FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDisposables for newborn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disposables for newborn
    Posted: 21 November 2009 at 1:09pm
Any favourite disposable nappies for newborns or are they all much the same?
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 1:49pm
I prefer huggies, but it all depends on the shape of your baby really (sorry that probably wasnt much help) lol
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 2:30pm
Huggies - my skinny daughter just didn't fit treasures.
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 3:24pm
I am going through this now, we started with Treasures Ultras, then Pams, then Babylove and have settled on Huggies - I loathe this because they are soooo expensive but they are the only ones that keep the poop in!

I am hoping that once the poo explosions settle down (apparently it happens about now) I can swap back to something a bit cheaper. But I certainly wouldn't buy loads of one type thats for sure!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 8:40am
Poo explosions. Haha, something to look forward to for completely novice parents.

Thanks all! Will keep an eye out for cheapo Huggies.
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:31am
Poo-splosions are amazing - it used to shock me how MUCH poo could come out of somebody so little. And if you're unlucky - it's up the back, and all the way up the tummy at the front, out the sides, down the leg.... there will be times when you're running a bath and changing the bed at unexpected times....
Pinkygirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 8:38pm
Huggies all the way. I also found with DS taht we would have leakage issues with Treasures, and found babylove newborn to be very small. It is interesting as now he is 61/2 months I have to change him more often with a less expensive nappy than with huggies, so you are not really saving in the long run by buying cheaper nappies. Don't buy heaps of newborn though as they grow so fast.
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:04pm
Huggies are nearly always on offer somewhere. You can usually pick up the small packs (ie 30 newborn) for $10 for one of the supermarkets. When there is a good deal on i tend to stock up.

Never pay full price for Huggies if you can help it!

Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:35pm
Huggies here too. Once they get older cheaper nappies work fine or you can use cheapies during the day and Huggies/Treasures at night.
Two little girls under 2!

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 7:33pm
Huggies here too. We still use Huggies until I find some MCNs that suit the girls. We tried Treasures, Pams and Baby Love but always went back to Huggies.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 7:57pm
huggies here too...nothing else worked for leakage for us.. and we still only use huggies..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 8:07pm
I just used whatever was on special week to week. I did find that Huggies seem to have a smaller cut, so they fit better when the girls were really tiny (as in first born), whereas some of the other brands were cut a bit bigger and tended to swim on them.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 10:13am
Huggies are currently on special at the Warehouse online - $36.95 for those big boxes. And it's free delivery until Tuesday if you spend over $30.
BlaBla_152 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaBla_152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 10:39pm
I found huggies wonderfull for my NB. Also genie bamboo wipes are great.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 11:03pm
Huggies give us the least leaks, treasures were O.K but she leaked a fair few times in those too.

So I say Huggies.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:35am
Woolworths Select. Cheaper than Huggies and so far have held in the leaks really well.

Edited by Bobbie

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:42am
Huggies - we tried so many and Huggies were the only ones not to give our girl a sore, rashy bum. Even now, at over 2, she can only wear Huggies or Homebrand - all the others still make her rashy. Homebrand are AMAZING and so CHEAP!! But they only start from crawler size - I would recommend them to everyone with a bigger bub.
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 5:44pm
Thanks. I love a definitive answer! Huggies it is. In fact I went and bought some on sale from the Warehouse online (thanks Spirals!).
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 8:35pm
Oop edited my above post to give the right name.

littlefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 2:17pm
We tried heaps and even now keep going back to Huggies although I used Treasures Ultra a couple of times too.
You can use cheaper brands but will be changing your baby more often so for the price Huggies works out about the same I reckon!

The best tip I have regarding number 2s is if they get sick put them in cloth - I scoffed at my auntie who told me but last time he had the runs it would shoot out of a disposable but the cloth soaked it up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>