FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDairy Challenge tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dairy Challenge tomorrow
    Posted: 02 March 2008 at 3:12pm
Isla is having her dairy challenge in hospital tomorrow. We have to be there at 8.30am, and she isnt allowed anything to eat or drink (other than water) after midnight tonight. Anyone got any ideas to make this easier on all of us?
Im quite anxious about it all. Luckily DH has managed to get time off work to come along too.
Sponsored Links

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 3:28pm
Good luck for tomorrow Kellz sorry don't have any advice hope everything goes well with Isla.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 3:57pm
No advice here either as we are no way near this unfortunately, but good luck! Hope it all goes well
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 6:33pm

Yay I am so glad he got the time off to go with you, no need for the tribes of Becks and Emma to turn up at Gissy hospital to keep you company .

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 6:52pm
Yeah Im glad he did,...would have been a luagh with all you guys there tho! he he!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 9:01pm
Teehee, oh well, if you can't have your OHbaby! fan club with you, I guess Brent will do!

Good luck hun!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 2:43pm
I hope everything is going well today Kellz thinking of you guys.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 4:22pm
Thanks guys. The hardest part was not being able to let Isla have anything to eat and drink from when she woke at 6am. We were at the hospital from 8-30[]
She didnt have any immediate reaction to the milk, so thats great. We have to wait and see if a delayed reaction occurs in the next 2 weeks. She doesnt like the taste of milk tho, was a struggle to get her to drink it!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 7:35pm
Yay Isla! Maya was the same lol, she still does't really drink milk.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 9:10pm
Yay that sounds really promising Kellz.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 9:22pm

OMGosh I dont know how I missed this thread.

Glad it all went well Kellz and heres hoping no reaction to the milk in the next 2 weeks

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 7:57pm

Same here... how did I miss something this important for little Isla?!!!  Shame, Andie, Shaaame. 

Anyway, I'm so happy it went well - have things boded well for no delayed reaction?  OOohhhhh here's hoping! 

Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:46pm
Yeah things are still going unbeleievably well! Her eczema is just the same as usual,...a few persisant pale patches on her torso. They havent worsened or anything. Its amazing really, since when she licked the butter 6 months ago as well as the face swelling/ hives, her ezcema flared up almost instantly too, and was nasty for ages after.

The milk has made her poo weird tho! It was soooo strange giving her milk to drink, fault pretty amful trying to force her to have somehting that has previuosly made her so sick, without a clue as to how she was gonna react. Was a hard day.

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 8:27am

Man, I'd have been panicking inside.  Good on you for getting through it - can't have been easy at all, but Horray for the results!   I'm breathing a sigh of relief for you guys. 

Andie
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 7:31pm
Glad that things are still going well. Maya still doesn't drink much milk or eat much cheese, yoghurt etc. She's just never got the taste for it after 3 1/2 years of not being allowed it.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 9:15pm
I gave Isla one tiny strand of grated cheese today, and she was like 'WTF Mum?!!' lol. Didnt eat it! Lol!
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 10:05pm
I'm really glad to hear things are still going well Kellz

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
 Post Reply Post Reply