FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBumbo Recall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bumbo Recall
    Posted: 26 October 2007 at 3:39pm
Just saw this in the news!

link

People were putting them on top of tables with babies in them?!?!?!
Sponsored Links

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 4:20pm
I think they made a typo!!??? it says that they are suitable from about 6 WEEKS!!!???? or whenever they can hold their head up???... i think they mean 6 months????

I tried Astin in one of the gremlins ones and he had trouble keeping his head up and he has good head control.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 4:26pm
I think they are in fact for 6 weeks
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by neeandsam neeandsam wrote:

People were putting them on top of tables with babies in them?!?!?!

Yep, emma used to do it all the time with her two. No different than putting bubs in a bouncinette on the table. This just confims to me why i didnt like them tho.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 6:54pm
I think it is said that bumbo have to pay the price for peoples stupidity.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 6:55pm
I've got one, Daniel can sit in it for a while but I'd NEVER put it on the table or anywhere off the ground!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

I've got one, Daniel can sit in it for a while but I'd NEVER put it on the table or anywhere off the ground!

Neither would anyone else with half a brain cell. Now their reputation has been ruined because some people have no common sense. Its like plunket having to put in their solids information that tea, coffee and alcohol are not suitable for babies, no sh*t, who thinks they are and what the hell are the doing with babies?

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 8:07pm
A friend of mine put her 12mo in a Bumbo on the bench so she could keep an eye on her while she was making dinner. It didn't matter what that kid did, she wouldn't have been able to move it, tip it, or climb out. It would make me nervous but apparently they are fine.

I wouldn't put a bouncinette on a table/bench though cause they can slide/move when they bounce.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

Its like plunket having to put in their solids information that tea, coffee and alcohol are not suitable for babies, no sh*t, who thinks they are and what the hell are the doing with babies?

So many people out there just don't know though. It's shocking but true.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:46pm

So true Leish

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 2:00am
Weird. Mine says really clearly on the box that is should never be put on a raised surface.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

scarecrowfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarecrowfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 10:25pm
My friend uses the Bebe pod and although it's hard to do, he can definitely propel himself forward occasionally, and that was by the time he was 5 months. You've got to be a bit crazy to put it on a raised surface unless you're going to have your hand on your child the entire time to make sure they don't fall out.
Robyn
www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Jennz Jennz wrote:

Weird. Mine says really clearly on the box that is should never be put on a raised surface.

Yep I remember very clearly reading that with our one (along with don't use as a bath seat).

I don't remember reading an age though(thought it was 3months?)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 9:02am
Yeah I thought it was 3 months as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply