FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedrescue remedy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rescue remedy?
    Posted: 01 April 2007 at 9:30pm
can anyone who has used this give me some more info about it. is it for those moments when you get really stressed or an everyday thing or what? any info appreciated.
cheers.

Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 9:43pm
Yer its spose to help calm you down. You can use it in labour aswell to help keep you calm etc. I used it alot during my periods when i would get a bit tooo titchy and stressed.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:04pm
hmmm, well i'm not planning on going into labour any time soon. so anyone with some info on applying it to everyday situations.

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:09pm
Not an everyday situation thing but I know of woman that have taken it before walking down the aisle at their wedding. And people taking it before going to a job interview.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:12pm
so i gather then it doesnt make you feel all spacey and out of it...???

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:21pm
I've used it when feeling a little "highly strung" and it works nicely, and, no, it doesn't make you feel all spaced out, lol!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:52pm
I use it when I feel "highly strung" too. Was tempted to give Maya and her wiggle bottom some last night to settle her down but couldn't find anything on the bottle about what age you can use it from (it just says safe for all the family)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:54pm
yeah I read somewhere about using it to help kids sleep, was tempted to try it on Jake as even phenergan dosen't seem to work anymore...but couldn't find on bottle what age from?
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:59pm
I suspect the 'wiggly bottom' was worms so have duly wormed her today, but was NOT going to the pharmacy at 10pm last night to buy worm tablets and Maya was inconsolable. Ended up dumping her and Willie in the spare bed and making a run for it.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 12:03am
My mum usses Rescue Remedy fairly often - she has quite a stressful job and often takes it when she's expecting employee trouble etc (she's in retail). She totally swears by it - took it on my wedding day too (LOL - I on the other hand was OK) It does not appear to make you spaced out or anything - I'd never guess when mum has taken it.

sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 7:33am
I use mine before having to fly, as it's something that I hate. Seems to help (although, probably all in the mind!)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:11am
No it doesnt make you feel spacey
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:13am
I use it often to relax me in a sressful situation. I too used it on my wedding day and it was a god send. It does not change how you feel (eg spaced out) etc but just relaxes you somehow. I totally recommend it!
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 9:34am
I got told to use it to help with Jet lag. Be good if I could get somethign for Rhyley to sleep but really rather not use anything on his so early on.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:12am
The one I had was made up at the pharmacy and can be used for wee babies and children right through to adults.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:34am
Ask your local naturopath shop or call the Weleda number, I just bought some Weleda stuff but haven't used it yet.. good to know it is meant to help with sleep, might try it on Ella when we go overseas later this year.

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:34pm
I have used Rescue Remedy for Erin since she was a few weeks old, after consulting with our cranial osteopath, who is also a homeopath.

I'm quite a fan of it too, helps me unwind esp. if it has been a long day.
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:58pm
lol i used it before my wedding. It was okay didnt make me spacey or anything. Only downfall is you cant get drunk on it. tee hee

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:10am

I've been a fan of Rescue Remedy for years -- I've been using it since I was at uni and needed to calm down before a big exam. It's made from flower essences and is harmless to children and even pets (I have given it to my dog in his water bowl). You either put a few drops on your tongue, or in a glass of water, or you can get the new pastilles (wee gelatine drops) that some pharmacies are carrying. It is great for stressful situations or when you're suddenly caught up in an emotional issue. I've used it for myself when I'm in a hurry and get stuck in a long queue, or have to deal with the customer service people at my internet provider, or when I am at the supermarket and Em is screaming her head off while I'm trying to finish the shopping. I've given it to Em when she gets overtired -- it doesn't help her sleep, it just calms her down and helps her to relax into being tired so she can go to sleep. It's fabulous!

Here's the info on it from the original manufacturer (Bach):

http://www.bachflower.com/Rescue_Remedy.htm

It's a little pricey but as you only use four drops at a time, it's worth it. I've got a pack of the pastilles in my handbag -- from memory it cost about $10 and it's lasted me about 5 months (and I've got enough left for another month or so).

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by fattartsrock fattartsrock wrote:

I've used it when feeling a little "highly strung" and it works nicely, and, no, it doesn't make you feel all spaced out, lol!!

This is exactly how I'm feeling today so I presume it's safe to take during pregnancy? Does anyone know?

ETA: Just found this on the website:

Bach Flower Essences© and Pregnancy.
Bach Flower Essences are extremely helpful during pregnancy, when the expecting mother goes through a wide range of emotions. The Bach Flower Essences restore peace of mind when the mother feels fearful, tired, overwhelmed, impatient and other emotions related to pregnancy. Rescue Remedy and Walnut are very useful during labor.

Edited by sally belly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>