FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"The" Book

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Isabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The" Book
    Posted: 28 June 2011 at 9:08pm
Just in case people out there haven't yet jumped on the disgust bandwagon - please do at the facebook page; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-the-Macsyna-King-Book/140832719326817
Some of the comments are very powerful and well worded.. makes interesting reading.. Poor wee bubbas
Sponsored Links

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 9:13pm
I just saw that... so freaken sad
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 10:38pm
Yup. Have already voiced my opinion on the wall - twice actually because there was so much to say I couldn't fit it all in one post.

Missed MC July 2011
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 2:59am
Yea, there's no way I'd buy anything that would end up profiting the woman - I don't really care whether she was the one who did it or whether she was just happy to live in a situation where two poor wee ones were in such terrible danger.

If all she really wanted was 'her side of the story out there', then she'd be giving the profits to some childrens charity.

Edited by Hopes

Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:17am
What annoys me is that the case is still very open, they haven't charged anyone. So why is she writting a book that apparently tells us 'who did it' isn't this something that should be said in court and say 5yrs ago??

It's disgusting..she should have been there for them.
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:09am

Its just so wrong - like you said the case not concluded so how can they write a book and why would you want to buy it, written from such a strong bias, whether she did or did not do it, the fact is she didn't protect them either.

I hope bookstores take a stand against the book, I have noticed some smaller bookstores have refused to sell it, I just hope all the attention its getting doesn't make people curious and buy it - I am beyond disgusted.

I agree with you hopes if she was serious, then shse's be doing this to raise money to support childrens charities.

][/URL]

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:18am
I won't buy it but i would absolutely read it. Not because i believe anything thats going to be published but i'm curious. Not curious enough to fund her life of course. And agree if she has/had 'special unrevealed information' then wtf has she been holding onto it for? I remember when the little ones were first hurt and i was like 'oh how sad' but now i have my own i could actually cry every time it comes on the news. I don't understand how anyone could do anything to hurt a bubba.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:58am
according to the author, Ian Wishart, she wont be getting any of the royalties from the book

Authors views of boycott

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:16pm
I was just going to post that - also heard on talkback that its illegal to profit from a crime so if she takes any money its illegal.
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:26pm
At this point I don't even care if she has 'new' evidence. Those poor little boys were subjected to severe abuse and neglect and the whole waste of space of a family closed ranks to protect themselves rather than their children. Taonga my arse. As far as I'm concerned the whole bloody family are as guilty as each other, round em up and sterilise the lot of them.

nannyabbey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannyabbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 1:24pm
Someone should just read it then facebook who she thought did it then it would get around and no one else would need to buy the book!

I would understand if the book was written to 'highlight' and help change child abuse but there doesn't seem to be that feel about it. Sadly.
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 1:42pm
If she wanted to tell her side of the store she should have talked to the police or in court.

I know people close to the medical case and believe she is guilty for those poor wee babies lives. It makes me think impermanent sterilisation is the way to go. She had already lost her other kids to CYFS, then killed those two but can just go on and on having babies.

And guess who is paying for her to do that?????

Jelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 1:42pm
I can't like the page, facebook is made of fail.

"Sorry, your connection failed at this time. Please try again."

It's clearly not my connection as I'm still online! :P
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 2:47pm

Whilst she may get royalites from the book, does not mean she did not receive some money as an up front payment, I do not believe she has done this for free, otherwise why would she not have just given all this supposed new info in court.

][/URL]

JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by crafty1 crafty1 wrote:

If she wanted to tell her side of the store she should have talked to the police or in court.

Absolutely. The way the family refuse to aid the investigation was disgusting, so to now have a "tell-all" book is just sickening. If she knows who killed them (assuming it wasn't her) then why not help the police?

Disgusting.
MrsH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Pillow_Fight Pillow_Fight wrote:

What annoys me is that the case is still very open, they haven't charged anyone. So why is she writting a book that apparently tells us 'who did it' isn't this something that should be said in court and say 5yrs ago??

It's disgusting..she should have been there for them.

They did charge someone - Chris Kahui. He was arrested and charged with the crime and then aquitted; just because his defence did a good job, doesn't mean he didn't do it. All the police evidence obviously pointed to him and was enough, they thought, to get a conviction.

I wouldn't buy it but I would read it. I'd like to hear how things can get that bad. I too suspect she may have been paid a fee for her input. There've been plenty of books written in support of 'criminals' (such as Joe Karam's David Bain book) so this really isn't a new thing.

I heard Ian Wishart on the talkback and he wholeheartedly believes that she didn't do it. He also said that the information in the book is not 'news' to the police but probably will be to the public and that in the book, she reveals who she believes did do it. According to the book, she wasn't one of the people who kept her mouth shut to the police and she helped them as much as she could.

I'm just sad that no justice has been done for these little babies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 8:00am
Okay wrong wording, they have no one locked up and currently serving for the hiddeous crime they commited.

The whole family should be jailed for not saying anything. SOMEONE knows and is keeping it to themselves.
M2K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 10:39am
Im disgusted this book was published!! I agree with Pillow Fight. Although that scum won't get paid royalties from the book selling, she still get paid for telling her story. disgusting!!

Jelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 2:00pm
I heard on the radio this morning that Macsyna admitted to her boyfriend that she DID do it. She said "Chis didn't do it, I did it." and then wouldn't say any more.

I wonder where the police are going to go with that.

ETA: That's what he says, I'm not sure if we can believe that though.

Edited by Jelly

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 7:59pm
Jelly, I saw on the news tonight that said ex boyfriend later went on to admit he wasn't great at truth telling and then when asked again weather she had said those things to him he said no. Then he claimed the convo was recorded on his cellphone which has been examined and they found nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>