FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC -wow!What your mind does to ur body!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LittleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TTC -wow!What your mind does to ur body!
    Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:50pm
OK... So I am a newbie here and VERY new to the whole trying-for-a-baby process!
My husband and I have been thinking about babies for a while now and even tried a couple of months last year, but thank God nothing happend, as the year itself was very tough financially and emotionally.
So here we are now - 2010 will be our baby-making year and January was the first month we started properly trying!
At first - I was very relaxed about starting this interesting, but in some ways a challenging process, however after love-making on my actual ovulation day, I started thinking about being pregnant.. I started feeling lower tummy aches, my nipples became sore, I noticed how much more tired I was, etc...
Then I read all these different "trying for a baby" forums with women saying about a "phanton pregnancy disorder" that most of them had, due to wanting a baby so much and hoping they were pregnant! OMG....
I then thought about it myself, calmed down about the whole thing... and all the tummy cramping and other symptoms went away! What a joke!?
And its only been the 1st month of trying! haha I can only imagine what happens to people who try for years!

So.. did this happen to you too? If so - how did you manage the whole "Am I pregnant yet?" feeling?

And also - some of the friends who had children say that "they felt when they got pregnant straight away"... Is this possible??
Sponsored Links

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 1:21pm
OMG yes . Every little thing that I was feeling I would consider a preg sign, and go looking online for evidence.

When I finally got preg I had a feeling, as I was feeling different then other months. Also that was the month that I was most relaxed and we were just 'doing it' for fun. (though by coincidence I felt ovulation while we were in the middle of special cuddles) .

Good luck and I hope it doesn't take too long for you. It took us exactly a year.
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 1:43pm
Hell yes! We were trying for a baby a couple of years ago and then went off the idea (until now that is). As soon as I came off the pill and started trying I thought I was pregnant constantly! I thought my boobs were bigger, nipples different, more tired, felt nauseous, had more CM and all of those things. It's quite embarrassing now that I look back!

This is our first month back TTCing and I am way more relaxed and just happy to go with the flow. Obsessing about every twinge isn't going to help. I am enjoying life right now and I'm in no hurry, there are plenty of other things to keep me occupied.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 1:46pm

Welcome to the TTC club, where every niggle and twinge can be attributed to early preggy symptoms, and inspecting ones knickers and lady parts becomes a daily ritual. Things you never even knew happened before TTC are now analysed to the enth degree.  Good Luck and wishing you a short TTC journey.

spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 2:08pm
yup, its a rollercoaster of interesting times

You may laugh, but I've spent far too long today looking to see if you can have a period and STILL be pregnant. I know, it sounds so obvious, but rational thinking vs what the heart wants are good bedfellows!

good luck with your ttc anyway. You charting?
LittleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 2:19pm
Thanks for all your posts, girls! Good to know Im not the only one... and yes, I hope it wont take me too long, as I am in my mid twenties and you know how they say - chances are higher... haha

Spanky77 - nope I am not charting.. not sure what exactly its about... All I do is record dates of my periods and then count 14 days from the 1st day of a period and thats my Ovulation day!
But I think what I ll start doing is measuring my temperature from next month to understand my body better...   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 2:27pm
As long as you have a regular cycle charting isn't necessary. If you BD every second day of your cycle from around day 10 and watch your cervical fluid that is all you need. However if your cycle is all over the place it is probably a good idea, I just think that sort of thing would make you focus on it too much.
LittleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:56pm
Yep, Im pretty regular! So this should hopefully be fine :)
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by LittleT LittleT wrote:

All I do is record dates of my periods and then count 14 days from the 1st day of a period and thats my Ovulation day!

Not sure if thats what you mean, but your ovulation day usually occurs 14 days BEFORE your next AF, rather than 14 days AFTER your previous AF, if that makes sense? Its the same day if your cycle is 28 days long, but otherwise it may be earlier or later.

Good luck TTC
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 8:50pm
LittleT you really do need to join the Charters in the Charting thread!

There are many ladies in there with 'regular' cycles, but ov doesn't always occur on Day 14. Mine is on Day 13, another lady has hers on day 21, another on day 28. Yes, those other ladies cycles are roughly 40-45 days long. Some of them are even 60 days long!

You will learn so much about your body from charting.

I am no longer pregnant, mc'd unfortunately, but on my first charting cycle I got pregnant - and we had spent thousands of dollars at a fertility clinic with no real luck.... it's all in the TIMING.

Best of luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 9:23pm
Yes but if you bd every second day of your cycle you don't have to worry about timing! I think it is important to keep it relaxed when starting out on this process. I can understand how you would want to get more indepth if your cycles are inconsistent or you have been trying for a while, but I think the natural approach is best to begin with otherwise it becomes too clinical (just my opinion).
Mattsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 10:02pm
Welcome to the roller coaster. I'm TTC for number 2 and it is no different to last time except I expect it each month because I now know I can do it. The mind sure plays tricks on you.
Hope you have a short time in the TTC phase.
LittleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 11:13am
Oh wow, I thought the ovulation occurs 14 days after a period, not before the next one... Goodness..
But yeah, we try every 2nd day, so hopefully it should be fine.

Yes, Id like to start the process in a relaxing way and if nothing happens a couple of months down the track, I will be sure to do the charting & other things.

Thanks girls for your advice! I feel so NEW at all this! haha
beebajee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebajee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 2:26pm
Thank god it's not just me!!
Hubby and I made the HUGE decision to start trying in Dec 09. Even though we have only really started I am always looking up the pregnancy symptoms page. In Jan I was convinced..feeling sick and tired, bloated, putting on a little weight then turns out it was a tummy bug!! I was getting really excited. I keep trying to tell myself that it probably will take months, if not years as I am 32 this year and had endo when 22, been on the pill since. Also I train alot and stopped having periods.
Just nice to read the above posts and know I'm not going crazy or being obsessive.
_Lou_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lou_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 2:57pm
Definitely not crazy! Or Obsessive! I think for so long when we are younger, its sort of a given that you can get pregnant whenever you want and no one tends to think about the possibility that it can be a lot harder for many people and sometimes not possible at all. For me, its only been when my DF and I have started to think about it and when we want to start TTC that all the other thoughts come along too and you wonder if its going to happen as it should. Its very comforting to know others think/feel the same! But in many ways, I am happier to be "realistic" about things, and know that it may not happen straight away, or for some time than go into it expecting PG to happen immediately!
beebajee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebajee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 7:57pm
Agree!! I think most of my problem is all my friends had babies a few years ago. It was easy and happened almost immedietly for them or they weren't trying at all and it just happened. They don't really understand the whole trying for baby thing at all. I have two Beagles that have been trying to take our attention away from baby making but it doesn't stop the niggling "am I preggers" feelings. Guess it is something I will just have to learn to deal with like many, many other women.
 Post Reply Post Reply