FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLosing Weight before TTC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Losing Weight before TTC
    Posted: 15 November 2009 at 8:18pm
Hi All,

Forum newbie here. Just wanted to start a thread to introduce myself.

I am 28 and have been married for nearly a year. DH and I will be starting TTC sometime next year (not quite sure exactly when yet - depends on a few things, money etc.) and I could do with losing a bit of weight.

I've had some gynecological problems over the last couple of years and the hormones I've been on this year have made me balloon up quite a bit. I've never exactly been skinny (always been a size 12) but I've never been this big either (a large size 14 - not good at only 5ft 5in). I'm looking to get my BMI back into the healthy range before we start TTC.

I thought it would be good to start a thread on here as I expect there are some others in the same position as me and we could give each other moral support to avoid the biscuit tin - especially with Christmas coming up!

Look forward to hearing from you...

Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 8:32pm
You might want to "join up" in the weight loss thread over in the general section it has people losing to TTC as well as us losing because we did conceive.

ETA - Sorry how rude of me .. Welcome to OB

Edited by lilfatty
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 8:04am
Welcome to OB, come join the rest of us in the weight loss thread in general. There are lots of ladies wanting to lose weight.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 1:29pm

Welcome to OB ... the weight loss thread is great and maybe the waiting to conceive thread as well..

Luuurve your ticker Lilfatty

Jenny269431 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny269431 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 5:29pm
It's always a good idea to try to lose weight before trying to conceive.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose weight easier before trying to conceive.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way and coupled with the right dietary changes.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me before trying to conceive and I started to put on too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply