FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwish us luck... skin prick test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 8:22am
Both my kids had/have milk protein allergies. Joey was very sensitive to it but grew out of it at around 2 years. Lily is sensitive to it in my breast milk but only if I have straight dairy thank goodness.

Hope life is easier now that you know what to avoid!!

Sponsored Links

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 9:08am
Do you have to do any food challenges, or are they happy for you to just try her with stuff now?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:53am
Yay Ella! What a legend! Good luck with introducing new foods now! I hope she is more receptive to things than my Maya was, little wench still doesn't drink milk or eat eggs even tho she outgrew her allergy about 2 years ago!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:51am

Aw young Maya, you're missing out on all the really yummy stuff!!!

Aimee we had nursing and lab staff only - they didn't talk about trying her on anything, and I'll need to wait to see the Paed about that and about meds.  I also took a photo of the results on Ella's arm to show MIL - she just won't discuss it with me it seems so I'll let her see the pic tonight, maybe that'll help.  She didn't even reply to any of my texts on the day about the results even though I knew she had her phone on her 'cause she'd been texting me about other things. 

Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 7:00pm
My MIL was sceptical to say the least- she was the one that gave Isla the food that caused her first hives/facial swelling/instant excema flare, cos 'oh surely butter wouldnt do that'.Grrrr!
Anyway,...I have now taken her to one GP amd 2 Paed appts, by saying "Oh I really would like it if you came to help me, etc etc", since hearing them talk about how serious it is, she and FIL are now just about more paranoid about what she eats than me!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:02pm
Aww about the MIL Andie Must be the difference of age - all the things that were taught back then etc.

Yay for answers though! At least you don't have to check packets for EVERYTHING anymore. I'm sure it's going to be so much easier to work around now that it's only dairy not all those other possibilities. And is milk allergy the most common? It's certainly up there so won't be so difficult to explain... except to the MIL though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12