FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFirst Shoes for Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Shoes for Babies
    Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:15pm

I need to buy Ella her first pair of shoes (exciting). i have looked in the normal kids shops (PP,JK Farmers etc) but am not impressed by the shoes for babies- some of them look really hard to put on, others don't look very corformable and look like the soles would wear out very quickly.

I don't want to pay a fortune for them (as I am guessing like everything else she will grow out of them quickly)...but can anyone recommend a good place to buy babies shoes from or a particular brand?

TIA

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:21pm
How old is Ella? I presume shes walking if your talking about soles wearing out? (Sorry if u have a ticker, but I cant see them).
Best value for $ Ive found is the Fisher Price range at K-mart. Genuine Leather, plastic sort of bit on the sole, hard wearing, cute and they look super comfy. $20!
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:23pm

Kellz- She has just turned 9 months- isn't walking yet but is always on her feet and don't think it will be long until she is walking.  Cool- we have a kmart not too far from us, so might check them out in the weekend.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:31pm
Lots of people think u cant go past Bobux,..but we have never been able to justify the $$. Im not in Auck, but I do know that there is an outlet somewhere u can get them cheaper.
I have found the Fisher Price ones really hard wearing, dont fall about at the seems like cheaper ones do. They come in like a plastic box packaging, and are with the baby socks etc,..not in the general show section of k-mart.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:39pm
This is the site that we got Daniel last winter.. baby unique They are like bobux, they are soft hard wearing leather so they don't have a hard sole like most bubbas shoes do. They were easy as to put on, you choose the colours and what style and they are hand made for you! They were fab! I'm getting another pair for Daniel when I actually get around to it
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:39pm
Oh and for $17, they are cheap!
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:43pm

Kebakat- do you think those shoes would be alright for walking in? If they don't have a hardsole wouldn't they be uncorformable for walking in (i.e. you would feel the ground?). they do look really cool through.

Liking the sound of the Fisher Price shoes......

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:44pm
Something like bobux would be fine

But apart from that, I loved Clark's First Steps, but they are a bit on the expensive side (and yes, they do grow out of them within months!)

Edited to fix name of shoes

Edited by nikkiwhyte
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:49pm
Since Daniel isn't walking I'm not 100% sure but it's all we are going to get him this winter. I don't like the idea of putting a bubba in shoes with hard soles because their feet are still developing and they need to be flexible IMO. And shoes at this age I think are more to protect their feet from standing on bees and stubbing toes etc. If winter is anything like last year Daniel won't be doing lots outdoors anyway and if he is it will be on the lawn or concrete where it's pretty flat.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:52pm
Isla has been walking since christmas and Im still not buying her hard soles. We have a pair from t&t that my bro got her for christmas and i cant even get her feet in them cos the shoes have no flexibility at all.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:34pm
The gremlins have been walking now for about 4 months and are still in Bobux, I love that they have nice soft soles. They walk outside in them too no problems at all.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 3:49pm
i think i'm a freak - my boys didnt wear shoes till they were way past one... i didnt see a need for them as their feet as still developing.
but i have seengood ones in kmart and occasionally the warehouse - the hi hippo brand seem pretty good.

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 4:43pm
We go Bobux here. The factory shop is fantastic. The most expensive pair of Sam's for winter (the most gorgeous boots) were $20. Worth checking out if you can get to Botany.

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 4:56pm
My Mum just bought Lauren her first pair of winter boots. They are Bobux! I can't wait for her to wear them as they are so damn cute, just like minature uggboots!! So cute!!!!!!!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 6:13pm
Oh oh they sound like what sam has. They are gorgeous. I am wondering if they will fit her this winter though, she has only just grown out of her Newborn ones

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 6:25pm
Jack still hasn't really worn shoes, will most likely get him some for winter though just due to the cold
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 8:43pm

Has anyone tried the Moose brand? just saw them at Farmers this evening and they look very similar to Bobux.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 9:03pm
I've recently bought Kryssi some from Warehouse. She's still not walking, except around furniture, so it's more to keep her warm (with socks) and look fashionable Always go for a very soft sole until they have mastered walking in shoes.
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 12:40pm

I found the Pitter Patter ones (from Farmers and Baby City - just under $20 a pair) GREAT!  Ella lived in them when she began walking, because they gave her traction on hard floors and I was sick of her slipping over & crying the minute she wandered into the kitchen.  They're much like Bobux, but I actually think they're a little better - comfier on Ella, and a better price.  100% Leather.  Only thing is, if the child wants to walk around outside in them they'll have a far shorter life.   I wanted to leave it as long as I could before putting her in rigid shoes, as their feet bones are still developing for so long - the less they're in shoes, the better.  (Try telling that to Miss Ella and her shoe obsession though). 

Andie
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 4:42pm
i have this problem too! Luke is crawling everywhere and pulling to stand so he needs shoes especially crawling on concrete. Got a pair from the warehouse hopeless!! Kmart is better or No 1 shoe they have soft soles and thet stay on.
He only wears them at daycare, when he's crawling outside.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>