FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober ’06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 120>
Author
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 10:04am
OMG! what a night couldn't get James to sleep till 12 last night I thought his ears might of been sore so gave him some pamol but that didn't seem to do anything he was feeding of and from 7 and was fine until I tried to put him to bed so finally got him to sleep by lying down with him and feeding him on the couch.

I was also trying to do the weeks baking as well at the same time and Jesse was being an ar$se about going on about how he needs his sleep and what I don't.

I hope James gets better soon he's just been such a grumpy bum.

Sorry for the little vent

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 10:12am
Oh no Danni, hope James is better soon! Isla has been the same with her ear infection. Took her to Dr last Mon- got antibiotics, she was still up all evening, and then waking everyfree hours, for ages each night by fri so took her back. He gave her Nurofen to take at night for pain, cos it gets worse when they lie down, and it really helped.
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 10:21am
I will see what he's like tonight and take him back tomorrow if he hasn't improved he fast asleep at the moment so I'm getting all the housework done in between jumping on here so I can have a nana nap this afternoon.

Thanks for that Kellz thats probably why the nurse asked me if I had Nurofen at home on Sunday sometimes I wish nurses were allowed to prescribe certain medicines. I'm sure sometimes they seem a bit more on to it.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 10:30am
Poor James! I hope you get a chance to rest this arvo Danni
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 2:14pm
Hope tonight is better Danni. You poor thing - and poor wee James.
This thread is great - haven't been on for few days as have visitors staying. So good to read what other babies are doing routine wise and with eating. It is reasuring. I love our Oct toddlers group!
Oliver has one day sleep after his lunch - normally around twelve or twelve thirty and it is for about two hours sometimes longer. He is also getting harder to feed so don't worry Andie, Ella is not the only one. I am now struggling more with feeding him off a spoon too Kellz (unless he is holding a rusk which seems to distract him - I put the spoon in his mouth in between sucks!) I am not very good with finger food but am really trying hard now. I still get so worried about the choking. He eats toast fingers and wee bits of soft fruit but I haven't tried all that much else. I really must make an effort with it - esp since he obviously wants to be more independent.
I also notice Ollie is so much more determined and has wee tantrums too.
Do you have many things you say "No" to. I do for the TV but sometimes I think it makes it into more of a game. He keeps racing back there and smiles - little monkey!
Shelley - you asked about the nought to five prog. One cool thing I remember was they showed a wee activity to help develop their vestibular system. You put them on a towel or blanket and drag them along the floor - like a sled. I have been doing it with Oliver and he loves it. Also putting them in a blanket (like a hammock) and you and your partner swing it above the ground. Lots of fun!
Andie I saw you and Ella in the latest treasures magazine. You looked like such a nice Mummy and Baby.
I have got heaps of people staying this week. It is nice but also hard. I miss having just even ten minutes to myself!
Have a good rest of the day everyone - sorry this turned into a novel.
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 2:25pm

All the best for your nana-nap plans, Danni.  It's hard to feel loving towards our partners when they're busy whinging about needing their sleep and you're already sleep-deprived... hugs to you, chick!   Jono had a veruca burnt off his foot yesterday... he said last night 'oh the pain, Andie, it really hurts... it's worse than contractions!'.  Ba ha ha ha!!!  Sure it was!  I told him he's just a pussy. 

I just found 2 cute dresses and some gorgeous pants amongst Ella's clothes that she's not yet worn... all way too small for this summer.  Grrrr!!  I've reluctantly listed them on TM.  What a waste!  Anyway, I'd better get off of here and into the kitchen - got a bit of baking to get done. 

Dontcha just love that we're up to page 3 on here already!!  Yeah! 

Andie
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 8:23pm
Katie: Yes I did see that one and thought it was a fantastic idea and Lily just loves it.

Hope James is alot better today Danni...

lynne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 10:23pm
Hey all....
Just got sent this link from a friend and wondered if I could join in the chit chat here???
Hi to Angel and Maya's mummy...LOL good to see some names I know.
Charli is my oct baby....LOL in the toddler section even though I feel she is so not near a toddler yet.
Look forward to getting to know you all
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 7:03am
Wow! Three pages already!!

Hi Lynne, welcome to OhBaby! These ladies are lovely, hope you like it here!

I cannot believe we are in the toddler section, I am not ready fo this!! Kaia doesn't even crawl yet so I refuse to believe that she is nearing toddler-dom.

Kaia has three bottles a day, sometimes four. And she is relatively good at eating. Loves finger foods. She is getting harder to feed at mealtimes but I find she enjoys feeding herself with a spoon, so we each have a spoon and I can cram food in in-between her mouthfuls. It makes an impressive mess.

She is sleeping much better, thank goodness. She is still on various medicines and has an inhaler. But she seems more comfortable and settled.

Danni, I hope you and James are both feeling better.

Kellz, I feel for you and little Isla. Ear infections are painful. I hope she is doing better and that those antibiotics have kicked in.

Andie, that sucks about finding new clothes in the drawer. I have a few cute little things that Kaia never wore. I have put them into a storage box in the wardrobe for 'next time'. I have always been a bit of a hoarder! I checked you out in the little treasures mag and you both look beautiful!!

Emma, bugg@r bout our missed playdate. I reallyt wanna catch up with you guys soon, maybe early next week?

Katie, I like that idea about dragging Kaia on a towel. I wish I had seen the nought to five program, I watched yesterdays one with Mel in it but can't seem to fix it in my head to remember it is on!

I still cannot believe our babies are going to be one soon. I have not even started preparations for the birthday! I think I am in denial.
Anna

Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 7:05am
1st Birthdays!

10: Charli - Vanessa
11: Toby - Angel
12: Ella - Andie
14: Sienna (7.45pm) - Emma
14: Mercedes (7.48pm) - Emma
17: Isla - Kellz
23: Olivier - Millie
24: Ethan - Natalie
24: Lily - Shelley & Sam
26: James - Danni
27: Brenna -Anna
27: Kaia - Anna
29: Oliver - Katie

Anna, seems you and me have more than just a name in common!

Only one week to go Vanessa!
Anna

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 8:07am

Hi, Lynne... Welcome!  Of course you can join in here!  Great to have a newbie join in the fun. 

Anna and Natalie... your photos in the sleep ad are gorgeous!!  You guys look great, and Kaia and Ethan are soooo sweet.  It's weird seeing the soothing naturals ad printed again... Seems so long ago!  Did you have fun doing the whole thing? 

Enjoy your visitors, Katie.  Hope you get some space some time!  I can handle someone in our spare room for 2 days before I just need time out.  Right - which of the October mummies are making it to the mega meetup?  Be awesome to meet you ALL

Andie
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

The gremlins and Ella will just have to be the starving, underweight grubs of the October toddler bunch then. Coz of course we NEVER feed them, and they are so deprived!

Oh crap.  That's kinda true today.  Is there an award for most neglectful mother??  For once Ella had a decent brekkie... a proper meal of it.  And since she woke very early today, I figured she'd need her little morning nap, and she was grizzling away, but refused to sleep, just threw a massive hissy-fit.  I resorted to pamol figuring since her tummy isn't right yet (yeah, jumped the gun saying her bottom problems were clearing up ) so maybe she's sore.  And at 9 I finally realised the child hadn't had a bottle yet today.  Oh My Gosh do I feel awful.  I could slap myself silly today. 

Emma I just read about the idiot pharmacist and you bubba's nappy rash - man, I hope that's all better soon.  Do you know what caused the diahorrea?  Tests came back on Ella's last week- no identified pathogens.  But it gave her a rash that ended up getting a thrush infection.  Sounds a little too familiar... Becks is dealing with the same thing too for Josh.  , Emma...  becks if you happen to pop in here!

Edited by Andie
Andie
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 10:42am
welcome lynne.....charli is my october bub too where abouts are you from?

thanks for the reminder anna!! i can't believe my baby is one in 7days time i'm just watching her crawling about the lounge, getting into everything and when i tell her 'no charli' she gives me this cheeky grin that makes me melt

she's pulling herself up on everything she can, including the dog and walking around furniture. she sleeps 7.30pm-7.30am, has a nap about 12.30-1pm til around 3.30-4pm. charli basically eats whatever i give her and will now have what we have for dinner which is alot easier.

danni i hope james is better today.....charli had a miserable day on sunday, all she wanted to do all day is sleep and cuddle me. was nice but a little hard to get anything done.

yesterday was my 'due date' so i went through all the old posts from our preggy days. it brought me to tears reliving it all again    the roller coaster of emotions charli's birth had me going through....

how many of you are going to welly soon? we were hoping to get some money for home improvements and extra to go, but that fell through so there's no way we can go now...i'm so gutted!!!

ok, novel over...sh*tty day here but really need groceries

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 10:46am
Hi Lynne and welcome to OhBaby.

Well we had a much better night last night James went to sleep at 9:30 woke up at 4:30 this morning which he doesn't do very often anymore I feed him which I'm trying really hard not to do when he wakes in the middle of the night but it was the second time I had to get up think the hail and wind woke him up then he slept till 9 so I got a little sleep in which made up for me missing out on my nana nap yesterday as James decided to sleep for 3 hours in the morning and would have a sleep in the afternoon.

Thanks everyone for thinking of us.

Andie we can't make it to Mega meet up as my parents a coming down that weekend for James' birthday

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 10:55am
*waves to Lynne* Had been wondering how you and wee Charli were getting on!

Danni - Glad to hear you had a better night with James, grrr at Jesse, you should have pushed him out of bed to make him get up! Not that I've ever done that to Willie or anything...

Andie - I have no idea what caused the diarrohea but have a suspicion that it may be the same bug as Ella and Josh have had seeing as it started a day or two after we got back so they had all been together. Maybe something they picked up at McD's? I still can't get thru to the bloody pharmacy which is making me even more frustrated, more fool them when they DO finally answer! Sienna's butt is an absolute mess, am going to go back to Curash which I know and trust, and have her in sposies atm as well.

Anna - glad to hear Kaia is doing OK with her sleeping and feeding, you must be feeling pretty relieved! The first year is nearly over and you survived! A playdate next week sounds brilliant, we can come to you if you like. And the gremlins party is the 15th, hope to see you guys there!

Kellz - how is Isla's ear doing now? Hope she is happier now!

Katie - good luck with surviving the house guests!

Whew, is that all? Man you guys have been busy!

I love our October babies oops toddlers group too! So much so that those sneaky gremlins went out and bought all their wee October friends birthday pressies!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 11:33am
Hey all,

I am going to try and make it to the Mega Meet up - will be nice to meet some of you October mums and toddlers
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
lynne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 11:59am
Thanks for the welcome all
Charli is one on the 12th oct..so not ready for that LOL.
She is not crawling yet either but bum shuffles everywhere~ so feel fake being in a toddler section LOL.
Charli is also having 3 bottles a day sometimes 4 and finally stopped wanting anything at night. She has severe reflux and some food allergies too so hard finding stuff that is easy to eat when u only have 2 bottom teeth.
Will come back later to read over what you all are up too and learn about your beautiful kiddies.
Have 4 kids running around the house like mad peoples LOL hey but it keeps my bigger boy entertained
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 3:48pm
charli has food allergies lynne.....well you'll certainly fit right in with this lot then

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 3:50pm

Heck yeah... this is the place to be for ya! 

Andie
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 6:37pm
Yep, us October lot are a tricky bunch to feed!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 120>