FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1037>
Author
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 9:27am
Bobbie, I hope Rowan heals up fast, poor little thing & poor mummy & daddy having to watch her in pain You are doing so well though, I have been in tears over much less than that (and often). Hang in there.

Olivia went down for her sleeps fairly well last night and actually slept for decent periods each time. She's been in her crib grizzling for over half an hour and still won't settle now though. She dozes off and then wakes up again. It's tough ain't it ladies. We're starting to leave her to cry a little and sometimes it works, other times we need to pick her up and walk her a bit. We'll all figure this out eventually ... or at least they grow out of it ... fingers crossed.

I've started taking Blessed Thistle to try and get a bit more milk coming in. I've been expressing after feeds (when I can) but I'm getting pathetic amounts out and it doesn't seem to be helping. I'm going to try the herbal route before the chemical one.
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 9:36am

We are all stumbling our way through  and gosh we are only new at this ... so I think we are doing pretty damn amazing!

Freesia ... you are doing a great job ... trying everything you can think of to help out little Olivia (who has theeee most adorable cheeks btw).

Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 9:57am
**lurking**

Hey wrxchic, are you sure the blood when toileting is coming from ones and not twos? (Sorry, didn't know how else to put it!) Cos, if you've had trouble at the back post baby then it could be coming from an anal fissure (sorry, TMI again). I had them post baby and they can make a real mess in the loo when you go (normally no 2s but sometimes just with no 1s as well). Or it could be a combination of both and that could be why you are getting so much. I had postnatal bleeding for 5wks after my girl was born and i still bleed from the fissure everytime i toilet now (although there's only a little blood now). Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about fissures if that's what you've got. Good luck, hope the bleeding settles real soon.
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 10:58am
Definately from my vajayjay. Midwife sending me for a scan when i get back from holiday but she said it doesnt sound like i should be worried about it and my period could be returning as well so it could be that causing some of it
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 11:04am
"Stumbling" is about the best way to put it Everything we do we learn a bit more though, right?

We have Olivia booked into First Impressions today. They are the ones that do the 3D hand & feet sculptures and frame them. A gift from granny. We wanted to get her done before she got too big and she's already growing so fast. It's our first proper outing (except for a short stroll) and I'm trying to think of everything we'll need to take for all the 'just-in-case' scenarios.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 12:27pm
Awww poor little Rowan, I feel for you guys Bobbie!! Hope you both heal up quickly.

Hope your first outing goes well Freesia!

I might be joining you ladies in the next couple of days *fingers crossed*... I have been getting contractions every 10 mins so hopefully it progresses into labour proper!!
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 2:11pm
Janey, I'm going to be checking in here all the time now waiting for some news.

Our outing went really well. The lady did her prints reasonably easy so I can't wait until we get them. We even went shopping although DP ended up carrying her around in the capsule - we couldn't find a trolley that the capsule fits into and we forgot to bring a wrap or something to put into the baby capsules they already have. I'll remember that next time! It's funny how other mother's will stop and look and have a quick chat. We got stuck for AGES with one mum who had 6mth old twins and just wouldn't stop talking. We did get lucky and she woke and fed just before we had to leave so she's been asleep most of the time. PHEW!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 2:31pm
Hey guys,
Having a better day today. Sorry about my pity party. Freesia you are so generous when Olivia and you and DH have been through so much worse. I am so embarrassed

Yay Janey not long now - you'll be counting hours not days until you have your baby

Julia yep I have to keep reminding myself that crying is Rowan's only form of communication and it's amazing how often things are solved with a boob. Still didn't help yesterday though no matter how often I reminded myself.

Freesia apparently Foodtown Takapuna has trolleys you can fit the capsule in (haven't tried it yet) so maybe other Foodtown's do as well. You are so good getting her prints done. I'm going to take Rowan to Paint the Earth next week and do hers but I really regret not getting on to it sooner . She's already grown so much!

wrxchic I hope your period isn't back already - that would be so unfair! It's funny how no one thinks to tell you that the lochia can dwindle away and then come back with a vengence. I went for a week with just spotting and then it soaked through 2 pads (and some bedding) in an hour

Edited by Bobbie

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

Freesia you are so generous when Olivia and you and DH have been through so much worse. I am so embarrassed

Gosh don't think that It's awful whenever you hear them crying in pain. There's a whole different sound to it that breaks your heart and to not be able to do anything to help them straight away is awful.

We went to a Foodtown but couldn't find the trolley with the fitting to insert your own capsule so either this one didn't have them or they were all in use.

Funny how you say how much Rowan has grown already. When I was talking to the lady with the 6mth old twins, they looked absolutely enormous. Being twins, they were probably a bit smaller than average too. It won't be long before our little babies are real big too.

I was getting my hopes up that my lochia was finishing up but then it came back ... now it's disappearing again. It was so nice not having a period during the pregnancy, but it sure makes up for it after baby is here.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 3:39pm
I hope you are right Bobbie! Pains are still regularly ten mins apart. My midwife said things should definitely be happening in the next day or two. Yay not long to go now
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 5:02pm
Janey, as you may be a bit busy later on , I'll say good luck and all the best for Chloe's delivery now.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 7:10pm

Hmmm with all this talk, I think I should look into baby prints too ... Isabelles feet are already 8.5cm long she will be a giant before I know it!

Oh and I should get DH to investigate the supermarket next time he goes down, I hadnt even thought about fitting her capsule into a trolley ....  so far DH has done grocery shopping for me (and has done since about 36 weeks pregnant lol)

Last time we went out we just put her capsule in the snap and go and off we went

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 10:54pm
Hi ladies!

good luck Janey! Hopefully you're off doing what you need to do to get that baby out by now!

wrxchic - could be your period? I was just wondering about mine as I've had pretty much nothing for over a week, then got pain Thursday, Friday and then Friday night started bleeding again. At first I thought it was because I had one or 3 glasses of wine and that my body was in shock or something but surely not. I'd be very excited if it was my period, I only had it a grand total of I think 4 or 5 times in my life before getting pg! I'd love to be a 'normal' person!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 7:45am
Lilfatty, we got little sculptures done of Olivias hands and feet from here First Impressions It was a gift from her granny so hopefully they come out nice. We need to also do her prints somehow too to put in her baby book. Does anyone know if there's a special way to do it rather than using normal ink? A non-toxic and non-staining way? Bobbie, what is Paint the Earth? Do they do prints for you?

I hadn't been to the supermarket in over a month either. It was actually really nice to get out albeit in a real hurry to get around and get out of their before she was due her next feed.

We had a great night last night. Olivia slept for 3-4 hrs each time we put her down and she has been going down fairly well on her own too. So between 11pm and 6am we only had to get up to feed once. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

No sign of Janey on here yet? Hopefully she is either getting a good rest or giving (or has given birth). The latter preferably.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 12:37pm

Ive checked most of the boards and cant see and Janey news ... so hopefully she is busy delivering a little one.

Freesia, I was thinking about the paint too .... I want to print her foot and hand for her baby album .... i presume water based paint would be ok ... but will have a looksey to see what i can find out.

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 2:37pm
lilfatty - those feet paintings look awesum. Best to do it as young as possible i tried to do Kylahs at 3 weks old and she kept moving and smudging it.
Also i got told food colouring is good to do foot and handprints with. Way easier to clean up too.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 3:19pm
Ah, good point Kylahsmum - non toxic too (i had also been wondering what to use for footprints) Cheers
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 4:04pm

Great tip!  I never would have even thought of food colouring

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 4:09pm

I found the paint the earth footprint information Freesia .... it looks like a cool gift idea!

Paint the earth

Snickerdoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snickerdoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 4:21pm
Hi everyone.
I've finally found my way here.
I've got a few pages to catch up on, so I'll make sure I make time to read them.
otherwise, it's good to be here with all the new mummies

Looking forward to the remaining Jan babies and all the new feb babies to arrive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1037>