FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRunning Mums in Hamilton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running Mums in Hamilton
    Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:42pm
Hey, looking for a running buddy in Hamilton. Another Mum who runs with bubs in the stroller.   I love running, and think it would be neat to meet up with another stroller pusher for a run!

I'm not talking big distances here, just something fun. :-)
Sponsored Links

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 7:03am
I'm aiming to be a running Mum ... one day! Unfortunately I'm not there yet lol
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 9:12pm
that was me two months ago Mummydee! I couldn't run 200m without being puffed and hurting! But yesterday I ran 6km. Slowly but steadly ran further each time.

Oh, but I haven't lost much weight at all from it! :-( Hopefully going forwards now I'm running longer it will melt off.... that would be so so nice! :-)
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 10:52am
Wow, 2 months? Good on you! That totally gives me hope I've been walking around the lake one day a week and last week I tried to jog some of it. I only managed to do short bursts, but it's a start eh?

Re your weight, did you take measurements? I wouldn't be surprised if your shape is changing with your fitness increasing.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 4:44pm
I would love to start running. Have never given it a go with a stroller, but I have one that is up to the challenge. How many days a week are you running smw? Where do you run? There is no way I could do 6kms right now though, i've not done any exercise since I fell pregnant Jan 2010    Maybe I should actually start using my gym membership and see if I can build up some sort of fitness on the treadmill first (easier than the road).
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 12:14pm
Oh wow, I haven't been on here for ages! We should all meet up for a run/walk sometime! (when its not raining!)

I'm still running, and totally loving it. I feel so great afterwards, it is like a drug! I'm running about 8km now with the stroller. My (wonderful) husband let me buy a new MB Terrain stroller and it is great!

And wow, now I am really noticing the weight just dropping off. And I just eat normally - I love food and generally eat healthy. I am not a dieter person - would fall off that wagon very quickly! I've lost 12kg in the last 4 months. I know it doesn't sound as much as some people, but I am looking really toned and fit. And that is without going to the gym.

Honestly, I sell the idea of running to everyone - its great.

Okay quickly gotta go, little boy just woke up screaming... oh bliss :-) PS: let me know when you want to catchup for a run
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 9:55pm
Hey, I'm a running mum in Hamilton! I should check these forums more often.

I'm loving it too - nice way to have time out while still hanging with DD, and she sleeps . Haven't really lost weight but am nervous about the exercise affecting bf so I eat plenty. Definitely keen to coincide if anyone's keen.
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 11:05am
Cool - Spacette would you be keen to catchup sometime this week for a run? Let me know when suits you. I'm free except Thurs which I've got Plunket.
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:30pm
Sounds good, how is Friday?
What sort of area are you? I'm Chartwell/Fairfield but can run somewhere to meet.
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 11:14am
Friday sounds great! We live in north Hamilton on a farm, so I always drive into town for a run.

I quite like Waiere Drive and Resolution drive for running with strollers, they are nice and flat for bubs and extra wide so you don't have to worry about dodging people! Is that far away from you?

We could meet at the big round-about Waiere and Hukanui?
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 3:44pm
Perfect, that's not far from me. Name a time to suit, as you're coming further?
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 1:53pm
Oh man, i'm heading out of town tomorrow, otherwise would have been so keen- though perhaps I should start doing some walking at the very least so I don't die after the first 200m!!
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 5:07pm
How does 10.30am sound? Or does afternoon suit you better?
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 7:55pm
Sorry I will have to raincheck!! Forgot MIL is coming to babysit. What day next week suits?
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:00pm
All good! Hmm, Tues or Fri maybe? Pretty flexible.
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 11:04pm
So, if weather gets a bit nicer by Friday would you be keen? :-)
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 9:34am
Am hoping to check out a couple of Spark events on Fri so prob would be a stretch...unless it was after 2pm or so? Otherwise could try for Tues or Wed.
smw85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 11:28am
I could do Friday 2pm or Wednesday sounds good :-)

How far did you want to run? :-)
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 9:01pm
Cool - can try for Fri? We could swap cells via PM in case of complications?
I'm easy on distance...actually, I'd better decide whether I'm running hard on Sat at club champs or not. Will check with 'coach' and get back to you!
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 8:01pm
Enjoyed the run smw, must do it again sometime. Hope your 12k went well today!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>