FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat Buggy Do You Have?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
damianmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damianmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Buggy Do You Have?
    Posted: 12 February 2008 at 5:22pm
What buggy do you have? Does it suit your needs? Are you 100% happy with it? Why did you choose the one you did?
Sponsored Links

damianmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damianmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 5:25pm
I have a M/B Urban Elite. I chose it because it was the strongest that I'd tried, could take the biggest weight and NZ made with a fantastic reputation. I love it. It is so comfortable. Not so great for the second child addition because I didn't want to buy a double and there are no kiddy boards in stock anywhere! But we are getting by. I've had cheaper ones and this one wins hands down.

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 5:56pm
We have a mountian buggy urban elite. Love it best pram, so easy to use,to fold down, light weight and luke loves it. Alos had the bassinet for when he was newborn which was excellent he laid flat and slept so well in it. 100 % happy with the mountain buggy brand.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 6:15pm
We also have a MB Urban Elite. It was my husband's choice - not sure why. I really like it and also had the bassinette for when Jack was newborn.
My only problem with it is I don't know how well the kiddy board will work if/when No 2 comes along. I definately wouldn't want a dble buggy, it is often hard enough to negotiate the sgle buggy through some stores.
Other than that it is great.
Lindsey

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 6:46pm
We have a Viva Bam! ($100 from farmers) It's great for an older baby/toddler - we bought it when Seb was about 12 months old. No lie-back so useless for a small baby, but then I'd prefer to use a sling then anyway. It's great for fitting on the bus, but still has good space for storage.

KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 9:37pm
We have a Bertini something? Its a 4 wheeler. I HATE it with a passion and never use it apart from walking around the streets and even then I hate it. It is far too heavy and bulky. Hard to steer and doesn't sit upright enough so Ashleigh is always slouched down and straining to sit up. We also have a Jolly Jumper layback stroller which I love (apart from squeaky wheel that CRC just won't fix lol!) and use it all the time.
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 9:46pm
We have two! Our main one is a Bebe Confort Loola travel system with carrycot, pram, carseat and base. Its a really good solid pram and we have a buggy board on the back for Charlotte. You can clip the carseat in and out of the frame really easily- or the pram unit. Plus it can be forward or rearward facing which I love

We have it in grey/black.

Our second one we just got and its a Quinny Zapp. Its so cool- its my new favourite toy It folds up really small so we can take it as carry on luggage for our flights. Its amazing how big it folds out and it comes with a raincover and travel bag. We've also bought a shopping basket for underneath it and a sun shade cover.

We got it in PINK

ETA- I added pics because I don't think the Loola is sold in NZ- and I know the Zapp you can get at the Babyfactory but I don't think you can get it in PINK I have a bit of a pram fetish

Edited by Jennz
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 9:47pm
LOVE my mountain buggy!!!!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 9:51pm
LOVING the pink quinny!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
damianmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damianmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 11:18pm
LOVE that pink one! Don't think my boys would suit it!

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 7:20am
I have a P&T's e3 v2. I love it. It's a great double buggy. I didn't want a side by side double, as I would never get in and around shops. I used it for a year as a single with Alex, and he loves it. Before that I had a MB terrain (which is now grandma's buggy). It was fine, but I knew I would need a double, and MB don't have any double options other than the kiddy board, which would be no good for Alex, so I changed to the P&T's.

LOVE the pink buggy too!!!
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 7:27am
I've got a mountain buggy Urban Designer and I love it. It's so easy to walk with, and I can fold it down easily enough and stick it into the boot. Dh chose ours too.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 8:32am
I've got the MTB Urban ELite and love it. We also had the carry cot when Tom was small.

I must admit I was tempted by the quinny but as a newly pregnant mummy I was weary of something new.....now I can see the benefits and PINK!!! WOW!!!! But I dont think I would get away with Pink.
tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 8:34am
i have a kesington II i think its called, from the baby factory, that we used for tash and i loved it. it went around the farm real easily and it was great at the feild days for stashing all the freebies in the shopping basket at the bottom.
for the twins we got a steelcraft enigma. have used it yet as the twins arent here yet, but it seems good. it was a couple of kgs lighter then the double mb and i found it easier to fold down.it came with the bumper bars,storm cover, bootcovers,headsnugglers and pad things for the shoulder strapes. tash has also had a bit of a climb in and out and it was really stable and she had enough room to sit in the seats, even though she wont be doing much of that.
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 10:10am
We have two a pedigree sport which is about 8ish years old which we bought when Natasha got sick and couldn't walk, (she hated being in a wheel chair because people would stare) it holds up to 45kg so could take Natasha and Alex at the time. I only use it to walk around here I hate trying to fold it up it's heavy and awkward.
We also have a streelcraft something or other which I use at the shops it's easy to get around with and as it isn't as wide as the three wheelers it can just about squeeze between the racks at farmers.
Not really overly keen on either of them to tell the truth.

I love that pink Quinny might look at that when I return to work.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 10:11am
MB Urban buggys are popular!!!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:05am
P&T E3 V2. Chose it cos it was the easiest to fold and lightest to lift into the car boot. Liked the toddler seat, how they are supported right up their head/back unlike other toddler seats.
We still very much love this buggy, and cos its light and easy to lift into car, there has been no need to get an extra umberalla stroller, like a lot of people seem to do.

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 7:49am
OT..... I told DH about the pink quinny last night, and he just rolled his eyes at me, and gave me the 'you don't need another buggy' look! Men just don't get it!! he he
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 10:32am
Originally posted by nicolaann nicolaann wrote:

OT..... I told DH about the pink quinny last night, and he just rolled his eyes at me, and gave me the 'you don't need another buggy' look! Men just don't get it!! he he

EXACTLY what mine did too! I just worked on him for a few days until I got my own way That man will buy anything just to shut me up lol!
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 1:35pm
lol, Jennz!

Ihave a childcare trio sport form TBF with a toddler seat, and I love it. Same as a Valco, but about $400 cheaper, lol.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>