FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlaying the waiting game...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playing the waiting game...
    Posted: 21 November 2007 at 10:05am
I am 39 weeks pregnant, and how cocky of me to think that I would have had bubs by now!

Lucy was 3 weeks early, and with her, I felt sick the day before, then my waters broke, and I had her 8 hours later, no BH beforehand either!

With this baby, I feel like I am really overdue, not sure what to think, this is all new for me, I mean going over 37 weeks. But I have been having alot of period pains for the past 2 days, and my MW said that is a great sign, these pains are good.

Sorry for my rambling, just want to have this baby soon, going to head out into the garden this arvo, and go for it! ha ha
Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 10:09am
maybe it's a boy!! hehe

i completely understand how you feel...jack was breech so was c/s at 39weeks. i had no BH with him either. charli was a week overdue, i had BH since 28wks which got nasty for the last 2-3wks, not to mention the constant pressure on the bladder that i'd never had before

have fun in the garden, it's a great day for it!

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 10:15am
Thanks Vanessa! Maybe being out there will bring on the baby! haha
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 11:49am
Ah Lisha I feel for you, although I had Spencer at 38 weeks I was in hospital from 35 and was just sooooooooooooo over the whole pregnancy thing. I did ask about 3 obs to just get him the hell out of me!!! but they kept saying no until finally I wore them down, they had wanted me to get to 39 weeks.

Hope your having fun out the garden, just don't get sunburnt.

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:25pm
I think that I maybe have had a contraction?!!! the pain was sooo intense and lasted about 1 min, that was nearly 1 hour ago.. is this possible?? Still having dull aches now, jut waiting for another one to come
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:31pm
course its possible, i hope so! got my fingers crossed for ya
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:33pm
I have forgotten.. are they pretty spaced out to begin with? I have major tightness across my stomach.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 1:22pm
With Kiya, my first few contractions were 1 1/2 hours apart...

True contractions are tight across the lower half of your stomach, as opposed to Braxton-Hicks which are tight across the top half.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 1:56pm
Ooooh that sounds promising Lisha!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 2:56pm
Yep, these were across the lower half of my belly, haven't had anymore since this morning apart from period pain... I think I am meant to be looking forward to all of these pains, but somehow I am not!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 2:57pm
i hope this is the start lisha!!   from memory (which doesn't always mean much) true contractions definately have a peak to them?? i was getting pretty regular tightenings (like every 30mins-1hr) monday morning and didn't realise they were anything until my sis said i was in labour about 6pm

they did go away for a couple of hours about midday too, which i've heard is common

have you had anymore pains?

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 3:00pm
Hey, no not intense like this morning, just period pains and aches. Haven't been out in the garden, too sore, so have been sitting outside in the sun with my feet in Lucys paddling pool. Feeling abit sick too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 3:00pm
does the period pain come and go? the tightenings i had were like cramping and were dull but you definately knew they were happening (if that makes sense! lol)

it could be early labour or you could be like this for another week i had alot of period pain a couple of weeks leading up to charli's birth which is why i was in denial when labour had actually started!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 3:01pm
hehe   we keep cross-posting

well with the sick feeling.....definately sounds promising!!!!

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 3:06pm
The pain does come and go, and now the pain in my lower back. It seems like the pain gets a little more intense everyday though, had this for about 3 days now. Hope bubs decides to come out soon, awwwwwww
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 7:06pm

All the best and I hope something happens soon

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 7:15pm
goodluck hope that thigns get started soon and go really well for you not long now!!!
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 7:53pm
Same and thanks.. have no pain now... bet it will come back later on...
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 9:51pm
How you feeling now Lisha? any more pains?
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 7:29am
Morning all... feeling fine... no pains... bet I will have more pains later on though Bubs isn't moving at all, should I be concerned and ring my MW??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>