FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSuggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions
    Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:21am
I dont know where else to put this but i was wondering Emma if it was possible to make a Cloth Nappy Forum/Area to talk about them seeing there are so many users here...
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:30am
Good idea Jess. Cloth nappy talk has kinda overtaken the Product Review section!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:06am
Totally!

Speaking of which i got my Bum Genius naps and i LOVE them Ella had one on with 2 inserts for night and i jsut changed it from 3am and its still got loads more to take
thunderwolves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderwolves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:33am
good idea, esp for us that are kinda new to the cloth idea, and thinking about changing, would be easier than trying to read through all the old threads

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:30pm
Yup that is a good idea
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:15pm
Hmmmm, will check with the boss type person...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:19pm
Might I suggest The Nappy Network ? They have reviews and discussions on just about every different type of MCN out there, and I know that more than a few OhBaby! members are also TNN members (myself included).

Edited by jax
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:25pm
That's why we haven't had a dedicated board for cloth so far, but if there's enough interest I *might* be able to sell the idea to the boss...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:28pm
I have signed up to the nappy network but I don't really like going on it because there are SOOOOOOOO many boards that it takes years to go through them that I end up getting annoyed
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:35pm
Yeah we are kinda a big community over there

It's not so bad....you only really end up reading the relevant forums...of course if you're like me that almost all of them!

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:34pm
Yer i think coz i spend most of my time on here its easier than going to TNN. So figured its easier to have a board here to. Like Stacey has said its to big and all we need is somewhere to ask basic questions and not have to sift through them all. Plus at least we know everyone here im not overly keen about having to get to know MORE people for nappy questions when i know there is a fair decent supply of experts on here

Im up for one on here whos with me
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:37pm
Well, best of luck Emma... considering Huggies is an OhBaby! sponsor

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:53pm
Sorry will rephrase...

We will have to see what Emmas Boss says i personally dont see tooo much of a problem...there are many sites out there that sponsor them and they have "competition" on the sites...

Just will be cool if there is a cloth section

Edited by JessandEllaG
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 9:05am
I'm with Jess. I've been over to TNN but it's a bit daunting, a huge forum site with so many more people to get to know.

I'm hoping it wouldn't be that difficult to arrange it on here. After all, OhBaby Forums is not selling the idea of MCN, we're already doing those topics, it's just a separate place for them to go (tidier). At the moment a lot of our questions all get grouped into one topic and that's a bit confusing for newbies who are left to wade through or re-ask.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 9:46am
I concur Busymum
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 9:52am
TNN does have a section for those who are new to cloth to ask questions...its called New To Cloth?

i just wonder tho if we have a section for cloth stuff then someone else will want a section for disposable users then someone else will want a section for sewing (off the top of my head) then one for boys only, then a dads only, then a .....and it goes on and on... and then we too run the risk of being that big confusing site that no one really wants to visit.

would it not be better perhaps to sticky the main cloth thread we already have? and maybe when someone clicks on "active topics" the sticky topics are brought up also.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 9:53am
jax i'm pretty sure that unlike some boards or plunket or other organisations in the baby industry the sponsor of this site cant dictate what topics we discuss..(well i hope so anyway... cause that would be very sad and i would stop coming here if huggies had that much influence.)

Edited by gandt

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 10:05am
In my previous post, I was just pointing it out as it may be one of the issues that comes up when Emma asks Ange about it, I never said it would be impossible.

I think your idea is spot on Deb, sticky-ing would definitely help.

Edited by jax

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 10:22am
I agree with Deb about stickying one or two nappy threads, otherwise, condisering the strength of some of you ladies addictions, ohbaby runs the risk of becoming a cloth site!!!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 10:37am
yep - good point - some of those clothies are really addicted ...

jax - was going to Pm you but your inbox is full...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>