FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedchinese products - are you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 3:11pm
Mokopuna Merino is 100% NZ made from NZ products
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 3:19pm

The Mokopuna clothes are beautiful, but not sure many of us can afford to spend $50 on a pair of pants!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 3:45pm
I know, that's what sucks. That you have to pay more for safety.
Altho the Mokopuna stuff is reaaaally cute, my girls have the little wrap dresses and leggings
Oh and I told a slight fib, it's not NZ made, they manufacture the garments in China but the fabric is NZ made and they have the PH levels of everything checked to make sure they are within safe ranges. I had to go back and read their press release to clarify.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 10:14pm
I just got this email from Just Kids - interesting, I hope the rest of the baby/kids stores do something similar. Awesome to see they had their stuff for this season tested, although I'd be interested to see whether they do it every season from now on, or just while it's a hot media topic.

Formaldehyde Update
Following our website release last month, Just Kids is able to report that formaldehyde testing has now been completed on the entire Summer Launch range of Just Kids’ clothing.

As a basic background, formaldehyde may be found in either bound or free states in fabrics. The free form of formaldehyde is considered to be potentially harmful. The “textile method” test ascertains the amount of free formaldehyde in fabric, and is used internationally.

Testing of the entire Summer Launch range of Just Kids’ clothing was carried out independently using the “textile method” of testing. All tests confirmed that Just Kids clothing does not contain any traceable levels of free formaldehyde.

These results reaffirm that the approach we are taking to ensure our customers receive quality clothing is working. The outcome of these tests will give you, as our customers, a sense of reassurance and security when purchasing clothing for your children. We see these tests as a very positive initiative and pledge to continue our longstanding commitment to the matter of safety standards in children’s clothing.
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 7:49am
I'm on the fence with the clothing issue.. I don't want to freak out otherwise Ella will be going naked for a while I was born in the 80's, which is when all the Made in China products started appearing.. so I've grown up with clothes made exclusively in China (with the odd knitted jumper from Grandma ) so who knows what kind of chemicals were in my clothes?!?!

It's hard to know whether the standards in China have been slipping, or if they've always been this way - and the big companies are just pretending that they didn't know because the media has got ahold of this news. Maybe the standards have always been low, and no one wants to admit it.

Either way, I'm glad the news has become public knowledge and something might change.

btw, I am buying peanut butter made in Australia and tomatoes (the only ones I could find!) that are made from local ingredients and made in Italy!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12