FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFibroids after ceaser?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fibroids after ceaser?
    Posted: 21 February 2008 at 2:37pm

hi everyone

I just wanted to ask if anyone is still feeling a bit of pain now & then above their stitches?.. just above the right hand side? I had a bit of spot bleeding - not an actual menstrual cycle.. & quite a bit of pain - I get this on & off since my ceaser but this recent time was worse than usual - I could feel slight lumpieness on my right hand side too - my doc checked it out & said it is possible that I have fibroids - which is quite common for women after ceasers.. is it? (sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere before). I didn't ask much about it afterwards but should have

Sponsored Links

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 8:39pm
I didn't know that about fibroids and C/Ss!
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 9:10pm
Excuse my naive-ity (if there is such a word) but what are fibroids?
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 9:10pm
I don't think it's hugely common but I think I did read about this link when I was going thru issues and I have a c/s in my birthing history too... but I have endo (they think) not fibroids.
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 9:20pm
It could also be the scar tissue adhering to other 'bits' on the inside. Someone told me that if you massage the scar in an up-and-down motion starting from one end to the other you minimise the chance of the underneath layers adhering and sticking and becoming 'lumpy' (if that makes any sense to you !)

justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 1:48pm

yes, there is such a thing as fibroids - I hope I spelt it correctly!

It is something to do with the scar tissue.. apparently it can turn into apendicitis(sp) if you're not careful - that is what my doc told me. I was still pretty perplexed that's why I posted this the other day.. anyway, my doc also said it can happen after other sorts of operations as well.

thanks shell - I think this is exactly what it is.. I thought it would have happened ages ago..

justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 1:50pm

Ok so I have found something..

What are Fibroids?

Fibroids are benign growths or tumours on the muscular part of the uterus (the womb). They are not cancer.
Fibroids can be very small or bigger than the size of a grapefruit. They can grow in various positions on the uterus. The symptoms a woman has will depend on the number, size and position of the fibroids.
Twenty-five to 40 per cent of women of child-bearing age have fibroids. They are more common in women who are overweight or in women who are having trouble becoming pregnant. Most fibroids are diagnosed when women are between 30 and 40 years of age. They are often found when a woman is being examined during pregnancy or when having a cervical smear.

What causes fibroids?

It is not known what causes fibroids. Fibroids are more likely to grow when there are high levels of oestrogen in the body. This explains why fibroids tend to grow during pregnancy when oestrogen levels increase and why they reduce in size at menopause when oestrogen levels fall.
There is some evidence that women are more likely to have fibroids if other women in the family have had them.

Symptoms of fibroids

Many women do not know they have fibroids as they have no symptoms. Others can have symptoms which include:

• Heavy or irregular bleeding Fibroids are often the cause of heavy periods for women in their thirties and forties. The heavy loss of blood can lead to tiredness and anaemia (low iron levels).
  • Painfulperiods Sometimes, when a woman has her period, there are strong contractions as the uterus tries to push out fibroids growing inside it.
  • Pain in the lower abdomen, pelvis or back. Fibroids can cause pain by pressing on internal organs or by being connected to other organs by scar tissue.
  • Passing urine more frequently or having difficulty having a bowel motion. Fibroids can press on the bladder or bowel causing women to pass urine more frequently or to have difficulty in passing a bowel motion. Sometimes the pressure can be uncomfortable or painful.
  • Swelling of the lower abdomen. This can happen when fibroids are large.

A woman who has any of these symptoms regularly should check with her doctor to find out the cause and to look at possible treatments.

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 10:21pm
yep and i am now riddled with fibroids and no symptoms at all!!!!!!!! found out when we were scanned each time and they were growing...hormonal ones...

hadnt heard about comign with a c section tho before....
 Post Reply Post Reply