FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Globes have been cancelled :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Globes have been cancelled :(
    Posted: 10 January 2008 at 8:12pm

I was so looking forward to doing nothing this Monday and just sitting in front of the TV and watching the Golden Globes.

However I have been watching a lot of E channel and watched E news tonight and they have had to cancel the Golden Globes because of the writers strike .

Hopefully it doesn't affect the Oscars.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 8:20pm
mummy..sadly they seem to think it will..i wanted to watch them too and just chill:( the writers strike doesn't look like being over any time soon:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 8:26pm

I heard the same thing on the news. Also they were saying that a lot of people were losing their jobs over the strikes. Hmmm I dont know much about the ins and outs of it all but I hope they get it together soon or it just may affect the Oscars.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 8:38pm
Oh I love watching the red carpet on E! I'm really bummed too!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 8:49pm

I was looking forward to the pretty dresses and the ones that dress weirdly and now nothing. It is going to cost a bomb for LA not to have them now. The Daily 10 said that LA is probably going to lose out on $80 million.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 9:05pm
i don't know much about it.....why does it effect the globes?

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 9:24pm

Im not really sure either how it effects them

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 9:57pm
It's really hard to explain, but over there the actors etc all belong to different unions, not just one, like George Clooney said, he belongs to 6! I guess they have one for poducers/directors/writers/actors/actresses etc etc...

They are striking because they feel that they deserve royalties just like the actors etc get. At the moment they aren't getting any. The writers are needed for the awards.

Also most of the actors etc support the writers and are refusing to cross the picket line so they made the call to cancel them.

They did hold some awards the other night because they weren't effected by the strikes....

Still bummed I'm not going to get to see the pretty dresses too
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 3:59am
Yup...mainly it's that the actors won't cross the picket lines.

It's also why there are going to be shows coming up with short seasons...no writers.

Pesonally I'm thinking they should get royalties...after all look at where Hollywood is without them!

yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 7:58am
If you want to have a wee read here

I personally support the strike too - sounds like they are just after a fair deal

Post Reply Post Reply