FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPrams, pushchairs, strollers etc...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sassysas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassysas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prams, pushchairs, strollers etc...
    Posted: 07 April 2009 at 1:31am
Hi All

What shops do you recommend for buying prams, pushchairs or strollers at? Are there any good online shops? Im particularly looking for one of those pushchairs where it can change around from the baby facing out to the baby facing parent.
Had a search online but the variety is pretty poor...

Thanks!
Due 11 Aug with first baby
Sponsored Links

coldfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:55am
I wanted an interchangeable stroller that can be a pram (baby facing you) and a stroller (baby sitting facing out) too.

I ended up getting a Mountain Buggy Urban model stroller which can have a carrycot attachment. There have been the odd ones listed on Trademe but they were in the North Island and I was hesitant about spending lots on goods I haven't seen, so I ended up buying new.

I just shopped around for deals at the main stores, like Farmers, Smiths City, Baby Factory etc. I timed my purchase at New Years so there were good discounts at that time. With Easter coming up there should be good discounts too, sometimes Farmers and Smiths City offer 25-30% off nursery gear.

The main things I've ever buy online are books so can't help you with online shops sorry. All the best in your search for a pram, it's such an individual thing as to what feels easy to manoeuvre, looks good to you, in the right price range etc.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:17am
We've decided on the Mountain Buggy Urban too, we looked early so we could wait until the sales then get it cheaper.
We're in Auckland and there's heaps on TM. I'm sure most would be happy for you to view the buggy before you buy?!?!
The ones we've looked at are all in very good condition (as per description) so I'm happy they are a good sturdy model.

We're getting the carry cot too but I'm happy to get a 2nd hand (but quality) one off TM as I figure it's been used for 6 months at the most as you have to stop using it once baby can sit up.

I didn't know Farmers did MB prams!?!? Will have to look harder next time
millysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:25am
bugaboo says they are the only brand that has the option to face both ways. If you go to bugaboo.com they will give you a list of store locations or you can buy directly from them. They are more pricey than others but supposed to be well worth it.
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:17am
I got my MB from Farmers when they had a card holder day so got 25% off!! They told me that they are no longer going to stock them so a lot of stores no longer have them.
We got our carrycot brand new from kiwibaby in Glenfield, was the cheapest, (I did lots of research) $199 with a rain cover. A lot of the 2nd hand ones on TM were going fro over $150 so figured Id rather pay the extra and get new.

I spent months trying to find one that could convert, Global Baby has a few models but all over $1000. Steelcraft has a model (4 wheels) that is at Farmers and Baby Factory
Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:09pm
I'm opting for a P&T Dash and will pop a capsule on there facing me at first. I've checked it out in the shops, now just keeping a close eye on the on line stores for sales as well as sales in the shops. I've heard good things about Winkalotts for on-line purchases. Like you, I wouldn't buy this sort of thing from TradeMe unless I could view it first.
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:27pm
Whereabouts are you? If you're in Auckland, Kiwi Baby have both Phil & Teds and Mountain Buggies instore so you can have a play with them. Nature Baby in Auckland stock Bugaboos - they're in Newmarket and Grey Lynn.

Kiwi Baby

Nature Baby
Two little girls under 2!

sassysas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassysas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 1:37am
Im actually in the UK at the moment, due to move to Auckland in May this year so Im looking at the websites to see what the options are. we are quite keen on this one, not sure if you guys have anything similar?
http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000QTNXGI/sr=1-3/qid=1239197765/ref=sr_1_3/278-6228090-5782003?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=48767031&mcb=core

Going to do a search now on the "Mountain buggies"
Due 11 Aug with first baby
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 8:29am
You'd have so much more choice in the UK so unless you want to buy a Mountain Buggy or a Phil & Teds you'd be better off buying it before you came back - it would be cheaper too.
Two little girls under 2!

kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 10:47am
If you're in the UK you have WAY more choice than you would in NZ - and at a better price

We have the Peg Perego Pliko Switch which is exactly the same as the Mamas and Papas Pliko Switch in the UK (not sure why they have the separate branding but anywho..) That has the ability to be front or rear facing, lies down flat for newborn and is compatible with the capsule which also comes with a base if you need it. The umbrella fold is REALLY simple, I use ours in and out of taxis every day and it's light but still a sturdy pram. I our stroller and it's probably my "best buy" of all the baby stuff we have so far.

Have a look on the Mamas and Papas/Peg Perego website and then have a look on Amazon.co.uk for prices. We looked at getting ours shipped from the UK (to Singapore) but had C early so ended up buying everything local. I do know the PPs are more expensive again in Aussie, I imagine if they're available in NZ they will be just as spendy!

There are quite a few stores in the UK that will deliver for free or really cheap so have a good look around before just buying from Mothercare. I will ask my friend which site she ended up using
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 7:59am
I agree you have much better choices where you are, I would go mad over there & buy buy buy, lol. Now with saying that I am pram obsessed, so had a Phil & Ted sport till the kids got bigger & to heavy to push them both then got a MB double & DS2 sat in it once, $1200 later, so I have just put a MB Urban Elite on lay-by at Baby factory as they have them on special for $699, & am hoping I will have a reason to get the bassinet soon.
Bellerara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellerara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 5:54pm
We just got given a new McLaren MX3 from my parents and assembled it today! its very nice, this is my first so I have nothing else to compare it with but due to having horses an all terrain buggy was the way to go for us. Great value from Baby City as on special for $499 and comes with all the bits and pieces that you need! anyway seems easy to take up and down and I am a bit of a muppet when it comes to these sorts of things.
AsliC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsliC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 7:27pm
Steelcraft does have one with reversible handle. I saw them in Farmers and have 25% off the original price as well
Asli

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 10:44pm
Oh man I am already confused, I have no idea what I want tho since this is the first baby I think I want one that can become a double one if that makes sense.

Just had a look at www.mountainbuggy.com and am amazed at the models they have on there...all super thin and none of the buggys have babies in them-is almost enough to put me off them haha! How depressing!

Oct 11
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 11:15pm
Hi, I bought a Steelcraft Strider 3 from Babycity. When I went looking for prams, that was the only pram I found where the toddler seat could face both ways. Which is why I bought it. I also had the bassinette to go on the pram, and I had expected Mika to use that for 6 months. However at 3 months she no longer wanted to lie in the bassinette, so I put the toddler seat on, and I always have her facing me. It's great, I can sing to her and talk to her when she's awake. And when she wakes up while we're still walking, she'll see me and be all happy.

I can definately recommend it.
PixieL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PixieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 12:50pm
bump

1/2/9 (27/8/9)
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 2:21pm
i have one of those prams that the handle reverses so you can look at bubs or push them forward. its a mountain buggy type pram. folds right down to a bassinet position and has s storm cover, sun shade, peek-a-boo cover HUGE shopping basket at the bottom. got it for $70 off trade me. and its excellent condition. only has one tiny little stain on the pillow by the head which will come out with spot remover. if you dont ind second hand, i would highly recommend trying TM
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:41pm
We have a Steelcraft Enigma 4 wheeler. The main reason we chose it was because neither of us like the 3 wheeler mountian buggy type ones. And because we wanted reversable handle cause it's important to me to be able to see bubs. It is a great pram and cant wait to use it when our little girl arrives! We got it from Farmers on a cardholder sale night They also do a 3 wheeler version
 Post Reply Post Reply