FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wine
    Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:38pm

Anyone else a wine drinker?

I love bubbly and chardy. Never been a big NZ chardy drinker till I opened a bottle I got for my birthday and it is now my fav nz wine. Ngatarawa Stables in the Hawkes Bay.

My mission next year is to try and get to the winery and get a few bottle cheaply.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:39pm
yup I'm a total bubbles lover. My fave is Le Brun Blanc de Blanc if I'm spending up big...
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:41pm
I used to work at a winery and so did one of my flatmates (and the other owned a bar, lol) so we would have loads of staff priced wine at home. well, never for long, anyhow. My flattie worked for Le Brun, which is how I got onto the dearer stuff. MmmmHmmm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:42pm

Another mission next year is to try wines from all over NZ. I've been a big Oz wine drinker (funny that) but now I think I need to try wines from here.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:52pm
Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc is my fave - I got 4 bottles of it for Christmas from various people AND I'd already brought two bottles when Foodtown had it on special!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:53pm

Slowly getting there on the wine department side of things.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:59pm
Becs, I live in wine country, we do fantastic Sauvignons and im quite fond of a riesling as well.
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 10:28pm
Mmmm wine - still have a while to wait though until I can enjoy again

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 11:10pm
Jacobs Creek is one of my favourite brands - I drink almost anything white.
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 7:33am
I am a Sauvignons and riesling girl, but recently tried a pinot gris which was devine!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 7:38am
I'm virtually a wine heathen!! Don't mind the occassional sweet white though...not a fan of dry whites.

I feel like I need to expand my tastes. Hmmmmm.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 7:43am
wydham estate do great reds - aus I know. i love the bin 444, 555, 777 (no 666 oddly enough)
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 9:31am
try a pinot gris Paws, mmmmm, or for bubbles an asti mmmm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 9:34am

Never been a big Sav fan, but I did see last night in my collection of bottles that I have 1 bottle of Sav so I may have to like it next year.

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 9:43am
Ive just done a wine course at our local high school and it was awesome. we did it cos we wanted something to do together (me and hubby) and i dont really drink wine and know nothing about it so wanted to learn a bit so i didnt look like such a wally when we went to a restuarant. We now love it, so much fun and so much to learn though. this year we are going to do the stage two course which is all about making wine.
Im a sweet wine drinker though, love sweet reislings like Main Divide and Camshorn also getting into the Pinot Gris, Stoneleigh do a really nice one.
We are lucky cos we get wine cheap through hubbys work but end up spending heaps. I would also totally recommend Micheal Coopers wine guide. Its a great reference book with heaps of nz wines.

Edited by my2angels

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 9:51am

My naughty new years resolution is to each week try a new wine from NZ and more than just chardy as well. Should be a fun new year

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 10:09am
I'm a sav and reisling fan too.

You could always have a Palmy OHBaby Wine Club?!

[/url]

Angel June 2012
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 10:19am
problem is its not a cheap hobby. once you start getting into it you realise how the cheap wines really arent that flash and why they are so cheap!
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 10:31am
I don't drink white, it makes me feel sick, but I love a nice shiraz or merlot. And I do drink bubbles of course!
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 10:38am

I have a terrible addiction to french champagne (from my time living in London and working in a job with quite a lot of flash events, and a lot of drinking/eating out). It wasnt so bad over there - but here its not that affordable! (Luckily I shipped about 10bottles back - have been rationing it!)

My favourite is Veuve Cliquot, although I am also partial to Bollinger. I was lucky enough to me "taken out" by my old boss in London and he bought 2 bottle of Cristal, at 250pounds each!!! Yikes!! It was quite a night!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>