FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLess known brands of nappies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Less known brands of nappies
    Posted: 26 November 2007 at 2:55pm
I have a Nappy House near where I live and went in today to check it out. They had some other brands of nappies (along with huggies) and I'm wondering if anyone has tried them out.

Nappy House (Diapers Direct)

Some of the brands were DryKids, EQ-Dry and Luxus Muumi. The lady said that they were good but wouldn't be quite as absorbent as huggies so would need changing a little more often (and some weren't suitable for overnight). For the difference in price that wouldn't bother me at all. We have a couple boxes of Huggies Newborn already but want to get a few more newborn naps before we move onto MCN's.

Any advice on these at all would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 4:12pm
i used sealer nappies for jack before i moved into MCN and they were brilliant. i liked them better than huggies and found them to be just as absorbant if not more. i'd definately recommend them

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 4:15pm
I was going to suggest Sealer nappies as well. Work just as well as huggies. I would call the places like nappies online, diapers direct etc and ask for samples which they should be able to provide you with. Try them out and see what you think.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 4:22pm
luxus moomin rock....   they were better than huggies i found...

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 5:44pm
I know this isn't any of the brands you mentioned, but I had heard that signature range loving touch nappies were really good, and they were heaps cheaper than huggies so I got 176 of them. Well they are fine for day time when you are changing quite frequently but I found them hopeless for night time as Jaymie sleeps up to 12 hours and this morning she was absolutely wet through. I've never had that happen with Huggies. So I will just use Huggies at night and the cheaper ones during the day.
Lou
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Lulu Lulu wrote:

I know this isn't any of the brands you mentioned, but I had heard that signature range loving touch nappies were really good, and they were heaps cheaper than huggies so I got 176 of them. Well they are fine for day time when you are changing quite frequently but I found them hopeless for night time as Jaymie sleeps up to 12 hours and this morning she was absolutely wet through. I've never had that happen with Huggies. So I will just use Huggies at night and the cheaper ones during the day.

I found them (loving touch) to be THE MOST useless nappies i have ever used!!! I so would not reccomend them, although I know some who rave...

Edited by fattartsrock
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 11:37pm
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I should try and get a few samples first or buy small packs (really cheap anyway) just to try. Its reassuring to hear you all say that you found (most of) them pretty good.
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 10:53am

Hi Amber, OHbaby! did a disposable nappy trial with some of the brands that Nappy House stocks. We found that Luxus Muumi were brilliant, as were DryKids Premium. Here is a link to the trial's results if you want to check it out:

http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/article.aspx?ContentID=1444

I've been using both Luxus Muumi and DryKids Premium with my daughter, along with Dotties. We liked Sealer too but found they weren't suitable for nighttimes. They are great for summer, though, as they are nice and lightweight. But not the most absorbent for heavy wetters!

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 11:27am
Thanks Katherine. I thought I'd heard a few of the names on a review somewhere but couldn't find it. I'll check it out now. Cheers.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Katherine Katherine wrote:

Hi Amber, OHbaby! did a disposable nappy trial with some of the brands that Nappy House stocks. We found that Luxus Muumi were brilliant, as were DryKids Premium. Here is a link to the trial's results if you want to check it out:

http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/article.aspx?ContentID=1444

Snap! Was just going to post the same thing!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
pekemoemum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekemoemum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 10:39am
not listed here either but I buy from nappies online
dryups and cosies and have found them to be excellent value...
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 4:07pm
I use Soft Love from Baby Factory and really like them they are $11.99 for 40. I've also used Cosies from Nappies for Less which are ok..
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 4:25pm
Amber just a word of warning

Don't buy too many Newborn nappies

I brought about 5 packs and didn't use 2 of them due to Rhyley moving up to the next size so quickly. They only got up to 5kgs and well Rhyley was born 4.2kgs so didn't take him long to get there.

I use loving during the day but never used them during the night as I have always used huggies then. I find the loving good for during the day. Now I use MCN most of the time but still huggies at night (not too keen on changing everything should rhyley overflow)
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 10:11pm
cien nappies are really good too! i found those and sealers to be the best value for money and better overnight nappies than huggies

OR......you could go cloth from the very start

miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 7:31pm
cien are sold as dryups from babyonline - they rock! And in actual fact we now get the seconds from baby online, they are still the dryups brand, they just look a bit scrunched, lol! And they work out at 21 cents each.

ALso, Lily can wear them overnight, do mega wees and have no leaks, plus, she has never had nappy rash with dryups, but did with huggies and treasures.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:08pm
you can also get cien from baby supplies

Madelein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madelein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 1:01pm
i must say that i realy found it hard with buying nappies when i arrived. the huggies brands you get in SA is tataly different from the one shere so i didn't know which to buy...and they are (i think) expencive...
i bought jumbo jet nappies and i find them quite nice...they are $25 for 80 med. they fit nicly around the waist...

i also bought cunddles but they are realy crap... i have only used one and the rest of the pack is just lying here...
 Post Reply Post Reply