FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPre-schoolers = criminals?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-schoolers = criminals?
    Posted: 24 January 2008 at 6:23pm
Anyone see this on the news just now? They're gonna screen kiddies from 3 - 7 to see if they're anti social and could be crims.. man I woulda been a complete write off.. I was a NASTY kid hehe not a criminal now tho O.o how strange.
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 6:45pm

Interesting. I didn't see it on the news would of been interesting.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 10:39pm
Sounds a bit OTT to me, I'm very suspicious of anything like this. How exactly are they going to do this screening? Is it in NZ?
I didn't watch the news so don't really know

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 9:55am
They reckon they're gonna look out for over the top agressive behaviour and tantrums. Apparently kids that are gonna be criminals suffer more than 4 times the amount of tanties that regular kids do.. I dont understand it, its descrimination if you ask me. like i said in my first post if they'd had it when I was a kiddie, i'd be in an institution having it drummed into me that i must not be bad or a criminal! what on earth is the world coming to :/
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 11:48am
Intersting topic, I am going slightly off topic here, but is related I think. I am reading a book called Housekeeping - The essential book of Good Parenting and I read a chapter last night on how you are as a parent and how you discipline you child shapes the kind of personality your child will have, eg: an unloving environment and insecure home life has been shown to cause anti-social behaviour and your child will be more inclined to be bullied by peers. Thats just one of the explanations they gave, but I found it very interesting reading - not that I am taking it like gospel,but it defiantely got me thinking!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:30pm

Peachy what your book says describes my cousins down to a tee. They were in an unloving environment and they all have turned out anti social and general evil in their ways of life.

Andrew has his episodes of an over the top tantrum (even pre school has seen it) but I can't seeing the odd episode is going to make him into a criminal thou.

I would of too been classed as likely to be a criminal if that had of been done when I was a pre schooler - now look at me.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 7:43pm
Wow that does sound a little crazy. I'd hate to think of the effects on any 3 year old from being "diagnosed" as anti-social and criminal.
aussiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:12am
Apparently there were something like 500 families who had an interest in this research and out of that 500 only 1 family were interested in taking the research further, ie. getting their child tested. (So Paul and Pippa said on the breakfast show this week!)
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 2:46pm

Wow that is very weird , esp since household dynamics can change and people could turn out totally different than when they were 3-7.  Only one family in the study doesnt really qualify it as a study then lol

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
hooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 1:36pm
its very OTT.
Desiree

Post Reply Post Reply