FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWashable Nursing Pads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Washable Nursing Pads
    Posted: 06 June 2010 at 5:21pm
Which are the best absorbency wise? I'm leaking like a sieve and the disposable ones just arent cutting it! that and they're too blimmin expensive.
I dont have the time to make my own unfortunatly, so i'm gonna have to buy some.
TIA :D
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 5:42pm
I got mine from Breastmates. They are hemp with a fleece backing. This tie round I've had enough milk for 2 babies lol and they have been great .
Dry fast as well
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:09pm
I've got friends who recommendEcomoon ones as being a good price and absorbant.
Mum to two wee boys
littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 6:10pm
I have both the baby first and pea pods bamboo ones - I prefer the bamboo ones as they feel more comfy on.
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 9:50pm
there is all these ones...

HEMP LINK

washable link

Wool link

then theres plenty in babycity and stuff too

CHEM 6/12+
Tigerish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 9:57pm
Personally, I found the washable ones weren't absorbent enough in the early days. I had to use disposable until my milk has settled down. I'd be interested if you find a good washable that can cope with all the milk. Might be useful for next time!

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 5:37am
I sure hope I can find one that will cope! The only disposables that *just* cut is are the johnson and johnson ones, but they're $10 a box and i'm using nearly a box a day!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 11:22am
Just make sure they have a stay dry layer. I found that my wool ones had my milk go straight thought them, but I had some with a PUL layer and mircofleece so I stayed dry as did my clothes. I think the absorbant fabric was hemp.
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 2:49pm
I use avent reusable ones and think they are lovely..nice and soft and more absorbant than some other ones I had...
They are the ones with lace on the outside. They seemed pretty absorbant to me. About $10 for 6, I just got a couple of boxes so I could change them regularly.

Oct 11
Jelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 6:44pm
Any chance you're using cloth nappies? If you've got a couple of spare inserts lying around...
Bobchannz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobchannz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:08pm
I found the pigeon brand to be the most absorbent - they would get really heavy! TBH I didn't find the reusable ones all that absorbent - couldn't take as much as the disposables. Good luck!!
KatzWtgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatzWtgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 7:52pm
Just a tip my midwife passed on to me -- I would leak majorly as well, especially from the other breast when DS was feeding -- my midwife suggested that when he starts feeding, to use the flat of my hand to push in the other breast fairly hard -- it actually works and the milk stops flowing from that breast!

I still leak a bit, but at least the pads (mostly) catch it now...
[IMG]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/rGG7p13.png]
mynaturalbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mynaturalbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 12:04pm
I bought the Medela ones (3 pairs in a pack) and they were OK, but I didn't like the lace facing on them. My lab liked them enough to eat one of them!
Follow my journey into raising a baby using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 3:18pm
Where's kahlia when you need her. She used mmaturnity pads. Yes she did. 2 i believe.

I was lik ethat too had to change every feed and sometimes in between. Pigeon ones were best as the didn't leak and the stuck on good.

I now use  Ecomoon's 3 layer bamboo ones. I've heard good things about the merino ones aswell.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Post Reply Post Reply