Print Page | Close Window

Weight loss drugs from Dr...

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Support
Forum Name: Weight Loss
Forum Description: Want to lose weight before TTC? Shed the extra kilos after baby's born? Or want to be a lean, mean fitness machine? Talk about it here.
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36103
Printed Date: 06 May 2024 at 10:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Weight loss drugs from Dr...
Posted By: TwinnyBump
Subject: Weight loss drugs from Dr...
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 11:43am
Has anyone tried any of the weight loss drugs from the dr (ie reductil etc), if so which one and what was your experience like, ie did it work?

Thanks in advance...

-------------
http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">

Replies:
Posted By: jazzy
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 1:45pm
I have tried diet/weight loss pills & they do work up to a point but not something I would do any more.

I did try Reductil for awhile but stopped as it gave me palpitation & I felt terrible. A friend used them & lost heaps but has put it all back on now. Not to say you will though.

They suppress your appetite so you don't want to eat.

I don't recommend them as they cost so much & it does not teach you to eat less & healthier.

Posted By: monikah
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 1:48pm
my flatmate is on reductil and it just makes her not hungry which is great but risks screwing your metabolism so its not the best.

zenical absorbs fat from food i think but doesnt change eating habits and stuff so everyone i know has put the weight back on cos they have been in diet mode instead of lifestyle adjustments.

as a personal trainer i have never ever seen anyone successfully keep it off when using pills. doesnt mean its not possible though. i just havent come across anyone who has

-------------

Posted By: EmDee
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 3:27pm
I've used Duromine (similar to Reductil I think) and it worked, though I only used it for 2 weeks before realising I was pregnant with Caleb.

I think it depends on how you go into it. When I went to see my GP, I had been trying to lose weight but failing miserably and when I got on the scales and it showed no change (or worse a gain) I kept giving up. So I was lacking the motivation to stick to good eating and exercise program.

My GP prescribed me Duromine after taking the time to talk to me about what I had tried. He also stressed that it's not a magic pill and to lose weight I needed to change my habits (that good old equation of eat less/better & move more). He advised me to take it daily for 2 weeks and take note of the amount I was food I was eating and how I felt when full. Then he said to cut back to every 2nd day and slowly wean myself off it (he gave me a script for 2 months).

Like I said I only took it for 2 weeks because I was UTD, but I was able to keep my weight down during pregnancy and 2 weeks after giving birth I was lighter than I was before getting pregnant. And I do think this is because of doing what my GP suggested (figuring out when I had eaten enough etc).

Anyway I do believe that Duromine did help give me some will power, but at the end of the day I had to make the changes to my life for long term benefits.

HTH

-------------
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2

Posted By: kebakat
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 3:35pm
I haven't tried them though did consider them for like a day when I was at my biggest but in reality I came to the conclusion that it was just a temp fix. Yup I'd loose weight, but it would pile back on. And at the end of the day I wanted to loose weight a healthy natural way rather than screwing around with myself chemically. And I lost over 30kg with a few changes to my diet and exercise and was still loosing weight when I got preg so could have gone further. In a few weeks I'll be back on the weight loss wagon to get to my goal weight but it won't be that difficult because I know what healthy habits I need to stick to.

Posted By: Mucky_Tiger
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 5:12pm
I asked my GP about them and she said the NZ ministry of Health is pushing for them to be banned because of the amount of healthy but overweight people who get prescribed them, then go on to heave serious cardio issues including heart attacks.

so she wouldnt put me on them.
she instead reccomended the Metformin for me, but your on that allready

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 6:44pm
Fen-phen was in some diet pills years ago, think it got banned as it caused heart defects which caused death. That was a big reason I stopped taking diet pills, not that I had been taking them long when I heard that.

I tried xenical yrs ago but the side effects can be nasty. Any oil you have will just run through you & with no warning so you avoid it big time & it was really expensive.

When I was on diet pills & losing weight I got a bit cocky & started eating bad as they were working but when I stopped them, due to money & availability, the weight went back on with a vengeance.

I have lost more weight & kept it off by eating better & walking.

Posted By: kellie
Date Posted: 07 October 2010 at 3:28pm
I have tried duromine and I hated it. They made me feel really weird. Only stayed on them about 2 weeks.

Date Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:31pm
reductil has been recalled.

Posted By: xLUCKYx
Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 10:04am
I heard that on the radio Jazzy - health risks outweigh the benefits!

Posted By: monikah
Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 12:11pm
my flat mate is on that. i should tell her

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 1:29pm
I spoke to a friend who is on them & she was told that by the Dr when she was on them that they were looking at pulling them. It was really for people who at long term ion them. She stopped taking them yesterday when it went public. She has lost weight on them, but no more than eating well & walking.

I think diet pills should be avoided cause they can mess with your heart.

When I was on them I had a racing heart & felt horrible so only lasted a few weeks. Not worth it.

Posted By: Guest_47220
Date Posted: 13 October 2011 at 8:11pm
looking for a doctor in auckland pref north shore/rodney district who will prescribe duromine if your bmi is over 30. im 162cm tall and 85kgs trying to drop my baby weight now my baby is 7 months old. my doctor is hesitant in prescribing pills. thanks

Posted By: Tangerine
Date Posted: 20 August 2012 at 9:55am
Hey I googed it and found this post! Would love to hear more from people as I'm going to doc on wed to talk about weight loss pills.

I'm keen on what mummydee said about it being short term. I would love to hear from anyone whose tried them or is on them.

I'm at my witts end with my weight. I'm 175cm and 123kg (so my BMI is 40.2 and it's suppose to be 30)

Please hellllp

-------------
http://alterna-tickers.com">

Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Guest_91167 Guest_91167 wrote:

I think bodyweight loss supplements should be prevented cause they can clutter with your center.

I am a bit confused by your posts...do you not consider Duromine to be part of it?

Posted By: Bizzy
Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Guest_91167 Guest_91167 wrote:

I talked to a buddy who is on them & she was informed that by the Dr when she was on them that they were looking at getting them. It was really for individuals who at lengthy lasting ion them. She ceased getting them last night when it went community. She has dropped a few pounds on them, but no more than consuming well & strolling.

I think bodyweight loss supplements should be prevented cause they can clutter with your center.

When I was on them I had a rushing center & sensed awful so only survived a couple of several weeks. Not value it.

this doesnt gel with the post from you on the other topic about the pills!!???

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker">

Posted By: Kelz
Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:30am
Hi guys, post above deleted - just fyi

-------------

Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Kelz Kelz wrote:

can I ask why?

Posted By: Kelz
Date Posted: 18 September 2012 at 11:34am
Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

Originally posted by Kelz Kelz wrote:

can I ask why?

Hi Jazzy - sorry, only just saw your comment.
I think it was a post made by a dodgey 'member'....can't remember the details sorry.
Rest assured, we seriously don't delete many posts

-------------

Posted By: kim615
Date Posted: 25 March 2013 at 6:27am
I am currently taking Liproxenol. My GP gave it a go because I wasn't breastfeeding and he saw nothing bad on the list of ingredients. I find its appetite suppression very effective. Now my pregnancy weight is starting to drop. 'Didn't feel any side effects either.

Date Posted: 30 March 2013 at 8:40am
Originally posted by kim615 kim615 wrote:

I am currently taking Liproxenol. My GP gave it a go because I wasn't breastfeeding and he saw nothing bad on the list of ingredients. I find its appetite suppression very effective. Now my pregnancy weight is starting to drop. 'Didn't feel any side effects either.

Think this stuff is a scam..as people buy it over a website that seems to charge more & charge on going costs..the postal address for website is at AK airport so someone found out after trying to get hold of them...dodgy.

Posted By: Joey131561
Date Posted: 22 October 2013 at 3:59pm
Hi there, I took Duromine years ago and it really screwed with my thyroid function and sleep patterns. I found Duromine to be effective as an appetite supressant and when you exercised whilst taking it you got really good results. When you first take it it affects your sleep as you are a bit wired. When I stopped taking it my appetite came back in full force and it took me years to get my throid working properly after I stopped taking it. I would not recommend it. I also believe it has risks like heart palpitations as well. Hope that helps.

Posted By: Jenny201028
Date Posted: 08 May 2016 at 5:41am
Have been using mummy magic weight loss tea for three times a day. Using drugs can be harmful, so natural remedies are the best. I rid of my pregnancy weight through this tea.

Posted By: Kylie224513
Date Posted: 14 July 2017 at 9:35pm
I am taking now phentermine pills, my doctor prescribed them 2 months ago. The only side effect is insomnia

Posted By: Kylie224513
Date Posted: 26 October 2017 at 9:43pm
every body is unique and will response on pills on different ways, it's better to consult with a doctor

Posted By: DanielHenry230473
Date Posted: 23 April 2018 at 10:39pm
Hey Twinny!! Really it is a matter of concern how to find weight loss pills and product and which is the best for losing the weight. There are plenty of weight loss pills, tablets and capsules available in the market, but the question arise in mind that are these pills are really safe for the body? I am also suffering from heavy weight and therefore look for some real advice from the real people who have personal experience of weight loss.

Posted By: Annie269434
Date Posted: 05 September 2021 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by kellie kellie wrote:

I have tried duromine and I hated it. They made me feel really weird. Only stayed on them about 2 weeks.

Same here. Only thing that worked for me was yoga + a change in my diet on a daily basis.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose weight (even during your pregnancy).

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

https://yogaweightloss365.com/" rel="nofollow - This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!

Mandy

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net