FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked*TMI* Water leak???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *TMI* Water leak???
    Posted: 27 June 2007 at 7:09pm
A couple of times in past few weeks i really thought my waters had broken (And something similar happened at about 22ish weeks)
But apparently they haven't & i have a abnormal mucus/discharge or something.
Has anyone else experience this? Whats wrong with me?
Its all freaking me out b/c i know what "the waters breaking" feels like(gush, trickle, trickle, gush, trickle..) & the several that happened last night were exactly how my labour with DS started. Wet pants, warm legs, puddle in my slippers then followed by pains in the belly..??
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 7:11pm
It could be your waters leaking slowly, maybe a sign that bubs is ready to pop out soon? I'd say give your midwife a call, there's a really simple test they can do to see if it is amniotic fluid, then you'll know for certain.

ETA: I had heaps of discharge during both pregnancies, my midwife was surprised by it, but never enough to make a puddle.

Edited by Maya
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 7:28pm
I get heightened discharge in the week before labour but did have a hindwater leak with Krystiana. There was no pop, but there was a sudden little gush and wet legs. Basically I felt it on the outside but not inside.

You're 40 weeks.... I don't get why this freaks you out?
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 7:32pm
Last week when it happened, i had that swab test done & it was mucus...
I went to see here today & she just did an internal & said it was mucus..?? And sac still felt intact??
But she did hint that she may see me before my elective on the 3rd

Mummy of Two Boys

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 8:04pm
I'd just keep a really close eye on it, the fact that you describe it as a puddle is what makes me think it is more than discharge, it would have to be a heck of a lot of mucous to make a puddle!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 8:47pm
If you get a waters leak they rarely stop leaking, so put a pad in overnight and see.
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 9:43pm
Ok i accept that last week was mucus/discharge b/c it only left damp patches on clothing & furniture.
Am i a freak or what- to produce that much to make puddles in my slippers... Or was it a water leak? I did wear a nappy to bed last night & leaked for a few hours after the first unusual gush. Since then have had nothing. But inconsistent tightening.
Mummy of Two Boys

miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 10:44pm
Hey glow, I just posted in June that a girl on aother board i frequent had exactly the same thing as you happen and was told the same thing too. Very odd though!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 11:44pm
I hate to ask this, but have you smelled the discharge / leaking stuff ? Because as far as I have heard, waters breaking has a very distinct smell... mine did, but it's probably a bit TMI to explain LOL
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 7:54am
hehe yep Jac- i even made DP smell my knickers & stuff LMAO
Kinda like a sweet semen oysterish smell rather than pee!!

Miss - did the lady on your other board say anything about warm legs & puddles or just very damp patches?? I have experienced both!!

Well the discharge hasnt been so watery & heavy overnight, ill just have to wait and see i guess..
Mummy of Two Boys

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 8:07am
Glow - I had the same thing when I was 40 weeks, I went in to be tested and they didn't really find anything, until my midwife decided to monitor The bubs for an hour and after an hour I went to get up and gush....... and then they tested for it again and found it was definately amniotic fluid. To sum up what it pretty much felt like for me...... pretty much felt like I was peeing myself - slowly, sometimes there wouldn't be anything - like when I was lying down, but then it was sometimes a gush of it and yes - down my legs etc. I was going through sometimes 3 pads an hour.

In the end they induced me - 72 hours after I felt the 1st gush.

It did smell the same as what you described - It made me gag the smell of it!

I also thought it happened earlier on in the pregnancy and was told it was probably discharge although my MW did say that it could have been amnio fluid - that maybe bubs had moved down and there had been some fluid released to help that out.

Hope all goes well with you.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 8:33am
If your contractions are inconsistent you may have a posterior bubba on your hands. Looks like you may be having a VBAC though, is that what you want?
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 8:43am
Thanks Hailstones

Yea i want the VBAC for sure. Just not allowed the "slow to progress, failure to dilate" scenario.
Ive got 5days till elective??
Get a move on baby & be quick about it!!
Mummy of Two Boys

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 9:06am
I had some leaking towards the end with Noah and it turned out not to be amniotic fluid but the MW told me that if it was then they would have to get Noah out within a certain timeframe to avoid the risk of infection. I can't remember whether it was 24 or 48 or 72 hours though. Hope that things get sorted out for you.
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:14am
Glow - I don't think she was as puddly as you!
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 5:49pm
Hey Glow, what's going on now? Keep us posted!
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 6:02pm
Glow. My midwife smelt my pad when my hind waters broke and said it was that because of the smell (semenish).   Hope things get moving for you soon

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:14am
Nothing much to report. All leaks have been containable. Just useless irregular tightenings.
I might just be a big fat preggo mucus machine....who knows?
Mummy of Two Boys

Post Reply Post Reply