FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI know you’ll be wondering how it went

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I know you’ll be wondering how it went
    Posted: 14 March 2007 at 10:47am
It didn't go how we expected it to go, how we hoped it would, or how we wanted it to.

I'm working on a blog post because there's a lot of information, and I only want to say it once. I'll let you know when the post is up.

Essentially, we have been classed with unexplained infertility, and have been recommended to wait 2 to 3 years (yes, years) before proceeding with fertility treatment ...and as far as that goes, our only option is IVF.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 11:01am
I am sorry to hear things didn't go to plan. I see no reason to wait any longer if you want to proceed to private IVF you should be able to do it immediately. What are your thoughts Ginger?
Lou
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 11:13am
I'll have to read your blog entry for today to see what happened.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 11:17am
Ah, well ... we couldn't have it being easy now, could we?

After the appointment, Al and I went for a coffee to discuss our plan. We will wait 12 months. We won't go on the waiting list. When we get to 12 months, we'll pay for the private cycles. There is no way on earth that I'm giving it 2 to 3 years. 12 months I can manage, and we can try to have some time not living our life for this thing. But that's our time frame.
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 11:31am
oh thats so unfair ginger, i was really hoping for a better outcome for you.

am glad you have a decent plan of attack that you and dh are happy (??) with, but its still not fair.

Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 11:54am
Originally posted by xanthesmum xanthesmum wrote:

oh thats so unfair ginger, i was really hoping for a better outcome for you.

am glad you have a decent plan of attack that you and dh are happy (??) with, but its still not fair.

What she said!

I've been following even if I haven't been posting... and now I just want to second what xanthesmum said, and add
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:04pm
Awww I don't think that's fair at all! You've already been TTC for nearly two years, doesn't that count at all?

I hope you had a good friend's shoulder to cry on last night
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:13pm
That sucks Ginger. Maybe the Ladle would have come in handy to beat the doctor over the head with. to you guys.   

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:34pm
That's fantastic that you have a plan of attack. I know for me, that once I had a plan, even though it wasn't exactly the outcome I had hoped for at the time, it seemed to take a lot of the pressure off in the interim. I hope you can take some time out for you and DH, and I will pray that a natural BFP will come your way while you are waiting.
Lou
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:36pm
I third what Xanthe's Mum said, and am crossing fingers hard for a BFP in the meantime.
Some more from me too.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:39pm
Sending you big hugs honey....I don't know what else to say...

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 1:12pm
Thanks everyone ...it does mean a lot. I'll be fine - I just feel as though things have been unended mightily. I've done the post anyway - I don't think I've forgotten anything ...

Hopefully now that I've written it all out, it's the first step in this, and we've only got 364 days to go
LuluBelle85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 1:15pm
Hey Ginger

Sorry to hear it didn't go the way you wanted.
We have been seeing someone for about a year and ahlf and are still absolutely no where.
I totally feel your frustration.

Anyhoo, just wanted to give you some s

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 1:43pm
Ginger,

I'm so sorry it didn't go the way you wanted it to big big to you and DH.

I sincerely hope you get the baby you want and a lot sooner than three years.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 2:24pm
Hi Ginger
I've just read this post and then popped over to your blog. Hope the next 364 days goes to plan.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 2:52pm
I'm really sorry to hear that your appt wasn't as successful as you might've hoped. Best of luck with the next year Ginger & DH.

I too have been reading your blog and would like to say you're doing a fantastic job. You write so well... and in such an amusing way too (not that I'm suggesting the topic is amusing in any way).

Thinking of you & hoping like anything things work out for you - and soon

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 4:25pm
Ginger, I had a read and how unfair. But like you said 364 days to go. I had a read of a previous entry about your goings on with Massey and good to hear they gave you the money back.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 5:22pm
Ginger real sorry things didn't go as planned.
Have you considered adoption, the reason i ask is my mum and dad had unexplain infertility and the adopted me! at just 2 weeks old, i still remember my mum telling me the route she drove to pick me up.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 7:05pm

So sorry it didn't go as you hoped Ginger.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 8:53pm
Hey ginger i have sent you a pm i hope your feeling ok chicka!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>