FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRescue Remedy for toddlers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rescue Remedy for toddlers?
    Posted: 11 June 2010 at 12:15pm
Anyone tried this? I was always reluctant to try these as they contain alcohol but I'm getting desperate!

DS is being a nightmare again with his night sleeping. Took him to Dr this morning for a checkup - all fine but he wakes and cries inconsolably 4-5x a night. He is getting his molars but I gave him both pamol and ibuprofen last night and he still cried so I don't think it is pain as that would have sorted it.
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 12:32pm
I've used it for my children from time to time.
It is perfectly safe as the alcohol is boiled off.
The effect is not dramatic, just helps to calm them down and relax them.
Good luck!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 1:18pm
i use it for both of mine to calm them down, mostly at night time.

sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 1:37pm
chamomile (sp) helps too you can get pills and i think drops to naturopharm does a good range for kids
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:29pm
Mrs B  I've used RR on Clodagh occasionally since she was a newborn...its perfectly safe just don't give the adult dose. I think I gave 1 drop when she was really little and REALLy upset and couldn;t be settled any other way. It was quite good. I took it too lol which was even better

Edited by Emmecat

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:27pm
If you are worried about the alcohol you can buy RR pastilles - give him half a pastille as a "lolly" before bedtime. No alcohol that way. In saying that, I use normall RR in the spray bottle for my girl, it works wonders for feral days.
Huggles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 1:12pm
i have given DD Rescue remedy since she was a newborn. just give one - two drops only and it will be fine just not the adult dose
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 2:56pm
Comes in a balm too dosent it?

I have used weleda teething powder on a few occasions - presume it the camomile that works a treat - even on my 2 year old

Maybe a massage or a cuddle to music before bed if you dont already do this
http://lilypie.com]
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 8:36am
It does come in a balm, gel and other forms- I saw them for sale at the hospital pharmacist recently.

amber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 4:29pm
hi yes RR is great - been using since newborn you can put a drop on their fontenelle, I have started using "kids calm" from the health store because it has no alcohol.
Amber ~30~ Auckland ~baby girl born 24/03/10
Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 10:01pm

I can say I've used the RR since Brooke was quite young.  2-3 drops in her bottle.

There is also another version of RR called RR Sleep.  I like this one better.  (I just about drink it from the bottle when I'm flying!)

Post Reply Post Reply