FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDivaCup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DivaCup
    Posted: 13 September 2010 at 1:28pm
hi,

just wondering whether anyone has any experience with these?
Divacup is a "reuseable cup" mestrual cup (coud say) that can be used instead of pads or tampons during periods...
(see.eg. www.scamps.co.nz ...under women essentials)

I m thinking about trying it as the idea of not having to buy pads/tampons every month sounds great.

any positive/negative experiences?

Thank you very much.
iceland
Sponsored Links

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 1:40pm
I tried a similar one and didn't like the mess. But we had a seperate loo and bathroom so I had to take it out, empty it then go to the bathroom to clean it and put it back in.

I also found it really hard to put in proberly and getting it out was a mission.
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 1:46pm
I use a Femmecup, same thing - different brand.
I love it and wish I'd tried it sooner!
It took me one cycle to get used to placing it and removing it but once I got that down it was fine.
I found my periods got much less crampy and a little bit lighter too since using it too.

Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 3:38pm
i have a moon cup and now that i have the hang of getting it in it is fab!

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 5:02pm
I use a mooncup and love it - will never go back to tampons/pads again!

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:24am
I understand the concept, how do you get on if you need to empty while out, say at a shopping centre?
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:58am
You don't actually have to rinse it out each time you empty. You can just give it a wipe with toilet paper and pop it back in until you're home.
Or if you don't want to do that you can always use a squirty, pump-type water bottle over the toilet bowl to give it a quick rinse.

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 9:32am
thanks for your comments. so, in the end i got a Femmecup and got to try it the day it arrived:-)
It s cool... I expected it to be more tricky to use at the begining, but no, it s great & works well...!!!
.it s so liberating not having to worry about supply of tampons and paying any money to the companies who make them too!
so, big yay here:-)
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 12:00pm
Any problems with leaks over night?
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 1:34pm
well as to leaks overnigh....
i d say depends what flow do you have...

personally i had to get up once at night and early morning on my day 1 and 2 but i have a very heavy flow.....but this wasnt a problem, as somehow i wake myself up for this........
(during the day on these heavy days i needed to empty the cup every 2- 3 hours, 15mls...but i had to do the same with tampons anyway
Then during the rest of the period, the cup was ok to emty 2x a day or even just once and no leaks overnight at all.

so, i d say unless you have a heavy flow you ll be fine overnight too.... (as i was on my lighter days)

what about others, what are your experiences.???

well, hope this helps...

Edited by iceland
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 1:37pm
I haven't had to empty overnight, but do as soon as I get up in the morning otherwise it will generally leak, on those first couple of heavy days at least.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 2:53pm
I wear a cloth pad overnight for the first heavy day as back up anyway ... but generally if i get up and empty it first thing it is ok.

Ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 9:34am
I have a Keeper (same idea) and I don't have an extremely heavy flow it seems, because I empty it morning and night and I'm fine. So I only need to remove it when I'm out if it's shifted and is uncomfy for some reason.

I have had it leak when I'm sitting for a really long time (several hours without moving around) and on planes, fairly reliably. I'm not sure if the flying problem is one of air pressure or sitting, but now I use a pad as well because cleaning up such a mess in an airplane toilet is not something I want to do again!

Ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 9:35am
And I found googling for different ways to fold it really helped with insertion at first. Because the method the packet recommends isn't the one I use, and that made a world of difference.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 12:37pm
I've got a lady cup. Love it, I do have to make sure it's over my cervix as it's usually really low at some points during AF, but I can tell this by how it pops into place. I just had my AF while on hols & it was great, just wiped with loo paper when out & rinsed when I was back home.

At the start I used lubrication to help get it in the right place. Now I don't need to at all.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 1:50pm
Im quite keen on trying one of these, but after googling the brands, I am now very confused as to what one to get....

I am over 30 and have had 3 kids.
AF is probably pretty normal...as in not very heavy!

Any recommendations?
Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 3:14pm
hi,
i have to say it did take me a while to finally go and try one.... this discussion gave me a "kick" and chased away any doubts about them....and it s great!!
i m new to it (so far used it once) but it s been such a liberating experience and i m a "convert now".:-)
I recomend "femme cup"... cheeper then the diva cup i ve first saw...but the same thing.
I m over 30 with 2 kids... and dont think there s need to worry about sizes (diva has 2) but not much difference i d say.
It m happy with it and have pretty heavy flow on first days..
Good luck & hope youll find one that will work for you!!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 9:40pm
Dunno, I just went with one off mothers instinct but there is a website around, I'm sure the link is on Ohbaby somewhere about comparing each one. I just went with a pretty coloured one
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 8:40am
I just ordered a mooncup last Friday! Looking forward to saving money on tampons thats for sure!

I found a website that gave a review on all the different cups available and the mooncup seemed to be the most popular and liked to me so I went with that one. Oh and also it was within my budget of around $50. The cheapest stockist was Greenbeans online store
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 9:18am
I have a Lady Cup - love it!

Went back to tampons while I was in Auckland last week - and when I got home and changed back to LadyCup was so much more comfortable!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>