FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedZofran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lou1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 5:29pm
Well,I ended up in hospital for 3 days in the end.They tried me on the drip in the Dr's surgery but it didnt work like it did in my last pregnancy so they sent me up to the Waikato to be admitted.
At least now I pretty much have the medication sorted.Am not vomiting any more,just bad nausea which I can just about handle.

I'm now on 4mg of zofran 3 times a day and 3 maxalon a day.Cant take the cyclazine as it makes me so groggy all I do is sleep and it wasnt doing anything for me.

TMI-The one side effect of zofran I have is really bad constipation.Did anyone else have this as well?
Sponsored Links

Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 7:10pm
Hey Lou - YES! I was constipated...though, for me I think it was also cos of being so dehydrated. Drink lots, metamucil also really helps, and if you need to you can have some lactulose prescribed. And of course, fruit fruit fruit...prunes...kiwicrush...all of that stuff (if you can stomach it already).

Hopefully, with meds sorted out, you'll keep on the improve. I'm feeling heaps better now (22 wks), but am still being sick most days...but it's way better compared with 1st trimester. And I'm down from the same zofran/maxalon combo (and cyclizine at night time when I needed it) to just one zofran (and sometimes none) each day. And, back functioning at work and living again. Doesn't hyperemesis stink!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12