FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBrio Zento Review **Child Safety Seat**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
CRS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 10:44am
bump :)
Bonnie, Mum to a 1 1/2 year old & a 3 year old - still RF in their Brio Zento's
CPST & Safe2Go Technician
www.childrestraintsafety.com
Sponsored Links

lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 9:26am
OMG these look amazing!!!!

How about an OB competition to win one ??
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 1:50pm
Yes they are definitely awesome. We are so happy with ours that we will definitely be looking at spending the extra $ and getting another one when #2 comes along rather than moving Rowan into a different booster seat.

Can't speak of them highly enough.

ETA: funlvn next time we're at the same meetup you're welcome to come and inspect ours.

Edited by Bobbie

lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

ETA: funlvn next time we're at the same meetup you're welcome to come and inspect ours.

Ooooooh I'll take you up on that. Thanks! I'd love to check it out
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 8:24pm
I mentioned to my husband that Id like our daughter RF'ing longer than the 12kgs her carseat goes to.

At the moment it is out of our budget, our girl has her plunket visit end of next month so will see how much she weighs hopefully no more than 10.5kgs.

sheepo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheepo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 12:15am
Hi, I found this post thru google, wish to receive ur reply soon. DD is our 1st child, she was born 3kg, 50cm only. We knew she would be small at my late pregnancy, so we went for a capsule with base instead of convertible seats. She's now 8 months, always above 75% in height, but low in weight, she was 70cm, 7kg+ at her 7-month check. Our capsule seat supports up to 76cm, and I am about to buy another car seat for her.

Because she's tall, I am looking for a big seat, of coz I also want her to be rear facing as longer as possible. I went to Babycity and tried on a few convertible seats. The cosco is the largest, $199, and safe-n-sound looks comfortable. I gave up on cosco as I later found on net that it is built for amercian standard, and it only cost US$40 in USA. When DD sat in safe-n-sound Royale, there is only about 10cm left on top of her head, and it doesn't look spacy as well, esp. when DD is already quite slim.

I was quite disappointed, all I want is a big, as well as safe seat, that can last longer, maybe till she is 3 or luckily 5? I really like RF to 25kg of Brio Zento, and we don't quite care about the leg room, how much space the seat may take, etc. All I care is how long DD can stay in this car seat before she gets too tall. I've searched the whole night but can't find its height limit. Weight limit of 25kg is the only information I can find. Although it can be used till child's eye level with top of seat, I guess I won't stand that, I may move her to booster when top of her head levels with top of seat. So the height limit is very important for me. e.g. if it's 90cm, I may not use it after DD is 88cm.

And I don't quite understand how babyonthemove sells its product, I can't even find a price on its website, and all its retailers in Auckland are individuals. Is it possible for me to view the car seat before I purchase online?

Other recommendations rather than Brio Zento are also welcome. btw, is anyone selling Britax Multi-tech or Hi-way in NZ? Are they cheaper or more expensive than Brio Zento?

Thanks a lot.
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 7:27am
I just got DP to measure our Brio and it's approximately 55 cm from the inside base to the top of the car seat so if you measure your daughter from her bottom up to her head you'd get an idea of how she'd fit in it.

You can go and see the carseat from Baby On The Move before you buy, just contact the person who is closest to you. We bought ours for $560 I think it was.

I can't help you with the other carseats though sorry.

Good luck.

Here's a website with some info about the brio Child Restraint Safety at the bottom of the page it says its shell height is 57cm.

Edited by Freesia
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 11:35am
There is an option on the website to get a quote and they get back to you really quickly. I got mine around the same time as Freesia (about 9 months ago I think) so don't know if the price is still the same now.

You wouldn't want to purchase any carseat online IMO as you would definitely need to check if it would fit in your car first.

Funlvn did you get a chance to see Freesia's Brio last meetup? It doesn't look like I'll be at the next one either.

finnigan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 7:08pm
We have a Brio, you can use them until the tips of the ears are inline with the top of the shell, they have been tested that way and are safe. Ds is 2 weighs 12kg & is 91 cm tall, he still has lots of room in it.

We have just imported a Britax Multi Tech it is an awesome seat & the last seat he will ever need. It is a lot taller than the Brio but it also takes up more room (front to back) than the Brio. It is different to install than the Brio but not hard. It harnesses to 25kg rear facing, 18kg forward facing & then as a booster until 25kg forward facing. ds is only on the 2nd click (it has a moveable headrest & non re-threadable straps) of 6, where as he was in the top slots of the Brio.

If you got to car-seat.org & pm adventuredad he will send you a swedish seat, they are perfectly legal here and I can highly recommend him :)

sheepo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheepo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 9:25pm
Thanks everyone, I bought a Brio Zento the day after I posted here, and finally received it yesterday. The sales person from babyonthemove installed for me. DH likes it too, and believes it's way better than all other seats sold in the baby stores, e.g. they don't have the foam, etc.

Well, it's still not very spacy for DD, she doesn't have a lot room left for her arms, so she has to put them on the armrest. DD is also a bit unhappy sitting in the new seat, as she's not as free as she was in the capsule. Because with the Brio Zento, you can pull a belt after buckle to make the harness really tight, so that kids can barely move. I guess it means it's safer, so DD has to learn to get used to it, lol.

Overall: Brio Zento is nice seat, and it looks more expensive and well built than safe-n-sound.

P.S. Due to the weak NZD, the price has gone up to $579.

P.S.2. I've read posts of adventuredad on car-seat.org before, he seems to be a nice person. finnigan, would you mind telling me how much you paid for the Britax Multi-tech? Please pm me if you dun wanna post here. I thought about importing a seat as well, but I was worried about the bad exchange rate and a possible huge delivery cost.
finnigan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 10:43pm
I'm glad you like the Brio, they are really well made & solid compared to all the other seats we can get here. I imported a multi tech.

They are not cheap, I was thinking of getting one before I bought the Brio, but decided to go with the Brio, its the last seat he will ever need and I will probably buy another one for our next child to go into straight from the capsule.

It cost with the bad exchange (I should have done it 6 months ago, when I was thinking about it) $1100 ouch I know! but it only took 8 days to get here and it is cheaper including postage than what the Swedes pay for them. Adventuredad has a company so he can take all of the taxes off the seat.

It would have been an ok price if he had gone straight to the multi tech from the capsule, as we have had a safe and sound royale, safe and sound meridian ahr, a maxi cosi priori & brio since then lol I like car seats but we wont need another one until he is out of a booster.

Let me know if you want pics :) I'm glad you like your Brio :)

Edited by finnigan
finnigan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 10:51pm
Also I wanted to say it looked like ds was going to outgrow the Brio before he turned 2 but his growth since then has all been in his legs and not his torso :)
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 7:07pm
bump...

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
grrrgrrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grrrgrrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:28pm
Hi I have abrio zento as well and did a lot of reasearch before buying. Re the swedish t standard it is actually a lot stricter than the european standard.
I purchased the brio zento as it was the only one i could buy in NZ that passed the swedish testing (I am swedish and well aware of our standars).
Sweden has very strict testing relating to baby products a lot of the things you can buy here would never pass. So therefore I check to make sure (I know a bit OTT but makes me feel more secure in the choices I make for bubby)

I will be buying another brio zento for baby number 2 :)
Mattias 2yo
Henrik almost 1
Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 5:57pm
Thanks to the person who did the review because I'm off to the U.K. and have decided to buy the Brio Zento's & bring them back. Saves the inlaws 80 pounds in hiring them while we're there & much cheaper than NZ.... Oh can't wait, we're getting the turquiose ones.
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 9:20pm
Yup, according to the briocarseats.co.nz site they're the only place you can get them in NZ (because they install them, basically).

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 8:37pm

We're reviewing one of these seats in the next issue of OHbaby! -- they are amazing seats, and we are really impressed. You cannot buy them without having them installed -- the importer has chosen not to sell the seats without ensuring that every single purchaser has the seat installed initially by a professional -- and Baby on the Move is the only place you can get them.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 8:49pm
Yep and the branch I bought mine from even offered to fit it if we changed cars or wanted her to refit after warrants etc. Have learnt how to do it myself though, did take a few goes and a little bit of swearing She certainly didn't seem to have any trouble so I must just be a doofus.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 10:41pm
You get a DVD with it that shows you how to install it as well as written instructions. But like cuppatea, our branch offered to check it any time we moved it to another car, or re-installed it.

DH figured it out pretty quickly though but it's nice to know that you have that option for piece of mind.

kandk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 4:16pm
It doesn't fit very well in a Nissan Navara double cab. Okay in a Toyota Hilux double cab though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>