FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappy bags

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AN E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AN E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappy bags
    Posted: 08 April 2007 at 10:39am
OK, so there are a lot of nappy bags out there. What are some of the good features, and bad features to be aware of?
Sponsored Links

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 11:59am
I am interested in this too! There are so many different types!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 12:36pm
I didn't think this was going to be a problem until I started looking at what was out there! Help us
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 3:53pm
I have a backpack one and its great, as I can put it on my back and still have the basket under the pram to put things in.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 4:38pm
I got a kapoochi (sp?) one off trade me. It can be like a sling type one but it's also got the backpack handles tucked into a pocket which is great cause I can choose which I feel like using at the time. It's a nice size too, not too huge and fits nicely in my pram.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 5:10pm
Ok so I had a better look at my bag. It's a babygear one (from Farmers). Has 3 zip pockets with the big one also having a mesh pocket inside it as well as I wet pocket on the other side. Has bottle holders on either side of the bag (they say insulated but they aren't), fits 2 baby bottles or a pump bottle nicely. The front little pocket has a place for you cell phone to go and has a little coin zipped pocket which is good to hold some loose change.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 7:46pm
I have the same as Becks, they seem quite popular. I love mine cause it can go on my back (not shoulder) and fit a heap load of stuff.
AN E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AN E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 3:04pm
Thanks for your responses. I was also told by a friend to avoid the button up ones as if you drop it things can go everywhere, but if you get a zip top, make sure that it has a big zipper tag (that can be held by your teeth to assist when trying to open with one hand).

The search continues ....
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 3:12pm
We've actually got two...

One is just a satchel style bag...nothing flash at all, great for going to the mall etc.

The other one is our big kapoochi bag...travel style, bottle holders to keep the bottles warm, plastic bag dispenser, nappy dispenser, front pocket to hold all the change stuff, zip off end that converts into a backpack with room for your wallet, phone etc and one of the bottle holders on the end. That one we use if out for a whole day or when we go to the inlaws and that one totally rocks!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 3:13pm
The bag I have has 2 zipper tags, they are little but as there is 2 you can easily get into it with one hand. Have done a number of times.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 8:47pm
We have a Kapoochi (SP?) that I got off trade me for a third of the price in shops. (Like new too)
It is a sholder carry bag, I can fit everything in it except the ktichen sink...
It has 2 end pockets for bottles, 1 insulated (not) and 1 that isn't. It has a front pocket that I have my stuff in as it has smaller holding areas within, then the big middle that holds our nappies spare clothes wipes vas and everything you could imagine. My plunket nurse still laughs at how much stuff we carry around...she thinks I am mad!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by amy amy wrote:

My plunket nurse still laughs at how much stuff we carry around...she thinks I am mad!

I think I carried around less when I had 2 than when I had 1, and now that I have 3 girls I think I carry about the same amount of stuff as I did with baby #1 lol!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 9:28pm
I have the same bag as Paws. I got it when Mercedes was a baby and used it right up until she was 3yrs (she was going to family barnados daycare everyday). I am now using it for Alize and it is excellent condition. It hasnt faded, ripped of frade (sp?). They are still selling the same model in the Baby factory and Im sure elsewhere, where they stock kapoochi

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:50pm
i have to say i have never used a nappy bag but will prob need one once number 2 arrives.
We were lucky with haleigh when she was younger as i only needed to take a few nappies one change of clothing and some wipes and bottles so my good trusty old hangbag from the warehouse did me fine. but i can see with number 2 going into cloths rather tahn disposables im going to need one lol.
so i might take a look at some of these bags to
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:17pm
i have a baby gear for big trips but i love my egg one...looks like a prof satchel kinda..is brown and black and has heaps of purse type compartments in it..esy to get to purse, cell, keys..and holds heaps...i sling it on stroller handles - was $80 at egg just pre march 7th!!!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 9:27pm
I had the Baby Gear one that Mummy_becks has when I had Maya, but the end pockets on mine were insulated.

But now I have an OiOi Nappy Bag I didn't buy it, it was a lovely maternity leave present from my lovely boss Angela, but it is sooooo good! It has a long strap so I can fit it over the back of the double buggy, and handles so I can carry it like an overnight bag too. Plus it actually fits everything I need for 2 babies - and that's a whole lot of stuff! It has 2 big compartments, one of which is divided into three so I use the three smaller bitsfor nappies, wipes, powder etc. and the change mat that came with it, and I use the other big compartment for clothes, bibs, wraps etc. My wallet, phones etc. fit in the side pockets for easy access and there are pockets on each end that fit 2 Avent bottles in each so I put the bottles in there.
Oh and it also came with an insulated bottle bag and a wipes container.

Can you tell I love it?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 11:06pm
I have bought an OiOi bag for this time around too! I love it When it first arrived I used to get it out of all is packaging and fawn over it- model around the lounge for DH, he already thinks I'm mad anyway... this just confirmed it

Handbags are my thing though, so when Dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas this is what I got-

This one has heaps of room- last time I had a kapoochi satchel and although it was nice it didn't have the room I needed. I think you're better to go bigger and have too much space than get one thats too small and have to hunt around in it for things.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 12:56pm
oooh that is yummy. If I wasn't so "careful" with $, no let me rephrase that, I am an absolute spendthrift, and Rod is carful, so my budget for a nappy bag was limited a little. If $ was no object, I'd go an Oi Oi one as well, as I', mot really into the winnie the pooh "look at me I'm a nappy bag" look, I prefer discreet (still a rock and roller at heart..)and the yummy egg ones weren't around when I was preg with Jake, so I got a dark blue Ryco satchel that has an insulted pocket, outside pocet for dummy/keys, one for cell ph, plus 2 outside zip compartments and a large roomy interior with a change mat inside. I have found it great, sling across shoulder for satchel look, or (more likely) hang over pram handles. cost me about $40 I think? Anyhow, is really sturdy and dosen't look gay.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 9:21am
Ive got a babygear backpack. I love it!!
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:49am
my mum has offered to buy me a new nappy bag for No2 cos I keep moaning about how ugly the one I have is at the moment and now you girls have convinced me to get a oioi one. I did think it was a bit expenisive but ah, stuff it!
Wah ho, shopping online here I come

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>