FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSleeping Bags

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
anna99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sleeping Bags
    Posted: 10 March 2011 at 2:23pm
Hello everyone. Can you please recommend the best sleeping bags you found and why? winter weight. Thank you!
Sponsored Links

Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:01pm
I use a merino Go Go Bag...I love it because it's merino so regulates the baby's temperature, is easy to use, washes well and can be put in the dryer on low. I've used a standard weight one all through summer too except for a couple of stonking hot days.

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 4:06pm
I use a GroBag 2.5 tog (so winter weight) and love it. I am also going to invest in a Merino Nature Baby one as I think you need two- well if you have a reflux baby anyway!
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 4:13pm
We've got a winter weight and standard weight MerinoKids Gogo bags as a present and I really love them. They seem hideously expensive though. But I have to say that since they get used every night and every day you'd still get your money's worth out of them. Particularly if you could get them 2nd hand off Trademe or during a sale.

Oh and I agree with lostAmber. I don't even have a refluxy baby but I'd still recommend you get 2. They don't happen often but the odd explosive poo or bout of vomiting and you will be very grateful of a spare.
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
KatzWtgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatzWtgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 4:33pm
Also recommend the Merino Kids go-go bag. I got two from my sister after they had been used by her two, and they still look like new. Awesome quality, and DS instantly slept better when he wasn't able to kick off his blankets.
[IMG]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/rGG7p13.png]
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:08pm

For winter I love my baby caterpillar sleeping bag (merino). I have a winter weight go-go bag as well but the baby caterpillar one feels a lot thicker and warmer.

Def agree with getting 2

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:51pm
If you did want to get a new Merino Kids Go Go Bag I suggest trying this seller on trademe. I got mine for the starting bid, making it much cheaper than buying from Merino Kids, for exactly the same, brand new product.
I love a good deal

Edited by Mealz79

Booski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:38pm
Yip, I'd recommend gogo bags too. I had a grobag in winter weight and the poly filling made dd1 sweat, so I went into the shops and had a tutto with 4-5 merino bags and found go gos to be the best. I don't use winter weight tho - even tho we're in Dunedin - I prefer to heat the room if its that cold

HuMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 2:01pm
I love my gogo bag. Mine summer weight tho. In winter I have woolbabe as DS room gets really cold. Its awesome and so warm. Sleep store stock them and often have discounts for buying 2. Gogo bags while expensive usually sell well second hand on trademe.
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:43pm
I have got a Woolbabe sleeping bag. The Sleep Store said it was the warmest sleeping bag they stock. So far I have found it great.
mammaE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammaE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 9:24pm
I have two woolbabe winter weight sleeping bags and love them. They have wool filling instead of cotton like most other bags, so warmer and they are slightly cheaper then the gogo bags. I bought mine last year when the sleep store had them on special, two for $230. Definitly worth every cent.
NikkiCham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiCham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 5:55pm
Had a grobag and loved now. Now have him in Aden and Anais and am really happy with them.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:41pm
Great thread, I've been wondering this myself, so good to feel a bit more informed

Do you add blankets on top during winter or find the sleeping bags are enough?

Edited by chelle
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:42pm
With the Go Go Bags, they are enough. The bag comes with a chart of how many layers you need under the bag depending on the room temperature...

NikkiCham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiCham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 3:21pm
I reckon the best place to buy through is the Sleepstore (online) as they give you all the info on how hot the room should be, when to use the bag extra so maybe check them out??
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:07am
Also recommend Merino Kids Go Go Bag. We have the standard weight for winter and heat the room.

I also have a 1.0 tog Grobag for summer which I LOVE!! It's so nice and soft and they are cute designs.
I was tempted to get the 2.5 tog for winter but the Go Go Bag is merino and regulates temperature so seemed more practical.
bebebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:13pm
Interesting thread. Ta
Im looking at getting one, but don't want to get a merino kids gogo bag, as I don't like they are made in China.
Thinking now maybe a Baby Caterpillar, as I like the idea of it being all merino, made in NZ.
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:39pm
I don't think they are made in China, I think it's India...but would need to check that. Can't ATM, DS is in it!
ETA: Designed and NZ owned, but not made here.

Edited by Mealz79

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 9:55am
If you go onto the Sleepstore website under sleeping bags and sleep suits you can choose "Made in NZ bags". There is a few on there that are on special at the moment including a baby caterpillar one.

The Sleepstore don't sell Go Go bags anymore.
BayGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:44am
I just have a marino one from Baby Factory. Not as flash or as warm as go go bags but it does the trick. I still cover her up with blankets when i go to bed but it's warm enough that i know when she wiggles out of her blankets she'll still be warm. And she can go to sleep and move around the cot without any blankies and still be toasty.

Would like a go go bag but $150 is a bit extreme for us when i already have 2 very warm knitted (by me) blankets and one big air cell blankie. $35 dollars from Baby factory was more to our budget and it is marino still.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>