a girl. Has anyone tried this? Did it work and do you have any advice?
Sponsored Links

Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 12:36pm
I haven't tried it, I'm just desperate to get UTD now!
I've heard varying reports of sucess, a girl that I know of tried it to have a boy, she now has 3 girls!

Are you charting or using OPK's? From my understanding of it, up you would be best to start BD 3-4 days before you expect to OV.

Good luck, sorry cant be more help but Im sure there is someone here that can help
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 1:51pm
I haven't tried it either after years of trying you take what you can get lol.
But my BFF did use it to get a boy for #2 and worked.
Good luck!!
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
Duenov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duenov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 1:53pm
I have been tracking my cycle and am getting the ovulation strips today, we are going to try everyday from the end of my AF to 2 days before OV. Theres a few different methods around and thats the one we've chosen. Also doing the diet thing no potassium and salt and eat lots of sugar and high magnesium and calcuim rich foods.

Apparently the success rate is 75%.
Duenov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duenov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 1:55pm
Yea if this doesn't work we will take what we can get lol and will be happy either way just thought it would be nice for my daughter to have a sister and get to reuse all her clothes I have kept
CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:43pm
I have two friends who used it for a girl and both got girls but they also did the male "relieves himself" thing before BD to rid themselves of the faster male sperm and leave behind the slower swimming female sperm.
They were pretty committed! I would never have been able to convince DH of that idea!
Good luck!

Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 10:43pm
^ wow, that's intense!

I'd love another girl for the same reasons Indy
 Post Reply Post Reply